MAJOR SPOILERS - Episode 5.14 - Synopsis

Spoiler discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: MAJOR SPOILERS - Episode 5.14 - Synopsis

Postby Iceman on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:36 pm

T.L.A. wrote:
b3rt4 wrote:At least I hope so. ;) Gonna be a good episode though.

Well, 'The Constant' wouldn't have sounded all that great in a blow-by-blow synopsis form either so yeah, it should be pretty good :D

Neither did "The Frozen Donkey Wheel" :|

And we all know how that turned out :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby julie on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:41 pm

in fact i'm not very excited by this episode.I want to see Locke ,ben and the other...so where is the synopsis of episode 15? :rofl:
julie
Extra

Postby T.L.A. on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Iceman815 wrote:Neither did "The Frozen Donkey Wheel" :|

I was ready to take an axe to the frozen donkey wheel when I first read that one ;)

julie wrote:in fact i'm not very excited by this episode.I want to see Locke ,ben and the other...so where is the synopsis of episode 15? :rofl:

There'l be a very short one aired just after 5.14 :P
John Locke: 2004~2009
T.L.A.
Former Staff Member

Postby Dogma9 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:56 pm

Sounds like a really awsome episode. :thumbup:

still. I shoulda known better then to trust Kristin. I mean, he feel asleep and miss what I THOUGHT would be big pat of the episode(a visit to Ann Arbor HQ)

Lesson learned :|

And yeah, I get the feeling that his body AND Mind are somhow traveling :S even though his body is still passed out on the sub floor... :S :S

Maybe what we're seeing is how the OTHERS travel/appear off island?

Like, their mind leaves their body(at the temple), yet, are still able to manifest a physical body off island?? :w00t:

If that IS whats going on, this could be one really important episode.
thanks to XTS

:haha: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :rockon: :w00t: :taz: :batman: :taz: :gunsmile: :tank: :guns: :music: :boat:
Dogma9
Emmy Nominee

Postby b3rt4 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:59 pm

Iceman815 wrote:
T.L.A. wrote:
b3rt4 wrote:At least I hope so. ;) Gonna be a good episode though.

Well, 'The Constant' wouldn't have sounded all that great in a blow-by-blow synopsis form either so yeah, it should be pretty good :D

Neither did "The Frozen Donkey Wheel" :|

Exactly that was my point. ;) :thumbsup:

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby T.L.A. on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:03 pm

Dogma9 wrote:And yeah, I get the feeling that his body AND Mind are somhow traveling :S even though his body is still passed out on the sub floor... :S :S

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Sounds a bit like Jacob's situation actually. In a compromised state on-island, but time-travelling to different periods off-island
John Locke: 2004~2009
T.L.A.
Former Staff Member

Postby Spleen on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Kid_A wrote:I read all of it, and now I think I have to read it once, and once again, because I couldn't understand the parts where he meets with young Desmond, or Penelope. How the hell could the book exchanged hand to hand to be given back to Daniel?

Me too, it's pretty confusing, I can't resist spoilers, but skimming/reading it through only once and not familiarizing myself with it completely will make me enjoy the episode more now.

It's like, I know it's going to be an amazing episode, and I'm well psyched up for it, but now letting it unfold before me when I already have a general idea of whats going to happen it going to just let me sit back and enjoy the magic.

I knew Daniel was going out of it, but I thought they would save it for the final. I thought this episode was gonna be a set up for Daniels death in the final.

Still not entirely happy with Daniel dying though, he is far far too mesmerizing on screen, and Jeremy Davies is up there with Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quin as the most talented actors on the show, he has these manerisms of Daniel done perfectly, it's 100% believable that he is this slightly crazy/genious physicist.

I hope he'll be back in some form or another, if he's gonna die, this is the sorta epsiode to send him out with though. Just irks me that he disappears for ages just to come back and die within an episode.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Spleen
Supporting Actor

Postby Kid_A on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:28 pm

Dogma9 wrote:Maybe what we're seeing is how the OTHERS travel/appear off island?

Like, their mind leaves their body(at the temple), yet, are still able to manifest a physical body off island?? :w00t:

If that IS whats going on, this could be one really important episode.

