[Official] Sanctuary Season 3 Discussion Thread

Spoiler discussion of television shows (non listed).

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

[Official] Sanctuary Season 3 Discussion Thread

Postby Magnus2485 on Thu May 26, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi guys! My name is Magnus and I am the "Show Expert" for Sanctuary and for Nikita.

I did not see a thread for the Syfy show, Sanctuary but I would like to start one. It can be speculation to spoilers to who we want to be with each other romantically, favorite episodes, thoughts about the episodes, etc. It will be open for all seasons and all episodes of the show.

I would like to discuss the last episode shown before the Memorial Day break. The episode was titled "Normandy". Overall, I thought it was a pretty good episode. We got to see a lot of action and we got to see more of Watson in a flashback. (In case you were wondering, Watson died in the two part finale of season 1 when they went to get the vampire blood.) The storyline was pretty good and was pretty accurate to what was discussed in earlier episodes. I also liked the return of Druitt. I don't like him with Magnus too much because I prefer seeing him as an adversary to the Sanctuary. I would love to see Magnus with someone else other than Druitt to show that while she has a good heart, she isn't just someone who has no love in her life.

Some of the things I did not like was the fact that Watson and Magnus had a relationship. First of all, it was never mentioned in the previous episodes Watson was in. Second of all, it seemed so forced that it was really ridiculous. I know some people liked Magnus and Watson but I really thought it was ridiculous and just an attempt to make Magnus seem romantic. I mean, if they were going to play the whole Magnus/Watson pairing, there should have been a kiss involved. As much as I love Amanda Tapping, her acting when it came to calling Watson "Darling" and showing concern for her boyfriend at the time, was awful. To me, it was not believable at all because it was never hinted and it just seemed like an excuse to make Druitt upset and look like the bad guy.

The other thing I did not like was that there was no present day scenes. I would have liked to see Magnus, Hank, and Kate talk about Normandy again as they did in a previous episode and have Magnus do the storytelling perhaps over a glass of wine. It is a small thing but I just would have liked to see Hank and Kate and Big Guy too.

Overall, "Normandy" was a pretty good episode besides the one major flaw and the other minor one. What were your thoughts on the episode? What are your thoughts on the season? Come on and dish it!

\m/
Sanctuary and Nikita.
Magnus2485
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Sanctuary Season 3 Discussion Thread

Postby DarkUFO on Thu May 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Great idea :) Thanks for creating.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Magnus2485 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:23 pm

Hey guys. Sorry it has been a while but it has been slow for news since Sanctuary is off for a week.

Spoiler News: Here is a preview/Sneak Peek of next week's episode titled, "Carentan". I have watched it and it seems to be alright. I will let you all see for yourself but it seems to be a big Magnus episode and I am thrilled. Here is the link for the video on the site if you want to look at it yourself. http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/sanctu ... sneak.html

Season 4 News: No interesting spoilers I am afraid but I did find out that Robin Dunne will be directing an episode in Season 4, in addition to the usual (I presume) to Amanda Tapping. This is all on Twitter so if you want to check it yourself, please go to twitter.com/amandatapping for Amanda and twitter.com/robindunne for Robin's take.

As for anything else, I will be trying to write a recap to Carentan by the end of next week. I look forward to sharing thoughts with you guys. Take care!

\m/
Sanctuary and Nikita.
Magnus2485
Show Expert

Postby Magnus2485 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:10 pm

I forgot to post that there is going to be a guest actress in season 4 that I am very excited about. Sandrine Holt, whom I know from her roles in Black Robe, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, 24, and (my personal favorite) The L Word will be doing at least a guest spot next season on Sanctuary. If you go to the Sanctuary page on the show and see the promo pics, you will see Sandrine (I wrote Catherine the first time because in The L Word, her name was Catherine) with Amanda Tapping/Helen Magnus even though it is not on IMDB.com yet. I have to say I am really happy with this development and cannot wait to see how it plays out.

\m/
Sanctuary and Nikita.
Magnus2485
Show Expert

Postby Magnus2485 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Hey. The Leo Awards were last night and Sanctuary won some awards. I am pretty happy with the haul they got but Amanda Tapping should have won Best Actress. Her performance in "Breach" was phenomenal. Here is the link for what was on the site. I also thought they gave Smallville the prize because it is the last season but still, BOOO LEO AWARDS.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/leo-aw ... -best.html

\m/
Sanctuary and Nikita.
Magnus2485
Show Expert

Postby spoiledbox on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:05 pm

At least Sanctuary tied with Fringe for the most awards. All scifi cept Lux
spoiledbox
Viewer

Postby Magnus2485 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:35 am

Hey guys. I am so sorry that I have not been catching up on the show the last two weeks. Besides the fact that a promising season ended in the gutter, I had some personal issues to deal with.

This season really started off very well. I had high hopes but then it took a turn for the worse after the big break. I think that really killed a lot of feelings for the show, as much as I love Amanda Tapping. They didn't really utilize Kate after the Bank Job episode and that made me mad as well. Also, when they had a wrestler on the season finale, I really lost a lot of respect for the show. I mean, I will persevere through one more season to make sure it was a one time thing but I am VERY, VERY disappointed about it.

I did like how it seems like Magnus traveled back in time. I think that, like with some people on the FB page, that it might mean the return of Ashley (Emilie Ullerup) for at least a few episodes. I really hope it works out because I am surprised how much I miss her because I always preferred Kate. I know Emilie supposedly left with some bad blood/bad scheduling but I think that if her, the show, and SyFy were smart, they would at least do a flashback or a guest spot for her. I do not think she would be a regular again with the way the show is going but it would be nice to actually see her in an episode and not just in the opening credits.

Anyway, I will try and keep everyone updated as long as possible. I again apologize for being quiet during the past few weeks but my personal stuff is better now. Take care guys and talk soon!

\m/
Sanctuary and Nikita.
Magnus2485
Show Expert

Return to Other Shows Spoilers