[Official] Person of Interest- S1- Spoilers and Speculation

Spoiler discussion of television shows (non listed).

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

[Official] Person of Interest- S1- Spoilers and Speculation

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:49 pm

Produced by J.J. Abrams with Bad Robot Productions (Alias, Lost, Fringe) and written by Jonas Nolan, (Momento, the Dark Knight) comes a not so typical crime drama airing on CBS in the fall.

General Plot:
According to Entertainment Weekly , CBS has given the greenlight for "Person of Interest," a one hour crime drama created by Abrams and screenwriter Jonathan Nolan. The premise for the pilot reportedly follows an ex-CIA hitman who is recruited by a mysterious billionaire to team up with a scientist to stop crimes before they happen.

Casting News: Michael Emerson takes a lead Role!

Lost alum Michael Emerson is set as a lead in Jonah Nolan’s CBS pilot Person Of Interest, which is being executive-produced by Lost co-creator J.J. Abrams.

The project, directed by Heroes‘ David Semel, is a crime drama centered on an ex-CIA agent, presumed dead, who teams up with a mysterious billionaire (Emerson) to prevent violent crimes in New York City.

Source: TV Line

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/02/person ... z1EEf0DkC8

Little is known about the focus of the program at this point, but it is said to center on a billionaire who works to stop violent crime along with an ex-CIA agent. Emerson will play the crusading billionaire, while the CIA agent is yet to be cast. Nolan wrote the treatment for the show and will serve as executive producer along with Abrams and his partner Bad Robot partner Bryan Burk.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Lost_Star ... st/7763055

Taraji P. Henson and James Caviezel Join Cast!

James Caviezel (last seen on AMC's "The Prisoner") will play a presumed-dead former CIA agent who works for a billionaire (the previously cast Michael Emerson) as a one-man police force, and Taraji P. Henson ("Boston Legal," "The Karate Kid") will play a detective who gets tied up in their crusade...
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... erest.html

New Cast Member (according to IMDb):
This is an interesting one...So if any of you guys are FRINGE fans, do you remember the character Tess? She seemed like she might have been Peter's ex girlfriend, who was currently in an abusive relationship with a guy named Michael Kelly, who were both part of some syndicate. Peter attempts to take care of the guy by rough housing him a bit at the end of the episode titled, "The Dreamscape"? Well the actress, Susan Minser, is cast in POI, but her character's name is even better...Jessica Nichols! (The character Astrid on FRINGE is played by actress Jasika Nichole!)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0592874/

Natalie Zea Joins Cast and a Little More Plot Detail!!!

CBS is soon to premier a brand new pilot from J.J. Abrams and because it is J.J., we’ve been following developments with extra gusto! One Lost alumnus has already been attached to the show, which will follow a former spook who is commissioned by a mysterious wealthy benefactor to become somewhat of a vigilante. I was delighted to report that actor Jim Caviezel had won the leading role for the pilot, titled Person of Interest. Jim will play Reese, star as Reese, the “paramilitary officer for the CIA thought to be dead” who begins a crusade against “violent crime” in New York City.

Today we bring word from TV Guide, that Justified actress Natalie Zea has joined the cast and will bring to life “a district attorney whose investigation of a particularly troubling homicide may cost her life.” Is any of this starting to sound familiar to you? If you don’t think of Batman while hearing notes on this upcoming project, then you must not know The Bat at all. http://www.bscreview.com/2011/03/justifieds-natalie-zea-a-person-of-interest-of-j-j-abrams/
Last edited by DarthLocke on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Person of Interest- S1- Spoilers and Speculat

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:22 am

Just letting everyone know we have casting news! See above! :)

I have to post this in honor of Mr. Christ joining the cast...

Pay attention at the 1:30 mark :lol: O.o

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Casting Call for EXTRAS!
Street Performers-March 23 Person of Interest
Background / Male or Female / All Ethnicities / 18 - 199 /
looking for those who can portray street performers for park scene. think: Mimes, dancers, musicians etc. You must list your talent.

Source: SpoilerTV

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/person ... z1FvQhilgQ

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:36 am

Filming Yesterday (Tuesday) and Monday on Lower East Side (NYC):
http://www.boweryboogie.com/2011/03/person-of-interest-filming-on-the-lower-east-side-today/

Some Video Footage From Yesterday's Filming:
http://www.boweryboogie.com/2011/03/person-of-interest-chases-down-stanton-video/

IMDb-- Names of Characters and 2 More Actors Listed:

James Caviezel -- Reese
Taraji P. Henderson -- Carter
Michael Emerson -- Finch
Kevin Chapan -Dec. Fusco
Brian d'Arcy James --Ass. DA Miller

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:39 am

IMDb Showing 2 More Actors Cast...
Jermaine Crawford - Michael Pope
Emilio Delgado - Detective Pedilla

