Orphan Black

Spoiler discussion of television shows (non listed).

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Orphan Black

Postby Sym on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:22 am

Image

Code: Select all
[i]A streetwise hustler is pulled into a compelling conspiracy after witnessing the suicide of a girl who looks just like her.[/i]




I look the season 3
Tatiana Maslany is extraordinary actress!!

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
I love all your interpretation my favorite is Helena :wub: :wub:
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
Image
War against the world Black Sails
User avatar
Sym
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: In the Tardis go To Nassau
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Orphan Black

Postby Notice on Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:15 pm

I'm still pondering wether I will watch this series or not :D
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
User avatar
Notice
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:37 pm
Location: Vienna
Gender: Female

Re: Orphan Black

Postby Sym on Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:51 pm

The story is good,
and the actress is simply " Wow".
Tatiana is the Show. She plays all the characters
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
Image
War against the world Black Sails
User avatar
Sym
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: In the Tardis go To Nassau
Gender: Female

Re: Orphan Black

Postby Gary Troup on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:46 pm

It's :thumbsup:
User avatar
Gary Troup
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:29 am
Location: Sheffield, England
Gender: Male

Re: Orphan Black

Postby Sym on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:24 am

I Love Tatiana and i Love This Show!!!!!
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
Image
War against the world Black Sails
User avatar
Sym
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: In the Tardis go To Nassau
Gender: Female

Re: Orphan Black

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:32 pm

OMG! Love this show!!!!!!!! :P But I also think the secondary/non clone characters are awesome too!

What did you think of The Penultimate season 4 episode?

Also, who are favorite charters??

Mine are: Helena, Cosima, Delphine, Art, Ferdinand, Krystal, Ira, Rachel (But they are all great, if you ask me!)
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Orphan Black

Postby Sym on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:02 am

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
I'm curious to see what in reality sees Rachel.
And the past? And the future?
Maybe a connection with all the sisters?
Cosima is strange since he read the book ....


I love them all, but my favorites are
Helena, Felix, Alison/Donnie.
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
Image
War against the world Black Sails
User avatar
Sym
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: In the Tardis go To Nassau
Gender: Female

Re: Orphan Black

Postby dutchie on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:25 pm

Notice wrote:I'm still pondering wether I will watch this series or not :D

You should watch it, its awesome.

DarthLocke wrote:Also, who are favorite charters??

I don't know, I think I like them almost all equally. The all have their own thing going on that I like.
There was only one character I had nothing with and that was Paul. He was so boring.
User avatar
dutchie
Emmy Winner
 
Posts: 3200
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:14 am
Gender: Female

Re: Orphan Black

Postby Notice on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:52 pm

Ok guys, you've convinced me, I'll give it a go :lol:
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
User avatar
Notice
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:37 pm
Location: Vienna
Gender: Female

Re: Orphan Black

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:15 am

Notice wrote:Ok guys, you've convinced me, I'll give it a go :lol:


YAY! Clone Club is SO fun! :thumbsup:

Sym wrote:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
I'm curious to see what in reality sees Rachel.
And the past? And the future?
Maybe a connection with all the sisters?
Cosima is strange since he read the book ....


I love them all, but my favorites are
Helena, Felix, Alison/Donnie.


My thoughts on Rach's vision:

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
-So I also thought the Hunting of Swan Imagine and learning that these people may have been on the Island and may have a correlation with Cosima mentioning that the Neolution Founder thought poverty was cased by genetics! I don't know if those people could be poor Victorian people, or if perhaps, more likley, they are generations of indigenous Island people, but I am thinking The Founder came to the Island, built on their land, and was trying to "cure" them (experiment) of what he deemed, primal or uncivil. And from there I wonder if this is were the Proletheans derive??? However it's hard to say for sure if they are just in killing "The Swan" in retaliation, as The swan is something not normally thought of as an animal to hunt and has a lot of mythological significance---maybe these people couldn't live in harmony (meaning they started it), proving The Founder's point??? (My that is why they strung the religious stuff through Alison this season--to keep the Proleathean-religious aspect alive)

-And this is a random thought, have no real basis or evidence to support it, but the thought crossed my mind that Leakie was the Founder. There's something about him that seemed like he could of had Victorian leanings. Obviously it meant that he had a way for life extension. Probably not, but wanted to put it out there.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Orphan Black

Postby Notice on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:38 am

I want a spin-off series where Helena eats nonstop and also says "sestra" a lot. That would make me happy.

It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
User avatar
Notice
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:37 pm
Location: Vienna
Gender: Female

Re: Orphan Black

Postby Sym on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:03 am

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
For a moment I thought that the founder of Neolution, is Charles Darwin.
This siegerebbe the theory, and the Genetics projects.
who wrote in the book, still lives on the island:
The secret is therefore the eternal life?

