[SPOILER] Ausiello Smallville Scoop 14/05

Spoiler discussion for 'Smallville'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

[SPOILER] Ausiello Smallville Scoop 14/05

Postby BearaceDougie on Wed May 14, 2008 7:57 am

Question: I read your story about Allison Mack possibly not re-signing for Smallville next season. What's the latest? — Marta

Ausiello: Talks are still at a stand-still. That's the bad news. The good news is that production doesn't resume until July, so the situation isn’t all that dire… yet. One Smallville insider speculates that Mack may ultimately take a page from co-star Kristin Kreuk's book and return for only a handful of episodes. It's not ideal, but it certainly beats the alternative: no Chloe at all. BTW, many of you have written in asking whether you should read anything into the fact the CW, in its upfront press release yesterday, left Mack's name off the Smallville's cast list, and the answer is, well, let's ask the CW: "We are in talks with her," responds a network rep. "Hopefully she will return next season." This just in: It's up to $106! I'm gaining on Catherine Bell! I may actually have a shot at winning this thing. Keep bidding, people! This is one of those rare opportunities to raise money for something you really believe in (relief for families suffering from neurofibromatosis) and support a worthwhile charity (my ego).

Question: Any additional info on the casting of Doomsday or the new female villain on Smallville? — Eric

Ausiello: As luck would have it, the official casting breakdowns went out last week, and here are the highlights:
Doomsday
• He's in his mid-20s.
• He works as a bartender at the hip new Metropolis lounge Ace of Clubs (get it?).
• He plays down his smoldering good looks with a self-effacing wit and down-to-earth soulfulness. But he has long felt like an outsider (hence his nickname). And beneath his charismatic, easy-going demeanor lies a brooding sense of isolation and insecurity. When he begins to delve into the haunting mysteries of his true origins, a darker truth begins to emerge, one of blood and serial murders, one of survival and utter destruction — one in which he is forced to confront the true evil inside of him."

Tess
• Drop-dead gorgeous (duh)
• Roughly 28 years old
• She's determined, sexy, vengeful and has super-strength.
• "While Lex is away, she is in control of his estate and rules it with aggression. She's had intellect and the confidence all her life, though it's obvious she's had some training from Lex as well. But as much as Lex has helped fortify her power, he is also her biggest weakness. She harbors an undying devotion to Lex, claiming he saved her life a few years ago. She carries out his wishes with coercion, force, seduction — anything to get what she wants. And no one can resist her beguiling ways. Even Clark Kent. She doesn't remember anything before the day she met Lex. Once she realizes her previous life is buried below the surface, she's desperate to dig it up."

Source: TV Guide
BearaceDougie
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [SPOILER] Ausiello Smallville Scoop 14/05

Postby Iceman on Sat May 17, 2008 3:41 am

Here is an update from Ausiello:

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Smallville fans, consider this bullet officially dodged: Multiple sources confirm to me exclusively that after weeks of tense negotiations, Allison Mack has sealed a deal to return next season as a series regular!

Full Article Here
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Beth on Tue May 20, 2008 8:13 pm

Does anyone know if it is true that this next season of Smallville will be the last? :?:
Beth
Viewer

Postby spoil_me on Tue May 20, 2008 11:27 pm

I have always felt that Chloe will at some point be killed. She does not exist anywhere in Superman Lore. She was a character created for thi s TV show. In order for Clark to move towards his destiny as Superman Chloe will sooner or later need to die. In fact it could be the major factor in his turning to Superman. Personally I think writers had planned to kill her many seasons ago but she became a fan fav.
Give me the "OMG WTF" spoilers!
spoil_me
Stunt Double

Postby isabelle on Thu May 22, 2008 6:43 pm

i am glad that chloe is coming back.

considering next season will have
no lex, lionel or lana
, i need chloe in it otherwise i won't even bother watching.

i loved smallville, but i have to say that fact that
lex probably isnt coming back
has majorly put me off. :(
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby 4815162342execute on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:33 am

Chole better be back- Smallville wouldn't be the same without her :( .
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby spoil_me on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:37 am

That may be true but Chloe does not exist in Superman mythlogy. This "suggest" at some point they need to kill her. Just my opinion. See they can do much with Clark "Pre Superman" but they cant alter what is already known and Chloe is nowhere is Superman lore.
Give me the "OMG WTF" spoilers!
spoil_me
Stunt Double

Return to Smallville Spoilers