Episode 11 synopsis is up

Spoiler discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Episode 11 synopsis is up

Postby magoghair on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:02 am

I think Bobby loves Both Boys as well. I felt like the last episode was proof how much he loves BOTH of them. The writers having Bobby tell Dean in the truth episode in S6 that he was his favorite,is always going to be used against him,I'm afraid. :cry:

But even if that was the case,that doesnt mean he loves dean MORE...just that he connects with him on a closer level. I mean Dean see's Bobby as more of a father figure,then Sam does,but that doesnt mean that Sam loves Bobby any less then dean. He just doesnt connect with Bobby in the father/son vibe like dean. He'll still be just as sad and devastated,because he loved and cared for him,just in a different way.
"When have we ever done normal?!"
magoghair
Extra

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby percysowner on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:05 am

CLDeangrl wrote:Ok...

A. Bobby likes Dean better? Sorry, not buying that at all. He loves both boys, period. As any parent can tell you, there are no favorites. I certainly haven't noticed any with Bobby. Ok, so there was the whole Soulless Sam trying to kill him thing, but I think he pretty much got over that...hell, quicker than Dean did, truth be known. So sorry, but for me that doesn't fly one bit.

Unfortunately Bobby said he liked Dean better when Dean was under the everybody tells the truth spell and he didn't qualify it by saying it only happened since Sam came back. I'm also going by the fact that Bobby's memory of when the boys were young kids only included Dean. I do understand. Dean was with John more and he probably was in contact with Bobby when Sam went to Stanford. I don't think he LOVED one more than the other, but he may have liked Dean more. It happens.
percysowner
Viewer

Postby Pigeon666 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:11 am

I myself think that its totally possible for Bobby to like Dean better - but keep in mind, that's when Sam was Soulless and Dean was much more interactive. And he loves both Boys as his own.

That was a sloppy decision in my opinion, it was bound to spark this kind of stuff. Although most of that sequence was very funny.
"Some people are like slinkies: completely useless, but put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs."
"Do these tacos taste funny to you?" - Dean Winchester

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
Pigeon666
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:45 am

Agreed, Pige, that was VERY sloppy and very unfair on the writers part. You NEVER make a parent choose...NEVER. I don't care if you are under a truth spell!

The fact that it was only Dean with Bobby in the flashback could have been a factor of their age. Dean looked to be about 9, which would've made Sam 5, a little young for tossing a ball around. And again, every parent has one on one time with each child, or should...doesn't mean they like one better.

Unfortunately, that will always be read into Bobby's relationship with the boys thanks to that one stupid comment, but I think the last episode shows exactly how Bobby feels..."It just so happens I adopted TWO boys and THEY turned out great...THEY'RE heros!" There was no playing favorites in that scene, nor the last one..."Idgits". Screw the truth serum, we know how he really feels. ;)
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby magoghair on Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:56 am

:cry: OMG that part really made me tear up....I think I cried the whole entire episode....because yeah it showed JUST how much Bobby loved BOTH boys...and what he REALLY thought about BOTH boys.

It made me sad that the boys didnt get to hear that....they really should have heard that. :cry:
magoghair
Extra

Postby Geordiegirl1967 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:14 am

Maybe Bobby gets taken over by a Leviathan. That would certainly leave them reeling, while keeping hope alive that Bobby could eventually survive? Imagine the drama of bobby dying, the boys grieving at his bedside, then he sits up, eats one of the nurses, and walks out! :O

Bobby loves BOTH boys. They are his adopted sons. Parents dont have faves. I choose to believe that what he said under the truth spell ONLY applied at that point in time, comparing soulless Sam and Dean. Cause he also said Sam was a better hunter. True of soulless Sam more than the real Sam?
Geordiegirl1967
Viewer

Postby Bec666 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:19 pm

Agreed, Bobby loves them both. I hate when people try to make one brother favored over the other.

And no Bobby is NOT dead. I refuse to believe that :)
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby magoghair on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:11 pm

Geordiegirl1967 wrote:Maybe Bobby gets taken over by a Leviathan. That would certainly leave them reeling, while keeping hope alive that Bobby could eventually survive? Imagine the drama of bobby dying, the boys grieving at his bedside, then he sits up, eats one of the nurses, and walks out! :O

Bobby loves BOTH boys. They are his adopted sons. Parents dont have faves. I choose to believe that what he said under the truth spell ONLY applied at that point in time, comparing soulless Sam and Dean. Cause he also said Sam was a better hunter. True of soulless Sam more than the real Sam?

:scared: oh no!! That would be scary....you could be right about what he said during the truth spell as only applying to that point in time. I mean soulless sam didnt really keep in touch all that much with Bobby. He mainly stayed with grandpa campbell,and Dean was maybe living the life Bobby dreamed of one day being able to,with wife and kid. I dunno why the writers had to have Bobby say that....because I know he loved both sam and dean...you just cant take any of that away. well they could ,but I wouldnt believe it EVER.
magoghair
Extra

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:38 pm

I can understand Bobby having Dean as his favourite "nephew". I think he saw the load John put on him more than he did on Sam (Sam was often not with them on hunts, and was for the first years too young to understand much of anything, Dean would have been heartbroken over losing his mother).

That being said I think it's a non-issue, he's crazy about his two hero kids, and they are crazy about him too.