Seems a good theory for me, also a little bit science-fictionary, which I always like in Lost. :) "Mind leaves the body", a cool explanation for the whole "staying on the island, visiting off the island" if it is the one.
Kid_A
Supporting Actor

Postby ObsessedwithLOST on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:54 pm

No explanation for why he was crying in Confirmed Dead?
ObsessedwithLOST
Stunt Double

Postby Hatebox on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:59 pm

Des giving young Dan the notebook is a paradox surely, because it will have had no manufacturer?
Hatebox
Supporting Actor

Postby frw22 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:06 pm

this sounds so AWESOME!!!

1. cant wait to see old des giving young daniel the journal, i recon this is gonna be a future time travelin des
2. so rebecca mader will appear, didnt expect that
3. so much eloise and charles, excellent
4. young desmond, didnt expect that either
5. well find out why des left the army, wow

Id like to say thankyou to everyone at the LOST team. the show has given me so MUCH pleasure ad this 100th episode will be one of the greatest, no question!

Happy 100th Episode!!!
frw22
Extra

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:17 pm

Yeah, it really does sound like he's physically time-traveling.

Also, the way Eloise tells Daniel he'll always be a failure because she hopes to discourage his scientist aspirations sounds a lot like Christian and Jack. And Widmore sure does only care about whatever his objective is. Eloise is pushing Daniel away from the Island while dad ushers him to a one way boat trip to the Island. :lol:
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby Clovisc1982 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:18 pm

I missed the point when Adult Desmond meets Young Daniel...how's that ??? :S :S :S :S
:: Do not mistake coincidence for fate ::
Clovisc1982
Viewer

Postby kleptomarnie on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:27 pm

I read it and I... am not sold that this could, in fact, be one of the best. Let me preface that by saying I'm not a fan of The Constant. Watching it again is watching an episode that's almost pure gimmick, and once the novelty's worn off...eh. So you can stop reading this now!

This synopsis suggests there's a LOT of room for inconsistencies in this episode. Had more information been given about location I might feel more confident. For starters: where, exactly, are Charles and Ellie living with Daniel? Why does it read as if they're living a "normal" off-island domestic life when both of them are apparently leaders of the Hothers (not a typo) on the island? And if Daniel's being educated with Penny and, briefly, Desmond, what's up with the American accent? For that suggests he's been raised in England.

Then there's the issue with adult Desmond visiting a young Daniel. Sounds like a great twist, but this ball has a very high probability of being dropped. There's the writers' bad habit of introducing what appear to be major plot points/characters and letting them flounder, not to mention there's a legal case pending against Henry Ian Cusick which may effect their ability to follow this plotline through.

I just...ehn. I don't know. Hopefully they'll pull it off without leaving room for more questions, but right now, with the information I have, I just don't know for sure.
(current avatar made by prosecutingly @ livejournal)
kleptomarnie
Stunt Double

Postby Aurora on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Thirty-Fiver wrote:Yeah, it really does sound like he's physically time-traveling.

Also, the way Eloise tells Daniel he'll always be a failure because she hopes to discourage his scientist aspirations sounds a lot like Christian and Jack. And Widmore sure does only care about whatever his objective is. Eloise is pushing Daniel away from the Island while dad ushers him to a one way boat trip to the Island. :lol:

That's an interesting parallel between Eloise and Daniel and Christian and Jack. I don't remember Christian discouraging Jack from pursuing science. I do remember him telling Jack that Jack was not a "leader." Maybe Christian was trying to save Jack from something, the way Eloise was trying to save Daniel.

Eloise (the believer in destiny) wants to be wrong about destiny when it comes to what she knows happens to Daniel and that's why she attempts to change Daniel's destiny by discouraging him from his scientific pursuits. She doesn't want him to end up on that Island, and her "cruelty" towards him as a child is an attempt to save him from his fate. She tries but I suppose somewhere along the way she must realize that what she did actually pushed him in the direction that she didn't want him to go.

I wonder if Widmore knows that Eloise shot future Daniel on the Island. We do see one parent doing her best to change her son's destiny, would Widmore, knowing his son was going to be shot and killed if he ever got to the Island, really not make any sort of attempt to try to stop it? I guess if he had absolutely no doubt in his mind that he couldn't save Daniel from that fate, he wouldn't even try. He ends up being the supportive Dad who loves his son and encourages him.
Aurora
Guest Star

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Spoilers