[Official] The Walking Dead S2 - Spoilers and Speculation

Spoiler discussion of television shows (non listed).

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [Official] The Walking Dead S2 - Spoilers and Speculatio

Postby PandaVamp on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:36 am

isabelle wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:But one thing I'm not getting is why would Herschel keep zombies confined. Wouldn't it be better to get rid of them as in kill them? I have never read the comics, though, so I don't know.

I haven't read the comics either but I think I read somewhere (from someone who has) that the zombies he is keeping are those members of his family who got infected and turned, and he believes that a cure will be found one day so I guess he is keeping them locked up for their own safety... At least I think this is what happened in the comics, hopefully it the case for the show too cos I think it will be very interesting. Especially if Rick/Shane/Daryl kill one of them without realizing.

Wow, that is so interesting... I hope they play it the same way. Aww, poor Herschel, I don't think there will be a cure for those who have already been infected, but I totally empathize with him. :(

Thanks, Isabelle. :thumbsup:

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby supermodel on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:48 am

I haven't read all the comics but I have read this part. In the book Herschel has some more kids in addition to Maggie, and his son has become a zombie. So Herschel is keeping him and maybe a dozen other friends and family in the barn in the hope that they can someday be cured. There could be some random strangeer zombies in there too, I can't remember, but Herschel is really hopeful that it can be reversed. Rick finds out and of course thinks he's nuts because they are not sick, they are DEAD and rotting, duh. You can't just grow back your organs.

I won't tell you what happens next unless you ask... ;)

So did we all watch the promo? Looks like the awful "where's Sophia" storyline sort of has a point, it's about getting Daryl out in the woods by himself so he can fall down the hill, get impaled and almost die and then Merle can save him. It's so lame. As I asked in the other thread, couldn't she just have walked away from the farm for a few hours and Daryl would go looking for her? Or couldn't he just have gone hunting? Aren't there ten million reasons Daryl would be in the woods alone that don't have to involve Sophia?
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:57 pm

id say we have a 100% chance that the sofia plotline will have a resolution in sundays episode...and then we go right into a 2 or 4 week break...

dunno why so many people found that plot to be annoying...its pretty realistic if you think about it...shane called it...in the world before, if a kid was missing for 48 hours, you start looking for a body...and add into that, the presence of the walkers, you'd have to ask why havent they found her already??

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
well, maybe she's in the barn...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby LONGLIVESHANE on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:45 am

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
There is some rumors going around that Rutina Wesley (True Blood's Tara) will be joining the cast of The Walking Dead as Michonne. Which I personally think is a fabulous idea. She is tough and definitely looks like her comic book character. She's also a really great actress. I loved the storyline between her and Franklin. Anyways, I am looking forward to see if this is true.

Also, I hear that one of the main characters is leaving the show as well... Carol. It kinda makes sense that it's her cause in the comics, she kills herself because Lori and Rick won't join her in a married 3some. Which is silly, so by turning sophia into a walker, this gives Carol a "real reason" to off herself.

However, I would take these rumors with a grain of salt.

LONGLIVESHANE!! :)
"Got bit. Fever hit. World gone to sh*t. Might as well quit." ~ Anonymous Zombie
LONGLIVESHANE
Viewer

Postby DarkUFO on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:49 am

DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby brentoid on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:34 pm

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33240

oooh...

good casting ? what do you think fellow spoiler junkies ?
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Wed May 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Are gonna do a S3 thread?

AMC has released a S3 behind-the-scenes-on-the-set video.
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/cast-on-the-set-of-season-3-inside-the-walking-dead
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Fri May 25, 2012 3:07 pm

Awesome sneak peek...I was needing a Daryl fix! :D

Looks like they're going to start off with a bang...everyone was covered with blood already. Man, it's going to be a long wait till Fall!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby supermodel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Breaking news from EW.com. Please let it be Tyreese, please let it be Tyreese....

