MAJOR SPOILERS - Episode 5.14 - Synopsis

Spoiler discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: MAJOR SPOILERS - Episode 5.14 - Synopsis

Postby Kid_A on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Aurora wrote:
Hatebox wrote:It sounds like 85% of the epi is "flashback" (for lack of a better word) and it seems like the guy just didn't bother with the 70s Dharma stuff.

Very doubtful that Locke can be fit into all that.

But...Locke's in the promo. :cry: He might be in it. A little bit. I always say a little bit of Locke is better than no Locke at all.

Maybe John and Sun are at the end of the episode...? Not something that had never happened on the show. :) The sneek peeks show us the entrance of the episodes, and the last shots of the promos sometimes show the end. :P

But whatever it is, whether John or Ben or Sun is not involved in tonight's episode -as sure I'd be happier if they were to!- the episode seems promising to reveal more of the story than any other episode we've watched in season 5, so 100th milestone is a milestone, which specifies it from the other stones. :lol:
Kid_A
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby mbarry1 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:21 pm

Assuming this is all reasonably accurate, I like how they're revisiting the concept of "constant" specifically with regards to Daniel and Desmond. Daniel can't physically accomplish the transfer of the journal, but is able to utilize Desmond to achieve the same goal.

Having said that, there are a couple of "future" references that also bring to mind the dreaded Aaron/Ji-Yeon spoiler, especially Desmond carrying a physical object (the journal) in the past that he didn't receive until 2008. Since Desmond obviously can't travel back in time until some point after he's recovered and left the hospital, this suggests a "future Desmond" at work, and leads me to believe that we'll see future characters/events in episodes to come.
mbarry1
Stunt Double

Postby ccf on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:36 pm

I've checked on the page but I can't find the synopsis. Will someone post a link to it for me
much thanks
ccf
Viewer

Postby robdraggoo on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:42 pm

I wonder why Mother Ellie would do so much to keep her son from going to the island if she beieves in fate and course correction. She knew she was going to kill her son. regardless of her feeling she must have known it was futile.
robdraggoo
Guest Star

Postby mbarry1 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Also, I think Charlotte "falling in love" with Daniel on the freighter is premature. I'm not doubting Daniel's feelings, but I didn't think we saw any reciprocation from Charlotte until well after they'd arrived on the Island.
mbarry1
Stunt Double

Postby Kid_A on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:37 pm

robdraggoo wrote:I wonder why Mother Ellie would do so much to keep her son from going to the island if she beieves in fate and course correction. She knew she was going to kill her son. regardless of her feeling she must have known it was futile.

But right for now, without knowing the true reason of it, we can only guess that it is the nature of a mother to try and keep her son from danger and keep him safe. :) Whether she's the one that believes on the course correction the most. ;)
Kid_A
Supporting Actor

Postby sham16 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:04 am

T.L.A. wrote:If we forget that 'Stranger in a Strange Land' ever existed, that would make 'Follow The Leader' the magic 100 :P

Thank you, TLA. You've successfully changed history (at least in my consciousness!) :D

Agree that it's future Desmond who travels to the past to give Daniel his notebook.

My questions: The last time we saw Daniel's notebook, Caesar was reading it in the office on Alcatraz Island.
How did the notebook get into Caesar's hands? How does Desmond get possession of the notebook? What makes Desmond go back to the past to give Daniel his notebook?

And if Daniel and Penny are half-siblings, doesn't that make Dan and Des "brothas"-in-law? :whistle:
sham16
sham16
Guest Star

At least partly a foiler

Postby thewhitepeacock on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:33 am

Sorry if anyones already mentioned this already: but what struck me as odd was no mention of an Eloise - Penny interaction, when in the promo photos, there is one of them standing together at (what I'm guessing is) Desmond's hospital.

I'm calling Foiler, at least partially.
thewhitepeacock
Viewer

Postby robdraggoo on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:34 am

sham16 wrote:
T.L.A. wrote:If we forget that 'Stranger in a Strange Land' ever existed, that would make 'Follow The Leader' the magic 100 :P

Thank you, TLA. You've successfully changed history (at least in my consciousness!) :D

Agree that it's future Desmond who travels to the past to give Daniel his notebook.

My questions: The last time we saw Daniel's notebook, Caesar was reading it in the office on Alcatraz Island.
How did the notebook get into Caesar's hands? How does Desmond get possession of the notebook? What makes Desmond go back to the past to give Daniel his notebook?

And if Daniel and Penny are half-siblings, doesn't that make Dan and Des "brothas"-in-law? :whistle:

I didnt realize he was reading Dan's notebook. which epi was it. I must now LOSTPEDIA it
robdraggoo
Guest Star

Postby Blinus on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:31 am

Um... the summary is a bit off. Dramatic yet successful foiler?

-- Merged Double Post --

OH **** MY ABC JUST DIED! F***ING BULL***!

I'm fine... I'm fine. Everything's fine. I'll just download it later. This'll be the longest hour or two of my life.
Last edited by Blinus on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blinus
Stunt Double

Postby Iceman on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:38 am

Err yeah, this is nothing even close to it lol.........
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby robdraggoo on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:42 am

if you read the synopsis and are ashamed of it. fret not. I was on the chat at it barely resembles it. so stay away from the CHAT!!!
robdraggoo
Guest Star

Postby T.L.A. on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:54 am

I think maybe someone got their cover blown :whistle: :O :lol:
John Locke: 2004~2009
T.L.A.
Former Staff Member

Postby The Cartographer on Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:55 am

Looks like some of the things this guy put in the synopsis was just a just a load of crap!
The Cartographer
Extra

Postby b3rt4 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:04 am

At least the end was right. :PP

Sad though, he could have given us a sypnosis for future episodes too. :thumbsdown:

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Spoilers