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:00 am

New Cast Member (according to IMDb):
This is an interesting one...So if any of you guys are FRINGE fans, do you remember the character Tess? She seemed like she might have been Peter's ex girlfriend, who was currently in an abusive relationship with a guy named Michael Kelly, who were both part of some syndicate. Peter attempts to take care of the guy by rough housing him a bit at the end of the episode titled, "The Dreamscape"? Well the actress, Susan Minser, is cast in POI, but her character's name is even better...Jessica Nichols! (The character Astrid on FRINGE is played by actress Jasika Nichole!)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0592874/

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:50 am

Natalie Zea Joins Cast!...This makes me suspicious that MIDb might be wrong about Susan Misner, but for now I will leave it until further notice.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:39 pm

A couple more names appear on IMDb:

Gregory Lay -- Transit Cop
Gina Herendez --Pedestrian
Raymond Mamrak--unkown

A paramilitary is a force whose function and organization are similar to those of a professional military force, but which is not considered part of a nation's formal military forces.[1]
The term paramilitary is subjective, depending on what is considered similar to a military force, and what status a force is considered to have. The nature of paramilitary forces therefore varies greatly according to the speaker and the context.

Some national intelligence services units that are composed of civilian agents tasked with covert action in areas that are difficult or sometimes illegal for military forces to operate, such as the Special Activities Division of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or the Hostage Rescue Team of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

So like the original description given, we can say he was apart of something black ops. :)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:17 am

So once again looking at MIDb, and they have James Hanlon listed as "rumored" to play a guy named Detective Stills...I was looking at his filmography and he played a character named Agent Jessup in "Weeds"...in FRINGE Meghan Markle also plays an Agent Jessup, which "Jessup" in FRINGE is a reference and homage to Bair Brown's, who plays Nina Sharp, character from cult sci-fi film, "Altered States"....just sort of interesting coincidence...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri May 13, 2011 10:46 pm

It's Official -CBS Picks Up Person of Intrest!
Person of Interest

Stars Jim Caviezel (The Passion of the Christ) as a presumed dead former CIA agent who teams with a mysterious billionaire (Michael Emerson, Lost) to prevent violent crimes in New York. Taraji P. Henson (Boston Legal) co-stars in the Warner Bros. TV drama from scribe Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knight), who produces alongside J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk (Fringe), Ben Brafman (The 4400), Margot Lulick (Kings) and Greg Plageman (Chase). Dave Semel (No Ordinary Family), who directs. This is Abrams' second series pick-up this week, with Alcatraz getting a series order at Fox on Tuesday. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cbs-orders-jj-abrams-person-188092

YAY! :lol:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed May 18, 2011 2:07 pm

Person of Interest - Fall Schedule!
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/18/cbs-fall-schedule-2/
Person of Interest takes CSI's former spot Thursdays at 9:00p.m. (Eastern)

Person of Interest - First Look!
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/cbs-pilots-upfront-trailers.html

It feels a little different from other Bad Robot works...it has the dark gritty edge that we have come to expect from the Nolan brothers...but I hope we get something a little more polished in couple months.

I saw a better version on Ugo (It made a BIG difference!):http://www.ugo.com/tv/cbs-person-of-interest-trailer

Also Here is the Official Press Release:
PERSON OF INTEREST stars Jim Caviezel, Emmy Award winner Michael Emerson and Academy Award nominee Taraji P. Henson in a crime thriller about a presumed dead former-CIA agent who teams up with a mysterious billionaire to prevent violent crimes by using their own brand of vigilante justice.

Reese's (Caviezel) special training in covert operations appeals to Finch (Emerson), a software genius who invented a program that uses pattern recognition to identify people about to be involved in violent crimes. Using state-of-the-art surveillance technology, the two work outside of the law using Reese's adept skills and Finch's unlimited wealth to unravel the mystery of the person of interest and stop the crime before it happens.

2 Official Promo Photos!
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/cbs-pilots-first-look-promotional.html

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Thu May 19, 2011 7:41 pm

I hope this isn't a televised version of Minority Report. It looks promising though.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Fri May 20, 2011 1:30 am

I'd be watching mainly to see Michael Emerson once again. I had to laugh how the main character, Reese, voice sounds like Batman in The Dark Knight. I'm more curious about the numbers and what Finch is doing than the crime stuff. :thumbup: I laughed when Emerson says "lost chances". :lol:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sat May 21, 2011 2:17 am

Sawyer5665 wrote:I hope this isn't a televised version of Minority Report. It looks promising though.

I think it has a simular premis, but the novel is better than the film, but I think it will be better simply because Nolan will know doubt provide some super plot twists and both Nolan and Abrams care deeply about their characters and it seems to be not overly futuristic, but very close to the technology that is out there, or on the verge of being out there...I think both the character's backgrounds offer an array of possibilities.

