[OFFICIAL] Revolution - S1 Spoilers and Speculation

Spoiler discussion of television shows (non listed).

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

[OFFICIAL] Revolution - S1 Spoilers and Speculation

Postby DarthLocke on Wed May 09, 2012 2:17 pm

From Eric Kripke (Supernatural) and J.J. Abrams (Alias, LOST, Fringe, Star Trek) comes a post apocalyptic epic adventure thriller about loved ones trying to survive and reunite in a world where all forms of energy has mysteriously ceased to exist. NBC has picked up the series. I will post the premiere date as soon as it becomes available. The Pilot has also been directed by Jon Favreau (Iron Man, Cowboys and Aliens)

See Bigger Image Here:
http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/Revolution/Cast%20Promotional%20Photos/revolution__120508022254.jpg.php

Giancarlo Esposito has scored a role in the new sci-fi pilot from J.J. Abrams and Supernatural creator Eric Kripke.
Esposito will star in the mind-bending action/drama Revolution as Lt. Neville, a “hard-as-steel military man…who may not always be what he seems,” according to casting intel.http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/02/revolution-giancarlo-esposito-joins.html

Twilight‘s Billy Burke has been cast in NBC’s JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke drama pilot Revolution, directed by Jon Favreau. The high-octane action drama follows a group of people struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist. Burke, repped by Gersh and Ellen Meyer Management, will play an charismatic Marine. He is best known for playing Bella Swan’s father in the Twilight Saga franchise. http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/revolution-billy-burke-joins-cast.html

Ringer star Andrea Roth has joined the cast of NBC's Revolution.

The drama pilot, from JJ Abrams (Lost) and Eric Kripke (Supernatural), is set in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist.

Roth will play Rachel, the mother of the show's two lead characters, Deadline reports.

The actress previously starred on FX drama Rescue Me from 2004 to 2011 and also played a recurring role on CBS cop series Blue Bloods.

JD Pardo (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2) has also been cast in the Revolution pilot.

The 31-year-old - who has appeared on 90210 and CSI: NY - will play an expert archer named Nate.

Other stars attached to Revolution include Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Tracy Spiradakos (Being Human), Graham Rogers (Struck By Lightning) and Anna Lise Phillips (Terra Nova).
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a3711 ... pilot.html

1x01 "Pilot" Promotional Photos:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/revolution-episode-101-pilot.html

1x01 Trailer and Sneak Peeks!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/revolu ... peeks.html

J.J. Abrams Talks A Little About "Revolution" (And It's Premise and Scope)
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/revolu ... video.html

A Run Down of Characters and Names from IMDb:
Giancarlo Esposito - Captain Neville (Hard as steal Military man/not as he seems)
Billy Burke - Miles Matheson (Husband/Brother to Rachel? - Charismatic Marine)
Andrea Roth - Rachel Matheson (Mother to Rachel and Danny))
Tim Guinee - Ben Matheson (Miles Brother, Uncle to Charlie and Danny)
JD Pardo - Nate (Expert Archer)
Tracey Spiridakos - Charlie Matheson (Daughter of Ben and Rachel, Niece to Miles)
Zack Orth - Aaron (Ben's friend)
Alan Grath - CALEB
Maria Howell - Grace
Graham Rogers - Danny Matheson (Son of Ben and Rachel), Brother to Charlie, Nephew to Miles)
Anna Lise Philips - Maggie (Ben's former (?) love interest)
Morgan Hinkelman - Young Charlie (Flashback)
David Lyions - Bass Monroe (General. Part of the United States has been renamed the "Monroe Republic"--U.S History themes--President James Monroe (founding father 5th President) fought in Revolutionary War and"Fort Monroe" = Cotenraband-The American Civil War)

Note: It's uncleaer what the exact family dynamic is with all the Mathesons. The only thing from descriptions that makes sense is that Rachel is the mother of two of them...I took a guess above, but I could be wrong.

Billy Burke and Jon Favreau discuss "Revolution"
"I don't think people will be confused in the slightest watching it," he says. "For some reason, all forms of energy and power go out. Fifteen years later, people are trying to get along and trying to figure out how to reconnect and how to form new societies without any of those benefits. We cut back and forth a little bit in time, but it's all pretty linear and very easy to follow and highly entertaining."

Burke, who says "'Revolution' is my favorite thing I've done in a very very long time," explains that his character is a former member of the military "forced into coming back to fight for the cause." -B. Burke

"It definitely shares some DNA with Lost and [JJ's other] shows," Favreau told The Hollywood Reporter.

"But I think when Eric came up with the idea for this, I think he was looking at things like Game of Thrones [and] Lord of the Rings - how to set a fantasy with swords and lo-tech societies butting [heads] and set it on an American backdrop."

