Episode 11 synopsis is up

Spoiler discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Episode 11 synopsis is up

Postby Bec666 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:36 pm

I agree as well, but it's funny. As much as I have complained about the way the brothers are being written this year, I am actually loving the season so far. I have liked all of the episodes a lot with the exception of 'Time for a Wedding'. That had to be the WORST episode they have ever done.
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby CLDeangrl on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Oh it's been very good, just like last season, but again just like last season it's also been frustrating the crap out of me. I'm hoping it'll pick up steam in the second half like last season did.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:14 pm

I must say the Big Bad started slow, but he's grown to be one of my favourite. That guy has charisma - I love to hate him!

I do hope we also get a bit more of Death in the season, such a great character.
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 pm

I do hope we see the character Death again. I thought he was amazing and the actor that plays him,just has this presence about him.

I was a bit disappointed that Cas was not the leviathan Boss. I still havent warmed up to D. Roman yet. I just thought misha wouldve been awesome as a bad guy,and it wouldve been more heartbreaking to the boys. Seeing the bad guy wear the face as someone they used to consider a friend.

I have had my issues with the Season,but I love it so much better then season 6. Though I actually started out LOVING season 6,but I think when I realized the writers were using lisa/ben as a way to hurt dean,that kinda ruined it for me...

I hope at sometime though that the boys actually start working more together....I'm really missing that feel of the boys only having each other to depend on ,and to lean on....it just feels like their there,but just going thru the motions....maybe its dean's emo arc that is making it come off that way...I dunno
"When have we ever done normal?!"
magoghair
Extra

Postby Geordiegirl1967 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:32 pm

Bec666 wrote:I have liked all of the episodes a lot with the exception of 'Time for a Wedding'. That had to be the WORST episode they have ever done.

I know many didn't like it, but I really enjoyed TFAW. I found it funny as heck.
Geordiegirl1967
Viewer

Postby Bec666 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:38 am

God, I found it nauseating.. :)
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:04 pm

Same here...that was a TERRIBLE episode. One of the few times I actually found myself having trouble sitting through an SPN episode! O.o

As for this season and last...I like last season better but that could change. I wasn't thrilled with last season at first either and about halfway through it really picked up steam...so I've got my fingers crossed that it will happen again this season.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Geordiegirl1967 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:19 am

Funny how people's views can be so different. My sister and her family have now been successfully hooked on SPN (I am very smug about that). They have rattled through all 6 seasons in a few short weeks. They watched Time for a Wedding yesterday, and she rang me to rave about it. They all (sis, her hubby, and my 13 year old niece and nephew) LOVED it. But they have never been involved in online fandom. They would never think to interpret Becky as any sort of slight on them. I think this is at the heart of why some of the more active fandom didn't like it. Not really the quality of the ep, just the perceived insult. I didn't take it like that. I just thought it was funny, with loads of great lines and scenes. But if we all agreed these boards would be pretty dull.
Geordiegirl1967
Viewer

Postby theartist27 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:44 am

I didn't like the episode, and not necessarily because of Becky. I have enjoyed watching all of the other episodes she has appeared in, even if I don't really like the character. I truly disliked TFAW because I found it boring, extremely slow in places, Becky was featured too heavily, and I didn't laugh at all the entire episode. I'm sure there are more reasons, but I'll stop here. :whistle:
Image Image Image Image
theartist27
Viewer

Postby Gaussian on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:13 am

I only watched it once and then I removed it from my DVR. So, yeah.....I guess you could say I didn't love it. It just wasn't a well written ep. And, let's be honest Becky is an annoying character. I think most of us, if we're being honest, never cared if we ever saw her again. Honestly, if she is the representation of the "fandom", I'm not sure, but that I'm a little insulted. :hmm:
Gaussian
Viewer

Postby Geordiegirl1967 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Gaussian wrote:And, let's be honest Becky is an annoying character. I think most of us, if we're being honest, never cared if we ever saw her again. Honestly, if she is the representation of the "fandom", I'm not sure, but that I'm a little insulted. :hmm:

Who says Becky represents the fandom? Why can't she just be a character in her own right? It is interpreting her in that way, assuming that is how the writers see us, then feeling insulted by that, that is at the heart of lots of fans problems with this ep. My point was that, without that baggage, it was a perfectly ok ep IMO.
Geordiegirl1967
Viewer

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Oh I think she represent the stereotypical over the top fan, not just in the SPN fandom, but in the whole fandom universe.

I took it for the joke it is really. Take the conspiracy character (name dodges me right now), I'm sure the people who follow conspiracy theories for the most part aren't like that guy either, it's just a parody of the extreme. :thumbup:
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer

Postby ReedusChick21 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:12 pm

I loved Time for a Wedding but Becky drives me insane. I know however she is just for fun and we're all not like her she just drives me nuts because she is super annoying but I liked that episode because Jensen and Jared's facial expressions though out the whole episode cracked me up and Jensen looked very fine in the sweater vest Dean was wearing. :wub:
ReedusChick21
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:18 pm

Oh God, you have got to be kidding...the SWEATER VEST?! That was one of many completely nauseating details in that episode. And SO not freakin' Dean! :P

Sorry, but I"m tired of everyone writing off the problems with that episode as people being "insulted" by Becky. I can't speak for anyone else but for myself, that's the LEAST of the issues with that episode. Yes, Becky is a completely annoying character but NOT because she hits too close to home. I actually get the writers poking fun at the more over the top fans and I think that's funny and was perfectly handled in earlier episodes, specifically the one with the fan convention. I just think bringing her back in this episode and making her the focus of it was a little too much and it defeated the purpose.

It made it so hard to watch the rest of it that I didn't even get much enjoyment out of Jared and Jensen's acting, a really quality guest star in DJ Qualls was almost completely overlooked, and the credibility of the show as a whole came very close to taking a hit. They do NOT have to be that desperate to get a laugh.

The only part of that episode that was truly SPN worthy and saved it from completely going down the crapper was the appearance of Crowley at the end and his whole interaction with Sam and Dean. When you're cheering on the King of Hell, you know things are bad.

No offense, but it really irks me when people write off the negative reaction to this episode as fans being inusulted. Ironically, THAT I find a lot more insulting because it assumes that we are so shallow minded that that's all we get out of the show, and that's simply not true. Are there some over the top fans who probably didn't like having a mirror held up to them via Becky? Sure. Is that true of everyone who hated that miserable crapfest of an episode? Sorry, but HELL NO!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Bec666 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:57 am

I wasn't bothered by Becky and I certainly didn't take her part in the show as a reflection of Cyberfans. I just found the entire episode, dumb and boring.. oh yes and nauseating. Sam acted like a complete dweeb and Dean well he was so not Dean. And the sweater vest....... :scared:

Had to be the worst episode they've ever done
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural Spoilers