I am going to write a little speculative post in the next couple of days, because it just reminds me of so many things that I would like to just pump it all out of my brain and see if it ever has relavancy. :lol:

Jacobsmom wrote:I'd be watching mainly to see Michael Emerson once again. I had to laugh how the main character, Reese, voice sounds like Batman in The Dark Knight. I'm more curious about the numbers and what Finch is doing than the crime stuff. I laughed when Emerson says "lost chances

Yeah watching him gave me chills and made me smile simultamously! :w00t: I am sure there could be some parallels to Linus...

-- Merged Double Post --

Speculative:

Reading through some comments on the main site, our very own site frequenter, Rick Terry, came to make an interesting comparison to "Person of Interest" and "Minority Report". He continued to say that J.J. Abrams is also a Philip Dick fan (the man who wrote the novel "Minority Report") and since Dick's work seems to have been referenced twice in FRINGE (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep/Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep, and A Scanner Darkly/LSD), I can't deny the possible connection.

But on the same note, many novels and films have a 'Big Brother is Watching You' theme and plot, none more obvious than "1984", but also with films like, "V For Vendetta".

This brings us back to Jonah Nolan's influence, which the more obvious would be that characters Reese and Finch both seem to remind us of Bruce Wayne of DC comic series, "Batman", in which the Nolan bothers revived in films, "Batman Begins" and sequel, "The Dark Knight", and upcoming, "The Dark Knight Rises"...In one way or another I think everyone knows the sad dark story of billionaire, Bruce Wayne, who by day deals with the social political complexities of Gotham City, and at night puts on his mask and cape to take on Gotham City's most corrupt criminals...sometimes even people he feels for...

The Nolan brothers also have their 3 rather complicated mystery films with the likes of "Momento", "Inception", and "The Prestige"....Inception and Momento both deal with memory and/or dreams, but "The Prestige" offers the nature of duality and duplicates and a haunting line, "Are you watching closely?"....as one trick deals with a pair of birds, such as doves or FINCHES, in which originally, one will die and the other lives, -and did I mention that these birds then mirror two characters played by Christian Bale, whom is also Nolans' Batman and in both sanarios team up with Michael Cain??? All the works play on obsession, illusion, or dillusion and thus identity.

Then we have the J.J. Abrams/Bad Robot influence where each work seems to be a spinn-off of other works put together and shares the Nolan's capasity to explore identity. So obviously when we look back at Michael Emerson's performance and character, Benjamin Linus of LOST, we can't help to think of the former Dharma member turned outer-Island-Other-leader who was in a war with former Other leader, Charles Widmore, whom like Finch, hires a soldier to do some bidding for him, former Iraqi of The Republican Guard, Sayid Jarah.

Not to mention the wierd twist of fate in which Sayid becomes Ben's assasin, goes back in time and shoots another version of young Ben, whom is taken to the temple healed by Jacob and supposibly has no memory of the incident, and then Sayid gets shot by Ben's father, travels back to the time line they came from only to be taken to the temple and placed in the spring just like Ben, but who instead of loosing memory, looses his ability to feel for others.. In addition LOST's two criminal characters, James and Kate, who were formerly tortured by Ben, are the one's who save him and take him to Richard Alpert vis Juliet's knowledge...

This in particular sets us up for some head scratching, as we will surely wonder if Finch has good intentions, stopping crime and trying to give man his life back, or are we dealing with someone out of control who wants payback of sorts, or if the people he works for does?

Then to Reese. Even with his military background, fans will also probably be wondering what he was all apart of, and if any of those operations will appear as criminal acts to the viewers, will be involved in the crime scene, or why Reese has been presumed dead? How do we know that our 'Jesus' (Jim Caviziel was Gibson's Christ in "Passion of the Christ".) is a hero, or is being used to be made a fool?..... Even that full gray bearded Reese we see in the trailer is reminicant of how we meet Walter Bishop in the Pilot of "FRINGE", which also deals with war and soldiers (cortexifaners/shapeshifters/Kelvin Genetics)...let alone the complexities of the influence of William Bell and Walternate...

Of course the "black opps" part, and even the idea of stopping something before it happens (which really almost all Abrams works deal with this) surely and the computer science aspect (Marshell) reminds Abrams fans of Alias (APO/Prophet 5) as well.

Back to the computer science/camera technology,I am sure we will also be skeptical if it can be wrong, and what happens if it does accuse someone of being a criminal who maybe isn't? -Someone Reese knows? --Or of Reese gets framed? --who really is 'a person of interest'? I think that will be the fun of the series.

As for Carter, I have no idea where she will fit in, but perhaps she is like our Barbra Gorden, Director Chase, or Beatrix Klugh??

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu May 26, 2011 10:07 pm

CBS FALL BTS Video -Includes Person of Interest
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/cbs-2011-fall-preview-bts-videos.html

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Next

Return to Other Shows Spoilers