CSI the orignal (and best) latest season

General discussion for 'CSI'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

CSI the orignal (and best) latest season

Postby 308 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:31 pm

What a disappointing season so far, to say the least. Two key gripes.

Do we need to add another annoying CSI in Riley Adams? Her witty bantor is not amusing. Can we not give some other back ground character on the show a bump to the front, as was down to the character of Hodges? Or try bringing in to the fold another cop character, like Brass. I'd still like to know what happened Louise Lombard who played Sophia Curtis. She was the only late addition cast member that seemed to fit.

The second gripe is who the hell green lights going after Lawrence Fishburne to replace Gil Grissom? Anyone have an idea? Hasn't that mistake already been made with Gary Sinise on CSI: NY? They way they're making it sound, he's going to become a focal point on the show, why higher a name actor like that if he isn't, right? and to me that could end up being the last straw.

The episode developement has gone downhill this season, and even parts of last year. I get flushing out sara and Warrick, but if you're going to change the show so dramatically over the course of less than a season, does the writing and story developement have to suffer too? Aggravating.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
-Douglas Adams
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: CSI the orignal (and best) latest season

Postby lostie4815 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:57 am

I am loving this season so far and think the addition of Lauren Lee Smith and Lawrence Fishbourne are great. I think the show has become more individual this season and I loved the latest episode.
LOST & LIE TO ME

JANUARY 21ST 2009
lostie4815
Viewer

Postby rabbitwolf on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:56 am

It hasn't been so bad that i'll quit watching it, but it hasn't been the greatest season either.
rabbitwolf
Viewer

Postby Micha on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:09 am

I wonder how the ratings will be after the first episode without Grissom.
Sin never sleeps...

Micha
Viewer

Postby Lane on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:35 am

I've been watching this show since its first season, but I must say that I think I might check out when Grissom does.

I hate how they've written him this season; I think it's completely OOC.
Lane
Viewer

Postby GGrissom on Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:13 pm

Well I think this season is much more fascinating than the last one so far,of course I agree, that Gris will be a big loss, but thatt's the way of things...unfortunately our beloved show must change sometimes too...But Petersen is playing at his best in the season so far, and I have no problems with Riley. We'll see how the rest of the season goes..without Gris :hmm:
GGrissom
Viewer

Postby Sera on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:13 pm

I think this season is much better than the last. The cases are very interesting. But the leaving of Grissom is very bad, he's important for the show. I hope that Fishburne can step in his footprints.
Riley is a good character for the show. Also L.L. Smith is a good actor.
We will se how the show is going on without Grissom.
Sera
Viewer

Postby James on Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:37 pm

I will certainly miss Grissom :( but I have high hopes for the rest of the season, and I'm really curious how LF's character will be presented. What I've seen so far looks promising :)
James Image
James
Viewer

Postby hmbb on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:04 am

Will miss Grisom.Remember the few episodes he left and we had a sub CSI fill in? Those episode were boring. Hope these won't be the same.
hmbb
Show Expert

Postby spunkycsi on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:37 pm

I love the orgnal CSI and I love Grissom he is my favorite character. To me the show will not be the same without him being there and it will be hard to watch it without him. I will watch the first and give it a shot . :wub:
spunkycsi
Viewer

Postby CSIwannabe on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:52 pm

I love CSI and I will continue to watch it. I look forward to the cast changes because I think the show could use a change. I don't miss Sara, but I do miss Warrick, and I know it won't be the same without Grissom but maybe it will be better? There is more to CSI that just the characters, that's why I watch.
CSIwannabe
Viewer

Postby Stiffy2 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:44 pm

I have to agree that CSI Las Vegas is he best! :D

However, I can't say anything about Riley Adams yet- we don't know much about her yet in my mind to judge. Also, although I'm disappointed that Grissom is leaving I think the show needs a change and Lawerence Fishbourne just started so give him a bit of a break. I think the last episode was amazing- best of the season so far imo.
Our job is to find what's killing patients, not treat them for chronic idiocy." -House
Stiffy2
Viewer

Postby jainabean5 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:18 pm

Man....I totally agree about Grissom leaving. I can't believe so many characters have disappeared. I'm glad Nick is still there though! I think that's when I'd really quit watching :) And side note, in the last episode, did the DJK remind anyone else of HRG from Heroes?! haha. Gotta love those glasses! :)
jainabean5
Viewer

Postby ackermaniv on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:56 pm

this is the only csi i watch. this season has been pretty good in my opinion, but i feel it's going to be a lot different now with 3 of the main cast gone...
ackermaniv
Viewer

Postby Charmqn on Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:41 pm

I also love this season, I think I love the fact that we see the team work together more...maybe its because of Warrick's death or what not, but I especially love seeing Nick/Greg work together.

This is definitely the best of the 3 and I am also happy to see Laurence join the cast.
Charmqn
Viewer

Next

Return to CSI Discussion [No spoilers!]