As for Dean, I doubt he's suicidal, he wants to kill Dick Roman, or make him suffer. As long as he is around Dean has better things to do than die before time.

I'm not sure on what to think of them being seperate. It depends on how they seperate - if it's arguing, then bleh no more cell phone arguing please! :rofl:
I can easily picture Dean wanting to follow this trail, and Sam coming across a case and telling Dean he has it covered alone, and for Dean to do his thing. In which case I'm fine with it.
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Glad you're fine with it but I'm not. I am sick to death of them going in opposite directions and I don't see what purpose it serves at all.

Sooner or later...probably sooner...Sam's hellucination issue is going to have to be addressed and that is something they NEED to do together.

The whole premise of the show was the "you and me against the world" scenario with the two brothers...TWO, as in both of them...so it really bugs the crap out of me when they are continually split up. Enough already, Sera!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Pigeon666 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:20 pm

I dont think theyll actually have a split up scene. I think hat there will be two seperate cases in the one town, and one brother must take one case. perhaps one relates to the Leviathans.
"Some people are like slinkies: completely useless, but put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs."
"Do these tacos taste funny to you?" - Dean Winchester

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
Pigeon666
Show Expert

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:25 pm

CLDeangrl wrote:Glad you're fine with it but I'm not. I am sick to death of them going in opposite directions and I don't see what purpose it serves at all.

Sooner or later...probably sooner...Sam's hellucination issue is going to have to be addressed and that is something they NEED to do together.

The whole premise of the show was the "you and me against the world" scenario with the two brothers...TWO, as in both of them...so it really bugs the crap out of me when they are continually split up. Enough already, Sera!

As Pig notes below, it could be a question of splitting up for practical reasons.

I can see the logic, if this is indeed the move from Deans arc to Sams hell memories flooding over, splitting them up and making the episode mostly focussed on Sam, would be one way to visually prep us for this new heading. I do not think they'll be split up for more than this one episode. Plus it covers more ground, story wise, I prefer that to rushed endings or halfarsed exposition later on.

I agree 100% with you though, the show truly shines when it's the 2 against the world, and the brotherly bond is highlighted.
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer

Postby ReedusChick21 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Yes the playing baseball memory had just Dean but look at the age Dean was there I am assuming he was either 8 or 9 from the looks of him which would make Sam 4 or 5 and remember Bobby was supposed to be taking Dean to practice shooting because John asked Bobby to take him and again the age John wouldn't have a 4 or 5 year Sam going to practice shooting, John's a sucky parent but even he wouldn't make a 4 or 5 year go play target practice so that's why that memory just had Dean I think because the whole point was supposed to be take Dean shooting but Bobby just let the kid have some fun instead and let him be a kid so that doesn't mean he liked Dean best.

What I got from that memory was Dean was well into his training all ready by that age (I often wish we could learn just what age that all started) and Bobby knew this and just wanted the give the little guy a few hours doing things normal kids do.

There is a reason Bobby shoved a gun in John's face and I have a pretty good idea what it is, he got sick of watching John treat the boys like soldiers and not like kids.

Besides Bobby said "They're my boys." He may have a more father/son connection with Dean but that doesn't mean he feels anything less for Sam they just have a different type of relationship.
ReedusChick21
Viewer

Postby Geordiegirl1967 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:08 am

CLDeangrl wrote:Glad you're fine with it but I'm not. I am sick to death of them going in opposite directions and I don't see what purpose it serves at all.

Totally agree CLD. For me it isn't about whether there is a 'good reason'. I just don't enjoy eps where they are separated. I watch for the bond between the brothers, and the writers have gone from showing us that in every scene in every ep in the earlier seasons, to requiring fans of the brotherly scenes to have the patience of saints. They provide tiny oases of what we want (eg the 'stone no 1 scene in HCW) in a desert of angst, secrets, problems between them, eps where they are separated. It does get wearing. Come on Sera. You are missing opportunities here. Sam needs Dean's support with his hellucinations. Dean needs Sam's support with his depression. They could be sharing their hell experiences, grieving together for Bobby. Instead we just get teased. Frustrating!

Don't want to sound negative though, as I am loving s7. I just want the brothers bond a bit more front and centre.
Geordiegirl1967
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:15 am

I hear you, Geordie...exactly how I feel. I know there are sometimes logical reasons for them to be apart while working on cases, etc., but that doesn't mean I have to like it. And when they are apart because they are fighting, I absolutely, ABSOLUTELY hate it. I hated it the very first time it happened way back in Scarecrow and that was mild compared to everything that's happened between them since.

I realize they aren't going to get along perfectly all the time...I have four siblings myself, 'nuff said...but dammit, it's that bond that makes the show and I'm tired of the writers doing everything in their power to get away from it.

It just feels like the guys have done everything they've had to do over 6 plus seasons...as Dean put it, how many times are they supposed to stop the bus from going over the cliff?...and what's their reward? More crap! Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the ending of Season 5 and I totally understand why Kripke did it the way he did but I was kind of hoping the boys would somehow get a pat on the back, a Miller time moment, five seconds of "great job!" before they had to deal with the next round of crap.

Now it's been one heap of crap on top of another for 6 1/2 seasons and it's just getting old. Like you, I love the show and I'm enjoying this season but it's getting more than a little frustrating. The boys deserve better and so do the fans!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural Spoilers