CSI Las Vegas News

General discussion for 'CSI'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

CSI Las Vegas News

Postby HiroWorship on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:49 pm

Fishburne Confirms ‘Contagion’ Role

Laurence Fishburne is currently starring on the big screen in Predators, which opened in the United States and Canada on July 9. CSI Files previously reported that the actor was being considered for a role in Contagion, which revolves around a team of medical professionals fighting a deadly virus outbreak. It has now been confirmed that Fishburne will appear in the Steven Soderbergh film.

‘CSI’ Snags Two Creative Arts Emmy Nominations
Posted by Rachel - 08/07/10 at 01:07 pm

The nominations are out for the 2010 Primetime Emmy Awards, and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation was recognized in two creative arts categories: the season ten premiere, “Family Affair”, was nominated for “Outstanding Cinematography For A One Hour Series” and “Outstanding Special Visual Effects For A Series”.

Congrats on both :thumbsup:
Mafia Timer
Image thank you Heiots
HiroWorship
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: CSI Las Vegas News

Postby dutchie on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:20 pm

The opening shot should really win awards :thumbsup:
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby HiroWorship on Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:18 am

i agree :thumbsup:
Mafia Timer
Image thank you Heiots
HiroWorship
Supporting Actor

Postby HiroWorship on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:46 am

Hall Battles ‘Barriers Of Attitude’

Double amputee Robert David Hall (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s Dr Al Robbins) doesn’t let his disability stand in his way, and he works hard to make sure others get the same opportunities in life.

Hall was recently on hand to introduce President Barack Obama at a White House event celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), which prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities. In 1978, the actor was involved in a car accident that cost him both legs. He never let that hold him back, and today he is a successful star on CSI. He also released his debut CD earlier this summer.

Despite his own accomplishments, Hall knows that other people with disabilities face major obstacles. Some of those obstacles are physical, but Hall said there’s a bigger problem. “I travel a lot,” the actor told UPI. “I’ve encountered a lot of architectural barriers. But in my opinion architectural barriers are second to barriers of attitude.” He added, “There are a lot of studies showing huge gaps in employment and education and income for people with disabilities. I’m one of so few people with a disability in the entertainment business.”

There are some individuals who would like to get rid of the ADA, but the law is here to stay. “I’d like to see them try (to repeal it),” Hall said. “I’m sorry, the days of not being able to get your wheelchair into a public building are over. That stuff is just not acceptable.” The actor continued, “We’re not out there saying we have to do everything. We have to get an education and we’re going to participate in America. That’s just the way it is.”

All this time, I never realized he was actually disabled. Sounds like an awesome guy. I don't have physical handicaps, but I am partially deaf so I understand barriers. Way to go!!! :thumbsup:
Mafia Timer
Image thank you Heiots
HiroWorship
Supporting Actor

Postby HacZer on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:46 am

I agree to what the other said that it will be given an award. Anyway, I am congratulating to the winners. Having those awards will is really a gift from the almighty one.
HacZer
Viewer

Return to CSI Discussion [No spoilers!]