Walking Dead
Nov 15 2012 02:44 PM ET

'The Walking Dead' to introduce another popular character from the comic. Is it Tyreese? -- EXCLUSIVE
by Dalton Ross

Season 3 of The Walking Dead has added some of the most iconic characters from the comic book on which the show is based. We’ve been treated to Michonne (and her pets), the Governor, zombie Penny, and even a female version of Doc Stevens. But according to Robert Kirkman, who is the creator of the comic and exec producer of the TV adaptation, we’re about to see another big name character make the leap from page to screen, and it’s going to happen very soon — in the fall finale on Dec. 2, to be specific. “There’s a new character added,” says Kirkman of episode 8. “A big deal fan favorite from the comic book is introduced into the show in this episode, so be on the lookout for that.”

Could it be Tyreese (pictured above), a former NFL linebacker who was introduced in issue #7 of the comic and endured a rocky relationship with Rick (and romantic relationships with Carol and Michonne) while serving as Grimes’ right hand man of sorts. “I don’t know, man!” says Kirkman. “I don’t know. I got no clue!” While Kirkman is playing coy, rumors have swirled that actor Chad Coleman (best known from The Wire and I Hate My Teenage Daughter) has been spotted in the Atlanta area where the show films and could be playing the comic book fave. Whomever it is — be it Tyreese, or another character entirely, like, say, friendly scout Aaron or Fu Manchu mustache rocking Abraham — he (or she) will be appearing on Dec. 2. How long that person manages to stay alive, however, is anyone’s guess.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:00 am

‘The Walking Dead’ Gets A New Showrunner

AMC’s The Walking Dead has appointed a new showrunner for season 4 following the departure of Glen Mazzara. According to TV Guide, producer Scott Gimple will now be calling the shots. Gimple joined the hit zombie series back in season 2, working his way up the ladder to work side by side with Mazzara who took over for Frank Darabont after he made his exit.

As fans are aware, Gimple is now the third new show runner for the sci-fi series. Mazzara announced his decision to leave months back, citing creative differences. “Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward and conclude that it is best to part ways,” AMC shared in a statement previously. “This decision is amicable, and Glen will remain on for postproduction on season 3B as showrunner and executive producer.”

Scott Gimple has previously worked on the TV series ‘Flash Forward’, ‘Life’, and ‘Chase’. ‘The Walking Dead’ will return with all new episode in the second half of season 3 on Sunday, February 10 at 9/8c.

Tell us what you think Dead fans? Will the series remain the same under the direction of its latest showrunner, Scott Gimple? Leave your comments below.

source: http://www.tvequals.com/2013/01/17/the- ... howrunner/
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Laurie Holden Talks to TV Guide; Variety on The Walking Dead vs. Downton Abbey

This week, Laurie Holden talks to TV Guide about what to expect from Andrea when The Walking Dead resumes next month, while Variety points out how similar the drama is to PBS's Downton Abbey. Plus, Entertainment Weekly previews the newest collection of Minimates action figures. Read on for more:

• Laurie Holden tells TV Guide that Andrea won't sit idly by while Daryl's in trouble: "Once she realizes her friends are in jeopardy, and that any harm has come to anybody that she cares for, she's going to take action."

• Variety argues there are vast similarities between The Walking Dead and PBS' Downton Abbey, from the "enviable" ratings to the plotlines.

• Entertainment Weekly highlights the newest set of The Walking Dead Minimates action figures, featuring Rick, Tyreese, and Hershel, among others.

• The New York Observer cites The Walking Dead as an example of TV shows that feature antiheroes yet enjoy blockbuster ratings.

• WebProNews reports on the recent launch of The Walking Dead's "Dead Yourself" app -- which is ranked No. 7 on the iTunes list of the top free entertainment apps.

• According to Inside Facebook, The Walking Dead Social Game was the No. 2 People Talking About This (PTAT) gainer for app pages on Facebook this week.

• The Winnipeg Free Press examines why zombies -- popularized by The Walking Dead -- are so fascinating and why they "speak to so many of us, especially at the moment."

• TheWrap reports that the Writers Guild of America has nominated AMCtv.com's The Walking Dead: Cold Storage webisodes (written by John Esposito) for an award in the Outstanding Achievement in Writing Derivative New Media category.

• Norman Reedus is set to lend his voice to the character of The Punisher in a Marvel animated feature (to be released this spring) called Iron Man: Rise of Technovore, reports ComicBook.com.

• Courtesy of Shock Till You Drop, check out a behind-the-scenes photo of Chandler Riggs on the set of his new movie, Mercy, an adaptation of a Stephen King short story.

• MediaPost covers a publicity campaign for The Walking Dead's debut on France's NT1.

• CBS Atlanta reports that Senoia, the home of Woodbury's town hall, will have trolley tours of the city up and running this spring.

• The Casper (Wyo.) Journal reports that two fans of The Walking Dead will offer a course called "Zombies" as part of Casper College's continuing education department.

• To stay up-to-date on all the latest news about The Walking Dead, sign up for the weekly Dead Alert newsletter.

source: http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead ... 011813.php
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby perlnoir on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:44 am

David Morrissey Visits David Letterman; E! Previews Rick vs. the Governor

This week, David Morrissey visits David Letterman, while E! News previews the confrontation between Rick and the Governor. Plus, Gale Anne Hurd talks to Forbes about going green on the set. Read on for more:

• David Morrissey visits The Late Show (go to the 32:10 mark) to talk about "the zombie show" with David Letterman, noting that his 17-year-old son now thinks he's cool because of The Walking Dead.

• E! News takes a quick look at the upcoming showdown between Rick and the Governor -- "the battle fans have been waiting for."

• Forbes interviews Gale Anne Hurd about being environmentally-friendly in Hollywood, including on the set of The Walking Dead.

• The Chicago Tribune talks travel with Laurie Holden, who says that Africa is a her favorite travel destination.

• David Morrissey speaks with South Africa's The Star Tonight about the Governor, whom he characterizes as a "sort of mixture of ruthlessness and caring. I think it's that dichotomy in him that is interesting."

• Laurie Holden has been using her Twitter account to defend Andrea's actions to The Walking Dead's fans, according to Wetpaint.

• Glen Mazzara offers fans a look at artwork for sets such as the prison, Woodbury and the Governor's living quarters, reports TheWrap.

• Check out Newsday for its take on why zombies are so popular. Gale Anne Hurd thinks it's because of our "zeitgeist of a world in which most of us feel we're dancing on the edge of the abyss."

• The Walking Dead, which "brings the zombie subgenre back to life," is No. 3 on HorrorMovies.ca's list of the top 10 horror television shows.

• The Los Angeles Times features the new trailer for Season 3, Episode 9, "The Suicide King." So do Deadline, Entertainment Weekly, The Hollywood Reporter and TVLine.

• The New Zealand Herald and Zimbio like AMC's "Dead Yourself" app, with the latter calling it "serious fun."

• CBS and The Huffington Post report that the cover of the Georgia Travel Guide, the state's new tourism guide, depicts Senoia, where The Walking Dead is partially shot.

• Screen Crush highlights the cosplay of two The Walking Dead fans, who displayed a "cool take" on Michonne and one of her zombie slaves at Comic-Con last year.

• Go to The Huffington Post to read Sarah Wayne Callies' account of her upcoming trip to Jordan and Iraq with the International Rescue Committee.

• Screen Crush reports on Nick Gomez's (Tomas) Twitter announcement that he's been cast in a recurring role on Showtime's Dexter.

• Zap2it speaks with Emma Bell about her role on TNT's Dallas and working with Judith Light.

• To stay up-to-date on all the latest news about The Walking Dead, sign up for the weekly Dead Alert newsletter.

source: http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead ... 020213.php
perlnoir
Show Expert

Postby DarkUFO on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:20 pm

Thanks for the links :)
DarkUFO
Administrator

Previous

Return to Other Shows Spoilers