The thought that the swan was a symbol linked to Alchemy:

"Symbols of Alchemy:
The Swan is an ancient symbol, among the most important and rich in meaning in an absolute sense. It is full implementation of the One, having itself the Male - long necks reminiscent of the phallic symbol - as the Female - white body, white and round. Cygnus therefore symbolizes the absolute Androgynous, the perfect World Egg that blends in himself the two opposite poles, in perfection as in the balance voltage, in alchemical research.
Alchemy in the Swan is associated with the element mercury binds all'Albedo and is associated with constancy: the calcination process (where it culminated after that of putrefaction) is the second phase of the Great Work. The alchemist has discovered within himself the hermaphroditic nature of Man.
The Spirit is in fact androgynous, since the differentiation of the sexes is a purely material. Discovering his soul asexual, the alchemist can find inner nature and continue to the next stage.
The Swan is always the starting point, linked to the birth and perfection, as well as the cyclical nature of the universe: the ancient people saw her constellation point the North Pole as a guide in the journey. "


I associated with the nature of the Clones.


What torture to wait nearly one year.

The next season will be the last.
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
Image
War against the world Black Sails
User avatar
Sym
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2834
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: In the Tardis go To Nassau
Gender: Female

Re: Orphan Black

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:38 pm

Sym wrote:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
For a moment I thought that the founder of Neolution, is Charles Darwin.
This siegerebbe the theory, and the Genetics projects.
who wrote in the book, still lives on the island:
The secret is therefore the eternal life?

The thought that the swan was a symbol linked to Alchemy:

"Symbols of Alchemy:
The Swan is an ancient symbol, among the most important and rich in meaning in an absolute sense. It is full implementation of the One, having itself the Male - long necks reminiscent of the phallic symbol - as the Female - white body, white and round. Cygnus therefore symbolizes the absolute Androgynous, the perfect World Egg that blends in himself the two opposite poles, in perfection as in the balance voltage, in alchemical research.
Alchemy in the Swan is associated with the element mercury binds all'Albedo and is associated with constancy: the calcination process (where it culminated after that of putrefaction) is the second phase of the Great Work. The alchemist has discovered within himself the hermaphroditic nature of Man.
The Spirit is in fact androgynous, since the differentiation of the sexes is a purely material. Discovering his soul asexual, the alchemist can find inner nature and continue to the next stage.
The Swan is always the starting point, linked to the birth and perfection, as well as the cyclical nature of the universe: the ancient people saw her constellation point the North Pole as a guide in the journey. "


I associated with the nature of the Clones.


What torture to wait nearly one year.

The next season will be the last.



Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
True. Nice finds! Not to dismiss Leda and the swan, but I think you are right, because Kira basically is holding the metaphysical cards. On little gripe I have is that the EP's promised to make headway with Kira and her abilities, but did not do too much...

However, I can see with season five being the final season, why it may be better to put that story/plot development there since one could speculate that those abilities may intentionally contrast the Founder, but also because the narrative finally suggested the way forward for Neolion was with both projects (Clones + Brightborn: Babies with controlled genes/The Bot) could be combined to make "the better human being" and "Kira" is really already that by product...

I kind of suspected a few episodes ago when they introduced P.T. W''s book that it would be a manifesto. The Neolution "Eye" reminded me quite a bit of Alias with The Eye of Rambaldi "<o>" and so I suspected that the Founder would be similar in either being literally immortal and/or being able to "see the future" and create "advance" technology earlier than history has us believe. At least one of those is now true. However the motif/footage with chopping off the swan's head also makes me think of "swan song" and part of me thinks that perhaps it's a trap??

Some casting choices I would like: On the younger side: Henry Ian Cusick, Iwan Rheon, James Callis, Robert Kazinsky. What about you? Who would you like to play PTW?????
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Orphan Black

Postby Notice on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:39 pm

You guys don't have to use the spoiler tags here, just that you know (but thanks anyway :) ) :lol:

After Season 3 finale I just have to say: AUSTRIA! Wooooo, we're relevant :lol:
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
User avatar
Notice
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:37 pm
Location: Vienna
Gender: Female

Re: Orphan Black

Postby Notice on Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:02 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
True. Nice finds! Not to dismiss Leda and the swan, but I think you are right, because Kira basically is holding the metaphysical cards. On little gripe I have is that the EP's promised to make headway with Kira and her abilities, but did not do too much...

However, I can see with season five being the final season, why it may be better to put that story/plot development there since one could speculate that those abilities may intentionally contrast the Founder, but also because the narrative finally suggested the way forward for Neolion was with both projects (Clones + Brightborn: Babies with controlled genes/The Bot) could be combined to make "the better human being" and "Kira" is really already that by product...

I kind of suspected a few episodes ago when they introduced P.T. W''s book that it would be a manifesto. The Neolution "Eye" reminded me quite a bit of Alias with The Eye of Rambaldi "<o>" and so I suspected that the Founder would be similar in either being literally immortal and/or being able to "see the future" and create "advance" technology earlier than history has us believe. At least one of those is now true. However the motif/footage with chopping off the swan's head also makes me think of "swan song" and part of me thinks that perhaps it's a trap??

Some casting choices I would like: On the younger side: Henry Ian Cusick, Iwan Rheon, James Callis, Robert Kazinsky. What about you? Who would you like to play PTW?????


Heh, I also got an Alias/Rambaldi vibe :lol:
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
User avatar
Notice
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:37 pm
Location: Vienna
Gender: Female

Next

Return to Other Shows Spoilers


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron