Episode 11 synopsis is up

Spoiler discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode 11 synopsis is up

Postby Geordiegirl1967 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Adventures in Babysitting

“ONCE UPON A TIME” ACTRESS MEGHAN ORY GUEST STARS — Still reeling after what happened to Bobby (Jim Beaver), Dean (Jensen Ackles) becomes dangerously obsessed over finding a way to take down Dick Roman (guest star James Patrick Stuart). Meanwhile, Sam (Jared Padalecki) decides to help a teenage girl (guest star Madison Mclaughlin) look for her father (guest star Ian Tracey), a hunter who has gone missing. Sam traces his last steps to a truck stop where the help (guest star Meghan Ory) turns out not to be so friendly. Jeannot Szwarc directed the episode written by Adam Glass (#711).

Sigh! Yet again an ep description that sounds like the boys are following separate cases. They need to deal with what happened to Bobby together. So I am a little underwhelmed by the desc of this ep, but I know better than to prejudge. The synopsis for DD said "While Sam and Dean are busy on a hunt, Bobby recruits an old friend to investigate a case from his past." This made it sound like Bobby and the boys had 2 separate cases, but we know now how misleading that was. The boys were not 'busy on a hunt' they were distraught by Bobby's bedside.

Some eps sound great and disappoint (DYL being the latest example for me). Some sound terrible and turn out great. You never know. I just hope they aren't separated as this implies.
Geordiegirl1967
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode 11 synopsis is up

Postby magoghair on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:49 pm

I'm hoping your right and its misleading,though for a different reason. It says "Still reeling after what happened to bobby" which to me makes it sound like Bobby DID in fact die...and OMG I so do NOT want that to happen. I will be so sad...

But Dean becoming overly obsessed in trying to find a way to take down D. roman,reminds me of Dean after John died,when he just wanted to kill everything.

You are right though I have been hating how the writers are separating the boys and making them do their own things...I thought we were supposed to be getting that Butch and sundance feel,but I'm not seeing it. I mean sure they've taken away the house and the tools they can use,the impala and now Bobby,but i'm not getting the "and all they will have is each other" feel I thought I would.

But I guess I will wait and see how it plays out on screen. Hopefully your right and there is some misdirect.
"When have we ever done normal?!"
magoghair
Extra

Postby Pigeon666 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:25 am

I wasnt particularilary impressed with this synopsis either- though I have to admit I like the Dean obsessing over killing Dick Roman part. You guys are right about them being misleading though. I remember that I thought Mystery Spot was going to be an awful episode, but it turned out to be one of my favourites.
"Some people are like slinkies: completely useless, but put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs."
"Do these tacos taste funny to you?" - Dean Winchester

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
Pigeon666
Show Expert

Postby theartist27 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:45 am

For some reason I'm looking forward to this episode. Hopefully it turns out to be a good episode. Although I've found that Adam Glass episodes tend to be hit or miss. :unsure:
Image Image Image Image
theartist27
Viewer

Postby Geordiegirl1967 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:02 am

theartist27 wrote:For some reason I'm looking forward to this episode. Hopefully it turns out to be a good episode. Although I've found that Adam Glass episodes tend to be hit or miss. :unsure:

What else did he write? I have a feeling he wrote one my least favourite eps from s6. Was it All Dogs? (shudder - hate that ep :x )
Geordiegirl1967
Viewer

Postby theartist27 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:40 pm

Geordiegirl1967 wrote:
theartist27 wrote:For some reason I'm looking forward to this episode. Hopefully it turns out to be a good episode. Although I've found that Adam Glass episodes tend to be hit or miss. :unsure:

What else did he write? I have a feeling he wrote one my least favourite eps from s6. Was it All Dogs? (shudder - hate that ep :x )

You're right, Adam glass wrote the episode. It's actually one of the few episodes of the entire series that I truly dislike. Along with Caged Heat and Mannequin the Reckoning, which he didn't write by the way. But he did write Two And A Half Men, Like A Virgin, and Mommy Dearest, which weren't bad.
Image Image Image Image
theartist27
Viewer

Postby Geordiegirl1967 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Mixed bag for me then, because LaV and MD are 2 of the best s6 eps for me, and 2.5 men was good if I could ignore soulless Sam (which wasn't AGs fault). Really hated All Dogs though.

Hope this new ep is one of his good ones. If the ones he wrote once Sam had his soul back; MD and LaV are any guide, he writes the boys relationship really well.
Geordiegirl1967
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Agreed with most everything that's been said about this description. Having the guys constantly apart is REALLY getting old! Like mag said, where's the "all they'll have is each other" feel we're supposed to get?

And I don't like Dean being "dangerously obsessed"...the guy's been snappy, snarly, angry, you name it for a season and a half now...another thing that's getting old. Why the hell can't they let up on the guys already?

Oh and as for them "reeling after what happened to Bobby", that doesn't have to imply that he died. Even if he were still alive and in a coma or alive and slowly recouperating, they could still be reeling. They would have still come awfully close to losing him in that case, which would've been just as tough. I refuse to accept that Bobby is dead until it is written in stone. :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby ReedusChick21 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:13 pm

I'm conflicted in my feelings.