Set in the near future, Revolution takes place in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist.

"Even though America's overgrown, [the series] has a personality that you don't see in... European-based shows," insisted Favreau. " J. Favreau

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/05/revolution-various-articles.html

A shot from film maker Wes Ball's computer animated post-apocalyptic short film "Ruin", used by Bad Robot in "Revolution"!
http://www.slashfilm.com/shot-wes-balls-short-film-ruin-jj-abrams-jon-favreaus-revolution-trailer/

Fun Bad Robot Facts:
*Most of the names are reoccurring names in many Bad Robot works and or names of Bad Robot Actors.
Matheson is close to "Madson" (Alcatraz...whom one family member is name "Archer". Rebecca Madson may also be a play on Rebecca Mader)
*Billy Burke has appeared in a first season FRINGE episode, "In Which We Meet Mr. Jones" where he played Lucas Vogel, a former love interest of [blue] Olivia Dunham whom formerly worked in the military, before becoming a member of German Parliament.
*Although Not a Bad Robot Production, but because of the show's writers/show runners, and their heavy influences of their former Bad Robot connections, one could say it's like a "sister" Bad Robot show, Giancarlo Esposito plays Sydney Glass/Magic Mirror in "Once Upon A Time". Magic Mirror and Once 's Storybrooke has a similarity in ideas to his Revolution character description by "not being as he seems"...
*Character Geberal Bass Monroe hints at American History, including American Civil War. Fringe's Lincoln Lee character name is a juxtaposition to two rivals in ACW, as Fringe thematically also focuses on War. Alcatraz also had some ACW parallels, since in terms of U.S. ownership, Alcatraz was big part of it in terms of a military prison/arsinal starting with the ACW.
Last edited by DarthLocke on Thu May 17, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Revolution - S1 Spoilers and Speculation

Postby supermodel on Wed May 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Does that mean all gasoline mysteriously disappeared out of the tanks, or just that they can't make any more?
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu May 10, 2012 12:32 am

supermodel wrote:Does that mean all gasoline mysteriously disappeared out of the tanks, or just that they can't make any more?

I don't think they mean things like natural resources, but rather electricity and digital technology...so there's no way run modern transportation, modern appliances (refrigerators, computers, medical equipment, ect)...

So unless there is a way to make a car run with out any electricity, they probably don't have any, but rather go by foot, animal, or maybe have gone back to coal trains and steam boats... Of course it's unclear from the synopsis how long they have lived this way, but I think the general idea is that people had to revert back to living something like the pre-1800's. --There is obviously a Medieval-Forest-Robin Hood-Van Helsing like styles to the costume design, so it's seems like there are going to be themes with man and the wilderness, but I am hoping that part of the story has to do with what ever happened to the energy...

Maybe your right...maybe they don't have much gas, coal, ect either, but that situation would almost be inhabitable, since most that stuff comes from in the ground and could still be mined/refined...and I am sure there is some ground left to stand on :lol:

I came back because seemingly there are no guns either...so I wonder if it's just the technology just doesn't work, rather then it just disappearing... :hmm:

-------------------------------
I am trying to find theories on " energy absorption"...I keep getting things like 'super hero kentic abilities' (Like Olivia Dunham/cortexiphan subjects for instance, or even X-man characters)...

But one thing I did kind of come up with was the sun and/or solar energy...the idea of some matter can be absorbed than used to make other energy....So one idea I had is that there are these satellites-or other tech (shock absorber?) that absorb most kinds of energy, especially electromagnetic energy...and some one is transferring it to be able to?.....light and fuel an underground society? To fuel a space ship?...To fuel another planet?????

Is the energy being put somewhere else??? Or is there something that eats certain kind of energy to survive...a "Slusho" absorbing smoke monster monster? Or people who were experimented on? Alien beings?? Could this relate to an alternate reality or trying to create one from scratch? :hmm: There is just something so Super 8, Cloverfield, and Fringe about this!

That's all I could think of at this point....what do you guys think?

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sun May 13, 2012 1:33 pm

So are very own forum member Wilson Crawford, told me that Fringe's stasis runes reminded him of a devil's trap in Supernatural.

I was just saying that maybe one idea around the missing energy may have to do with kenetic energy and absorbing it some how. Olivia Dunham on Fringe's season finale was used as an energy absorbing power source to attempt to collapse the universes...so I think the similarity between a Stasis Rune and a Devil's Trap is not coincidental...

