[Official] Misfits Series 3 Spoilers

Spoiler discussion of television shows (non listed).

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

[Official] Misfits Series 3 Spoilers

Postby Sandiwich11 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Eight episodes this series and Robert Sheenan is leaving the show :O

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/misfit ... aving.html
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/misfit ... n-how.html

We also know that Seth, that nasty piece of power-dealing work will be back. That means our heroes will all have a new power or two - but what they are we do not know (although, as ever, we'd love to hear your guesses).

But sadly, we say bye-bye to Robbie S this series. Yes we know what you’re thinking but fear not - here's what Executive Producer, Petra Fried, had to say:

"We are all sad to say goodbye to Robbie Sheehan – he has been brilliant as Nathan. Luckily for us, all of Nathan’s filthy lines were written by (creator and writer) Howard Overman, and there’s loads more where they came from – we call it the Overman dirt bank."

And an exit as big as Nathan's (ahem) needs to be pretty special right? Right? That’s why it’s happening right here, online, on your very own E4.com. Howard is working on an exclusive online short that you’ll be able to get ahead of series 3 – details are still pretty hush hush but we do know one thing. IT’S IN VEGAS BABY! Knowing Nathan there’ll be more tripling than doubling down and more crabs than craps…

The online short will also introduce Rudy, a character joining the remaining Asbo 4. In Petra’s words, "Rudy is another classic Overman creation." Cannot wait to meet him, then.

Howard Overman says "It’s great to be launching the third series of Misfits with an online film which introduces our new character Rudy, as well as saying goodbye to Nathan."

Most people seem to be up in arms about the news of no more Nathan, but I actually think it's for the best. He is a bit of a one trick pony and less rounded than some of the other characters. I think it's best for the actor to head off now and get other work, and I have no doubt that Overman will make it work without him. I haven't seen one thing he's written that I haven't liked; seriously want him writting for Doctor Who sometime soon if I'm honest :wub:

As for the online short for Nathan leaving, my speculation is that he will have a power that helps him to win when betting. And I hope that we get to see Simon and Alisha have their photo taken, the one that Superhoodie had on his wall last year.

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Misfits Series 3 Spoilers

Postby dutchie on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:59 pm

First Mitchell on Being Human and now this. But I knew this would happen, there was a rumour going around when season 2 was still airing.
I will miss Nathan :(
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Joshua on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:29 pm

So he's not leaving at the end of S3, he's actually not in S3, just the short? :O
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Sandiwich11 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Yeah I'll miss him too, but I think a lot of people are over reacting to it :( There's a lot more to the show than his one liners for me :D

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Sandiwich11 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:33 pm

Joshua wrote:So he's not leaving at the end of S3, he's actually not in S3, just the short? :O

Yep, looks like. I imagine they will allude to it in the show for those who don't watch the online shorts, but tbh I think most viewers are cult followers, the show has always had online content with the tweets and site interactions.

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby dutchie on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Sandiwich11 wrote:Yeah I'll miss him too, but I think a lot of people are over reacting to it :( There's a lot more to the show than his one liners for me :D

I agree.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Finli Otego on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:46 pm

dutchie wrote:
Sandiwich11 wrote:Yeah I'll miss him too, but I think a lot of people are over reacting to it :( There's a lot more to the show than his one liners for me :D

I agree.

Me too.

I do worry that they are going to attempt to replace Nathan with some other comic-relief character ('cause let's face it, that's what he is) who isn't as funny.

But I'm certainly not giving up on the show because of it.

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Joshua on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 pm

As long as the new comic relief isn't just another Nathan-type.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby b3rt4 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Joshua wrote:As long as the new comic relief isn't just another Nathan-type.

Exactly.
I just hope they're not trying to give us a new Nathan.

I'm really sad, though. I thought S2 was quite bad and probably would've stopped watching without Nathan already. But I'll give it a chance.

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby b3rt4 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Misfits - Season 3 - Set Photos

Also I read somewhere that the online clip will only have Nathan and the new guy in it. Anyone heard that as well?

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:50 pm

b3rt4 wrote:Also I read somewhere that the online clip will only have Nathan and the new guy in it. Anyone heard that as well?

According to this interview with the producers at the Monte Carlo Television Festival the short will have all of them in it, including Nathan's girlfriend and new baby. Seeing as it's only 6 minutes long and will cover the Simon/Alisha photo and him leaving I don't see how they will all get much screen time :unsure:

I'm really looking forward to seeing Rudy's character now, found a couple of intriguing bits about him recently. Firstly from a Channel 4 statement that says:

"New kid on the block Rudy gets a rude awakening in his first few days of community service, learning that with the keys to the infamous locker comes a great deal of running and screaming and, in some instances, bloodletting. But that really is the least of his worries. More pressing is just how to keep his secret superpower, well, secret. And is it super? As in from the A- List?"

and secondly a more detailed description that an actor who didn't get the part has put up in his blog:

18-25. Any race, any accent.

Rudy is the new regular member of the MISFITS gang. Rudy is constantly positive and ‘up’ – the kind of guy that won’t take no for an answer from a girl. He is outrageous, rude and very funny.

When Rudy was struck in the storm he developed the ability for the depressed and ‘down’ side of his personality to manifest itself into another version of Rudy, known as Dark Rudy. Dark Rudy constantly reminds Rudy about all the most embarrassing moments of his life which he’d rather forget. He has a darkly mischievous feel to him, rather like Tyler Durden in ‘Fight Club’.

Most of the time Rudy is ‘up’, joking and **** around, but when Rudy feels low or his ego takes a blow (e.g. a girl rejects him) Dark Rudy appears.

At the start of the series Rudy and Dark Rudy have an uneasy relationship, fighting and arguing with each other.

If this casting call is right then I think we're going to be blown away with how Joe Gilgun tackles the role :thumbsup:

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Return to Other Shows Spoilers