On one hand Dean being obsessed ='s Dean ticked off and a ticked off Dean is a hot Dean.
However separating the boys='s :cursing: .
Also Dean when he is in "killing mode" tends to fly off the handle and I don't want him taking stupid suicide like risks, you all know what I mean?

If Bobby actually dies (and I am still holding on to hope he doesn't) the boys shouldn't be separated.
ReedusChick21
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:12 pm

ReedusChick21 wrote:I'm conflicted in my feelings.

On one hand Dean being obsessed ='s Dean ticked off and a ticked off Dean is a hot Dean.
However separating the boys='s :cursing: .
Also Dean when he is in "killing mode" tends to fly off the handle and I don't want him taking stupid suicide like risks, you all know what I mean?

If Bobby actually dies (and I am still holding on to hope he doesn't) the boys shouldn't be separated.

Worst case scenario ,Bobby dies and Dean becomes so obsessed with taking down D. Roman ,he'll do it at any cost,even the cost of his own life. A life he himself admitted he would off if Bobby wasnt alright when he found the house burned down.

Best case scenario, Bobby lives in whatever state...but the boys are shook up at almost losing him,which lights a fire under dean's butt,and forces him to get his head back into the hunting game,and become more focused at the task at hand.

I'm not sure why sam goes off on his own,unless he is more focused on what they CAN do ,instead of what they are not able to do at the moment. Kinda like dean was in S1 I guess. Dean was more focused in S1 with saving people,and if they found their dad ,and took out the YED then that was the bonus. Sam was focused on finding their dad and taking down the YED. So maybe its like a switch ,or rewrite of history
magoghair
Extra

Postby Bec666 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:15 am

Have to agree I am so not liking the boys being split up again. Nor am I liking the fact Dean is the one going after the Levaiathans while Sam 'babysits'. I hope that is just a misleading synopsis. It makes it sound like only Dean cares about what happened.

I really hate how they are dealing with the brothers this season. What happened to Dean's 'Stone number one' speech?
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby percysowner on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:11 am

I agree that I really don't want the boys to be on separate cases yet again. There has been too much separation in my mind and I'm tired of it. In the end no good ever comes of them being apart. I'm hoping the description is misleading.

I'm waffling on whether Bobby is dead or not. I don't want him to be, but I'm starting to begin to accept that he may well be dead. If he is, the boys need to grieve together, not apart. He cared for them both, even though he did like Dean better.
percysowner
Viewer

Postby ReedusChick21 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:42 am

It makes no sense to split them up if Bobby is dead, they need to be together, however it's very Dean to give Sam the slip and handle Bobby's death in a way that involves going after Dick.

Dean just wanted to kill everything after their dad died, he may be the same way if Bobby is really dead.

Sam's gotta tie Dean to a chair.

-- Merged Double Post --

Dean being "dangerously obsessed" freaks me out. I don't want the dude to be like on a suicide mission to kill Dick. I want him to go about it smart, I don't want him to John Winchester it, meaning he gets so driven with revenge, he's willing to die to take out Dick. :cry:
ReedusChick21
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:16 am

ReedusChick21 wrote:It makes no sense to split them up if Bobby is dead, they need to be together, however it's very Dean to give Sam the slip and handle Bobby's death in a way that involves going after Dick.

Dean just wanted to kill everything after their dad died, he may be the same way if Bobby is really dead.

Sam's gotta tie Dean to a chair.

-- Merged Double Post --

Dean being "dangerously obsessed" freaks me out. I don't want the dude to be like on a suicide mission to kill Dick. I want him to go about it smart, I don't want him to John Winchester it, meaning he gets so driven with revenge, he's willing to die to take out Dick. :cry:

YES to sam tying Dean to a chair... :D ,sorry i'm always looking for more then the disapproving look...

Yeah I dont want dean on a suicide mission either. Maybe bobby isnt dead....cause from the describtion it says their reeling ,NOT that their grieving. I would be upset,if Bobby died and we didnt get to see the boys grieving.

So I'm hoping Bobby isnt dead. I LOVE Bobby and I want him around till the VERY end...maybe even be the one telling their story...because they went out like hero's....or maybe they BOTH get de-aged and Bobby is the one that raises them this time :wub: Sorry I was dreaming again... :blush:
magoghair
Extra

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:39 am

Ok...

A. Bobby likes Dean better? Sorry, not buying that at all. He loves both boys, period. As any parent can tell you, there are no favorites. I certainly haven't noticed any with Bobby. Ok, so there was the whole Soulless Sam trying to kill him thing, but I think he pretty much got over that...hell, quicker than Dean did, truth be known. So sorry, but for me that doesn't fly one bit.

B. I agree that it makes no sense to split the guys up again. It's like Sera and the writers are stuck in a rut and don't know what else to do with them except come up with reasons to keep them apart.

C. DEFINITELY agree on Dean not going on a suicide mission. That was my worry through that whole last episode...that both brothers would go over the deep end in their own way and I REALLY don't want to see that either.

Enough beating them up already, Sera...get them back together, on the same page, acting like themselves and can this other crap!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Next

Return to Supernatural Spoilers