What Was the Complaint?

General discussion for 'Prison Break'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

What Was the Complaint?

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Tue May 11, 2010 1:38 pm

So I just finished all 4 seasons of Prison Break and I loved it. But before I gave it a try I heard from several people that they didn't like it after S2, what was the main gripe with the 3rd and 4th seasons? It's hard to top that first one but overall I thought the quality maintained throughout. The only two things I can think of is S3 being shortened by the writers' strike (but what show didn't suffer because of that?), and I can also see how the show could get frustrating if you had to watch it week to week. I watched all of it online so I never had the wait that live viewers had, but I bet the way they string out certain things could cause people to get impatient. Is that more or less it?
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: What Was the Complaint?

Postby Sawyer5665 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:12 pm

I LOVED season one. I liked seasons two and three very much. I actually thought that season three was very, very entertaining in the Panamanian prison....very cool. I lost interest during season four and never finished it. I was watching it live as it aired here in the States. I just got bored with the storyline from season four. I think that I quit watching after episode 4 or 5. I might give it another go, though, on your word here. I've actually heard from a few others that told me that season four turned out to be pretty good.

BTW...Wasn't there a movie released after season four that wrapped it all up?
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:BTW...Wasn't there a movie released after season four that wrapped it all up?

Yep. It's kinda like a second series finale. Worth watching if you ever get around to finishing the show.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby tvepisodesnow on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:39 am

Prison Break is my all time favorite television show! How can you stop watching it? Seriously, I loved every second of every episode! Sure there was some weakness in some episodes, but what tv show doesn't have a few weak episodes? They all do, at one point or another.

A lot of people tried comparing every season to the first, that's where everybody went wrong, and thus they just stopped watching, or continued to watch and complained. Regardless, I loved it. The final Break was awesome too, it sort of took the role of the "Spin Off" which we heard so much about for years.
tvepisodesnow
Viewer

Postby gimmers3000 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:29 am

Yeah i didn't understand why people stopped liking it after season 2 either. I think my main complaint would be that season 3 seemed rushed due to the writers strike.
Get up John, You've got work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaw6wOi1Q Best video ever!

September 22, 2004 - May 23, 2010 R.I.P LOST
gimmers3000
Guest Star

Postby ARIS3 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:31 pm

I've been a loyal prisonbreaker 'till the end (and when I say the end I include the two extra episodes). But season 4 had too many plot holes, too many mistakes...
The whole psycho mom thing didn't work right, plus I didn't like Sara's pregnancy s/l (yup! never been a MiSa fan). Thank God they saved this by killing Michael in the end!
That being said, Prison Break will always be one of my favourite tv shows (not that I have many).It's just that it used to come second after LOST, now it comes third, after LOST and Supernatural!
ARIS3
Supporting Actor

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:30 am

ARIS3 wrote:I've been a loyal prisonbreaker 'till the end (and when I say the end I include the two extra episodes). But season 4 had too many plot holes, too many mistakes...
The whole psycho mom thing didn't work right, plus I didn't like Sara's pregnancy s/l (yup! never been a MiSa fan). Thank God they saved this by killing Michael in the end!
That being said, Prison Break will always be one of my favourite tv shows (not that I have many).It's just that it used to come second after LOST, now it comes third, after LOST and Supernatural!

Supernatural is really that good (no sarcasm, really asking)? I've literally only watched five minutes of one episode, and I know you can't get a feel for the quality of a show off of such a short amount of viewing, but it seemed really cheesy. It felt like a kids show. But I still have an open mind to it cause I know there are PLENTY of moments in LOST that would come off the same way for someone who nothing about it.

You recommend me at least taking a look at the first few episodes?

Btw, what does 's/l' mean?
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby ARIS3 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Thirty-Fiver wrote:Supernatural is really that good (no sarcasm, really asking)? I've literally only watched five minutes of one episode, and I know you can't get a feel for the quality of a show off of such a short amount of viewing, but it seemed really cheesy. It felt like a kids show. But I still have an open mind to it cause I know there are PLENTY of moments in LOST that would come off the same way for someone who nothing about it.

You recommend me at least taking a look at the first few episodes?

Btw, what does 's/l' mean?

s/l=storyline (I recently found out about it myself! :D )
As for Supernatural, my first reaction when I first watched a random episode on a local channel was "well, another american tv show with two handsome guys, just for girls who want eye candy". This happened about 3 years ago. Last August, I found it again, I watched more episodes and I got really obsessed! Trust me it has nothing to do with "cheesy" ;)
ARIS3
Supporting Actor

Postby DharmaLager on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:35 pm

I enjoyed all the seasons of Prision Break - though didn't always enjoy the final season. I think the movie is important, however, as it really adds some more sense to the Season 4 Finale.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Return to Prison Break Discussion [No spoilers!]