[Official] The Walking Dead S2 - Spoilers and Speculation

Spoiler discussion of television shows (non listed).

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [Official] The Walking Dead S2 - Spoilers and Speculatio

Postby supermodel on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Kirkman talks about that to AMC, how Shane was written out of the books early and what that means for storylines going forward.
supermodel
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby brentoid on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:14 pm

supermodel wrote:Kirkman talks about that to AMC, how Shane was written out of the books early and what that means for storylines going forward.

aye, its really interesting how shane still being around will affect the other story lines...i prefer that they arent holding the comic up as some unchangeable bible to follow...the shows better for it...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby b3rt4 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:37 pm

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby gracie lou on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Here is the S2 trailer that aired at ComicCon, if you guys haven't seen it yet. It is great and has me all stoked for October 16th!!!

On that same page is a little video with Steven Yeun that was filmed on one of the S2 sets - I think I was there the evening he filmed that. I saw him walking in, and noticed that he was all clean and looked as if he wasn't working, but it didn't dawn on me that he was wearing one of his "Glenn" shirts, until I saw the video. :P I didn't get to talk to Steven, but I did meet Laurie Holden (Andrea), Melissa McBride (Carol), Jon Bernthal (Shane) and Norman Reedus (Daryl). If you want to hear a bit about what I saw (I decided not to share any specific spoilers that I learned), you can listen to The Walking Dead 'Cast Ep. 35 - my letters are in the "listeners moans, groans, and grunts section at the end. There are a couple of minor spoilers, but nothing big...

I also hear that they are supposed to be filming on another 'open' set tomorrow, so I am going to go check it out. Wish me luck. :)
gracie lou
Viewer

Postby brentoid on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:34 pm

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31603

frank darabont is no longer the show runner !! :O
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:26 pm

brentoid wrote:http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31603

frank darabont is no longer the show runner !! :O

I can't believe it... Was just reading a note about Breaking Bad having issues with AMC and found a link to Darabont's news. :O
I mean, he was part of the Comic-Con panel. He's THE talent behind the series... WTH is wrong with AMC?! Why do they let him go when The Walking Dead is the best and most popular series they have had so far? :mad:

The worst part is that Mad Men's expensive 60's lifestyle and their executive producer's freaking big raise might be the cause. :cursing:

If you're mad Frank Darabont left The Walking Dead, blame Mad Men

They might get the stupid Emmys, but The Walking Dead gets the numbers!

:no:

EDIT: And AMC's President trying to deny the obvious is useless, imho. http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/08/amc-pr ... order.html

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby supermodel on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:06 pm

Well that is disturbing news. I guess for now I just have to trust AMC, they have proven they know how to produce great TV.

I decided to read the comics, since the TV show has already made so many changes, I don't think knowing the original story will spoil my enjoyment of the TV show. So I bought the first two volumes of collected comics. Haven't had time to read them as I am on an extended business trip in a remote area, but I will check them out soon. It was my first time inside a comic book shop, I was scared to go in but nobody scoffed at me!
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:02 pm

supermodel wrote:Well that is disturbing news. I guess for now I just have to trust AMC, they have proven they know how to produce great TV.

I decided to read the comics, since the TV show has already made so many changes, I don't think knowing the original story will spoil my enjoyment of the TV show. So I bought the first two volumes of collected comics. Haven't had time to read them as I am on an extended business trip in a remote area, but I will check them out soon. It was my first time inside a comic book shop, I was scared to go in but nobody scoffed at me!

the comic are awesome !! and its nice to see the characters before they get actors cast & everything...
only 2 days to go !!! w00t !!!

have you got around to reading them yet supermodel?
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:40 pm

I've just read the first two collections, which took me up through the group's departure from Herschel's farm. The most disturbing thing in these books so far is the thought of
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Dale and Andrea sleeping together
and I am really glad they have not pursued that with the TV characters.

