When was your first time watching BSG?

General discussion for 'Battlestar Galactica'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: When was your first time watching BSG?

Postby Lost Fan on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:59 am

I saw one of the episodes from Season one. Forgot about it. Then saw another episode earlier this year. I ended up buying all the episodes on iTunes and got hooked. :D
Lost Fan
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby edj999 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:01 pm

my first episode was the first episode of BSG, it was late at night and nothing else was one, I love sci fi shows like star trek or stargate and had some vague memories of the old BSG series so I decided to watch one episode and see how it went from there and I must admit it got me hooked from the first episode, it was set in the future but it wasn't anything like star trek I found this sci fi show to be more realistic than others. The ships, the equipment, the characters, no weird blue looking creatures or guys with a huge forehead but normal looking humans trapped in space trying to survive and not knowing who to trust. I love the interaction between the players as well, the Helo and Sharon relationship is something I like.
edj999
Viewer

Postby Lemora on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:33 am

I was a fan of the original series. And I've been watching this one since the miniseries came out. And I'm totally addicted. Can't wait for the new eps in January. :w00t:
Lemora
Viewer

Postby Grey'sAddict on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:16 am

I watched the Season 2 premiere when it aired on SciFi, back when it was on the same night as Stargate. I had seen bits and pieces before then though, and it had piqued my interest. I've been addicted ever since. :wub:
Grey'sAddict
Viewer

Postby schizochick on Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:57 am

Someone talked me into watching it sometime right before season 3. It worked out because I taped all of the season in anticipation just in case I liked it!
schizochick
Viewer

Postby luvsscifi on Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:18 pm

I will be showing my age :blush: , but I was a fan of the original BSG. I started watching the current BSG when it began and my husband is now a more avid fan than I. Life halts at our house when BSG is on.
luvsscifi
Viewer

Postby Cyn on Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:24 am

It was by chance, over three years ago when I'd offered to pick up the spouse of a friend to bring him to the family barbecue as she was very busy with her small children. When I got to their home, I found him watching an episode of BSG which he had TiVo'd and we could not leave for 10 more minutes --until it was over. I sat down, got a look at Dualla and thought she had the most amazing eyes and the few more minutes I saw of Galactica intrigued me. When I returned home here to the Midwest, I immediately caught up on Season 1 and have not wavered since.
I have a lot to thank friend's spouse for. :flowers:
Cyn
Viewer

Postby Nino Divine on Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:04 am

I heard about this show a long time ago, but never got around to watching it, probably because I had never before checked a sci fi show out and didn't know if it would appeal to me.. I also knew it was a serialized show, so I didn't want to watch a random episode and not understand anything..
Well one day I decided to finally give the show a chance, since I mostly heard positive feedback from critics and fans alike, but because it wasn't showing here I had to download the mini series first..

Now I'm a big fan and can't wait for the return.. It's my second most awaited show this season, right after lost :)

Edit: Oh, forgot to say when it was.. It was just last year, on the big lost hiatus break.. Yea, it took me a long time, i know..
Don't You See, It's All In My Head!!!...
Nino Divine
Viewer

Postby Spider1986 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:07 pm

didnt like the pilot much, but the first season was good, and the second season was even better, with a one of a hell episode called pegasus, reminded me of atlantis but was so much better :PP
didnt watch the third season yet. im slow at watching shows ^^ except for LOST
Spider1986
Extra

Postby PrincessGwen on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:03 am

I'd watched a few episodes in the past but it was on in conflict with another show we watched. Last week we got the first mini series from Netflix and am so excited to get caught up again!
What you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar!
PrincessGwen
Viewer

Postby PrincessGwen on Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Watching disc one of season one today!
What you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar!
PrincessGwen
Viewer

Postby captain jack sparrow on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:02 pm

bought the miniseries today,along with season 1....watched the miniseries right away....loved it!!!!!Gonna watch a couple of episodes from season 1 2nite, :)
captain jack sparrow
Stunt Double

Postby JediChewy on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 am

Someone mentioned it. I was in a Science Fiction streak after watching all the Star Trek and I do mean all in a row. Yes all. And so I needed a change but still wanted it to be science fiction. So Battlestar Galactica is pretty much the only sci fi I haven't seen yet. I'm on Season 3 now. Pretty good so far, yet somewhat slow in Season 3, but I'm still in the beginning of it. That Colonel Ty thing was so sad I had to stop watching for a couple days...
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby Finli Otego on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:47 pm

I finally ordered BSG on Netflix and I just watched Part 1 of the Miniseries. I have to say, I'm really liking it so far! It's pretty intense. I've heard some say that the miniseries isn't as good as the actual series, but if that's the case then I'm gonna end up in love with this show. :wub:
The only thing that annoys me so far is the use of the word "frak". It takes me out of the story every time someone says it. :lol:

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Nuggen on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:34 am

we started watching BSG two weeks ago. Watching the final 6 hours tonight - oh and then Razor 9 we skipped it to watch the last season).
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Nuggen
Stunt Double

PreviousNext

Return to Battlestar Galactica Discussion [No spoilers!]