I don't know what it means, but thinking about the title "Revolution", seems to imply a story about people fighting back against something for freedom or restoration...kind of like where Fringe is going in it's final season.
Last edited by DarthLocke on Sun May 13, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarkUFO on Sun May 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks for creating this thread, Darth. Looking forward to watching the pilot
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby DarthLocke on Sun May 13, 2012 5:27 pm

DarkUFO wrote:Thanks for creating this thread, Darth. Looking forward to watching the pilot

Sure! No Problem! let's hope it's a good Pilot! :)

PS: Trailer and Sneak peek added above! The production quality looks good!

Supermodel, there are guns so it seems like it is electromagnetic energy...Welcome to Westfield :PP

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Mon May 14, 2012 12:30 am

How did I just hear about this show? Also - is JJ obsessed with planes and using plane crashes in his shows (even if it's a background image).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon May 14, 2012 12:37 am

DharmaLager wrote:How did I just hear about this show? Also - is JJ obsessed with planes and using plane crashes in his shows (even if it's a background image).

Ferris Wheels are another one of those things too! :lol:
(Cloverfield, Person of Interest (background), Mission Impossible 3 - Agent Ferris, Alias Sydney and Vaughn have one their first good moments in front of a Ferris Wheel), Alcatraz ("Ernest Cobb")

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu May 17, 2012 3:14 pm

So strangely have I been arguing the importants of Fringe season 4's two-part finale's interesting technology, including Nano Tech and Olivia kentically being used as a power sources possibly in relation to the origins of the Observers (cortexiphan), and/or their up and coming control, that may stem around various versions, if not the original version of William Bell, did this interesting article on:

The University of Berkeley genetically creating a virus (with Nanotechnology), that creates electricity!!!!
http://io9.com/5910682/a-virus-that-creates-electricity
http://www.nature.com/nnano/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nnano.2012.69.html

I found this interesting since the Revolution trailer shows us that some electricity can be stored/passed around in a USB-like flash drive...If one could create a virus to create power, maybe there is a type of anti-virus-energy changer-distributor too!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Re: [OFFICIAL] Revolution - S1 Spoilers and Speculation

Postby DarthLocke on Fri May 18, 2012 2:52 pm

NBC's Official Website Now Available:
http://www.nbc.com/revolution/

More Vidoes, Pics, and Character Bios!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Dogma9 on Thu May 24, 2012 7:56 pm

DharmaLager wrote:How did I just hear about this show? Also - is JJ obsessed with planes and using plane crashes in his shows (even if it's a background image).

:lol: Dude I heard about it off a random you tube add of all places.At first I was like wow this movie looks amazing.... O.o wait its a tv show?! :w00t: awesome! Just has an epic feel to it.
thanks to XTS

:haha: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :rockon: :w00t: :taz: :batman: :taz: :gunsmile: :tank: :guns: :music: :boat:
Dogma9
Emmy Nominee

Postby DharmaLager on Thu May 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Dogma9 wrote:

:lol: Dude I heard about it off a random you tube add of all places.At first I was like wow this movie looks amazing.... O.o wait its a tv show?! :w00t: awesome! Just has an epic feel to it.

At least I'm not alone in not having a clue about it until recently! Makes me feel better.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri May 25, 2012 3:20 pm

DharmaLager wrote:
Dogma9 wrote:

At least I'm not alone in not having a clue about it until recently! Makes me feel better.

Don't feel bad guys! You'r normal :lol: ...I am just obsessive for Bad Robot :crazy: So I am always on the hunt for their next projects! :lol: :P

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sun May 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Latest From EW:
JON FAVREAU ON CREATING A ‘REVOLUTION’
In Revolution, electricity no longer exists after having disappeared from the world 15 years ago. The show, from J.J. Abrams and Supernatural creator Eric Kripke, then tells the story of what happens next. According to director Jon Favreau, who helmed the pilot, it’s not all bad.
“From my perspective, it’s about the characters and the families — how they’ve had to adjust. What’s scary about [the world] and what’s positive about it,” he says. “The world in some ways has gotten more innocent. It’s a simpler time, and one could argue that people are closer together.”

I almost wonder if there will be a radical terrorist involved, because thinking about William Bell and David Robert Jones (Fringe), Arvin Sloane and Irina Derevko (Alias), and then even Kurt Hendricks (Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocal), seems like there could be someone who would believe that talking away technology and creating a type of devastation would create a better world (But of course we have the argument if the energy was used for something else and/or the fact that we see from the character April, that some energy can be used and/or recreated....

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Sun May 27, 2012 10:46 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
DharmaLager wrote:
Dogma9 wrote:

Don't feel bad guys! You'r normal :lol: ...I am just obsessive for Bad Robot :crazy: So I am always on the hunt for their next projects! :lol: :P

I have no desire to be normal. If I was normal - I wouldn't be going back to Oahu to go on my SECOND Lost Tour (Mahalo to this Thursday - cannot wait!)
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Next

Return to Other Shows Spoilers