Has anyone watched AMC's Talking Dead? It is pretty silly but made bearable by the presence of Robert Kirkman. Did anyone see the "excusive clip" they showed at the end of this week's show? That is so spoileriffic that it has to be a red herring. I'm guessing exactly the opposite happens.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:33 am

supermodel wrote:I've just read the first two collections, which took me up through the group's departure from Herschel's farm. The most disturbing thing in these books so far is the thought of

:eek: OMG, me too... for sure I hope that doesn't ever happen. :unsure:

supermodel wrote:Has anyone watched AMC's Talking Dead? It is pretty silly but made bearable by the presence of Robert Kirkman. Did anyone see the "excusive clip" they showed at the end of this week's show? That is so spoileriffic that it has to be a red herring. I'm guessing exactly the opposite happens.

Nope, I haven't/can't... what's the clip about?

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Dreyesbo on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:03 am

PandaVamp wrote:
supermodel wrote:I've just read the first two collections, which took me up through the group's departure from Herschel's farm. The most disturbing thing in these books so far is the thought of

:eek: OMG, me too... for sure I hope that doesn't ever happen. :unsure:

Really, that's the most disturbing thing from the comic? I can think of adozen others :P But I see your point. Although I would argue that the dynamic in the comics is different from the one shown now on screen.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby supermodel on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:21 pm

PandaVamp asked
what's the clip about?

The clip on Talking Dead showed
Carl dying. He is lying in bed awake and talking to his parents, but he is weak. And he is telling Lori how amazing the deer was, and then his eyes roll up into his head and he gasps and closes his eyes and stops breathing. Lori starts freaking out and they stop the clip.

The host actually said something like "Holy cow, what was that?" Rarely do you see a promo clip showing a total OMG spoiler, so you know
probably Herschel resuscitates him immediately and he lives. Kind of like Lost, how many times did we see a promo that said someone would die, and in the end it was a redshirt?

In the comic
Carl is shot by Otis in a hunting accident and survives.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:48 am

Did you guys see the clip with the zombie down the well, and Glenn is going down there for some reason? I'm guessing they need to get it out before the rotting flesh contaminates Herschel's unlimited supply of hot water.

I did consider for a second that maybe Herschel
is not keeping zombies in the barn, he has them down a well

but that might be the stupidest thought I've ever had. And also I got some promo pics from AMC that show
Rick opening a barn door
so we know where that is going.

What's up with all the electricty and running water anyway? I suppose he might have a huge generator but where is he getting fuel after all these months?

BTW, what are the rules on tagging in this thread? I feel like I am overdoing it, over at Fringe we don't generally tag spoilers in the spoiler thread. But everyone seems to do it here. Are show-only spoilers fair game, but the comic is off limits?
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:19 am

supermodel wrote:BTW, what are the rules on tagging in this thread? I feel like I am overdoing it, over at Fringe we don't generally tag spoilers in the spoiler thread. But everyone seems to do it here. Are show-only spoilers fair game, but the comic is off limits?

Was just going to tell you to not worry about the spoiler tags. :) In the spoiler thread you can talk freely. Only something you consider too big (a complete episode synopsis, for example, or a major death) could use the tags. Not mandatory, of course, but nice to others who want to read spoilers but not know something so big.

supermodel wrote:What's up with all the electricty and running water anyway? I suppose he might have a huge generator but where is he getting fuel after all these months?

I know, right? Bread, orange juice, hot water, electricity... it makes you think. :hmm:

But one thing I'm not getting is why would Herschel keep zombies confined. Wouldn't it be better to get rid of them as in kill them? I have never read the comics, though, so I don't know.

Btw, thanks for the answers to my other post. :thumbup:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby isabelle on Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:21 pm

PandaVamp wrote:But one thing I'm not getting is why would Herschel keep zombies confined. Wouldn't it be better to get rid of them as in kill them? I have never read the comics, though, so I don't know.

I haven't read the comics either but I think I read somewhere (from someone who has) that the zombies he is keeping are those members of his family who got infected and turned, and he believes that a cure will be found one day so I guess he is keeping them locked up for their own safety... At least I think this is what happened in the comics, hopefully it the case for the show too cos I think it will be very interesting. Especially if Rick/Shane/Daryl kill one of them without realizing.
isabelle
Emmy Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Spoilers