Prison Break canceled

General discussion for 'Prison Break'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Prison Break canceled

Postby Joshjb on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:53 pm

http://spoilertv-prisonbreak.blogspot.c ... -this.html

What are your thoughts on the cancellation? I'm personally relieved. Prison Break is a great show, but I think it was about time. The writers seemed to run out of ideas after the first season ended and since then they've been doing their best to keep the show alive, but it just isn't the same anymore. I personally would have ended the show after the first season - after all, it was about breaking out of prison, and they succeeded.

I'm not fully caught up on the fourth season yet, but I will catch up soon. I'm very curious to see how it ends, hopefully it will be as good as the beginning was. :)
ImageImage
Joshjb
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Prison Break canceled

Postby Tranquility on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Good decision. I really love the show but now it feels like a good time to end it. The last few episodes should be kickass!
Tranquility
Supporting Actor

Postby Jumarg on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:20 am

But I thought everyone knew this already!?
Before season 4 was released, Wentworth Miller said in an interview that this would most likely be the last season of PB. So I was expecting it already.

Yeah, I think that the show really needs to end, season 1 was the best, then the other two were so,so, and this last one is enough. I started to lose interest on S3.
Jumarg
Supporting Actor

Postby DarkUFO on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:23 am

Sad but I agree with the decision.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby ARIS3 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:25 am

For those of us who used to read every information in every possible site or blog,this was not sth unexpected.What really annoyed me is the late date and the day(Friday).I'm from Greece so I have no idea why the Americans consider Friday as the worst day to put a tv show on but since this is a fact I think that FOX is making a totally wrong move that shows ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT to such a popular show as Prison Break.No,I didn't want a fifth season,but I want the show to have a decent end and FOX just doesn't allow this to happen...
ARIS3
Supporting Actor

Postby ally88 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:34 pm

I don't want PB to end.. But I think it's the best decision after all..

I hope that the ending will be awesome!
"It worked"
ally88
Viewer

Postby w4vy on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Can't say I'm surprised really. I agree with all those who think that it should of ended after season 1 or maybe 2 but I do hope that they give it a good ending and just don't say that's that and we're done for the true PB fans.
w4vy
Viewer

Postby enders on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:56 pm

I thought it should of ended after season 2. Season 2 was jut as good as season 1 in my opinion.

Seasons 3 and 4 definitely weren't needed though. After Kellerman and Kim and after the president vanished, the show wasn't as interesting anymore. Though it was nice to get to see Mahone and Michael working together.

I just hope that they actually planned for season 4 to be the last season and the ending isn't rushed and crappy. There's only 6 episodes left right? Plus two hours for something else (2 more episodes or a movie). Doesn't seem like a lot of time to finish it, especially when they just brought back their mom.
enders
Viewer

Postby steveuk2009 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Sad to see it go but its the correct decision. Its time for it to end has come really hope they give them the extra 2 hours so it can get the proper ending it deserves to get.

enders wrote:I thought it should of ended after season 2. Season 2 was jut as good as season 1 in my opinion.

Seasons 3 and 4 definitely weren't needed though. After Kellerman and Kim and after the president vanished, the show wasn't as interesting anymore. Though it was nice to get to see Mahone and Michael working together.

I just hope that they actually planned for season 4 to be the last season and the ending isn't rushed and crappy. There's only 6 episodes left right? Plus two hours for something else (2 more episodes or a movie). Doesn't seem like a lot of time to finish it, especially when they just brought back their mom.

Its depends when the producers/writers were told as i remember reading it might of been on here a while back that they needed roughly 5 episodes to drive it towards the finish they have planned
steveuk2009
Stunt Double

Postby Dea on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:41 pm

ally88 wrote:I don't want PB to end.. But I think it's the best decision after all..

I hope that the ending will be awesome!

i hope so too.
Michael or Sara could die.:((((
Dea
Viewer

Postby ally88 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:54 pm

Michael or Sara could die.

I'm sure Sara won't die.. I don't know Michael.. :cry:
"It worked"
ally88
Viewer

Postby iamsolost on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:58 pm

I am just releived that they will be able to wrap up the show properly instead of just pulling it. The show had a great run, but sadly it is time to end.
Thank You Magic Box for this outstanding siggy& beautiful avatar
iamsolost
Stunt Double

Postby b3rt4 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:41 pm

It's the best decision...
Hopefully everybody will die. :PP

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby isabelle on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:52 pm

They couldn't have dragged it out much longer. In and out of prison gets too repetitive. Ending now is the right decision.
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby ivaja on Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:28 pm

I beliveve it's right decision to end it now, even though it's sad one. But I don't like the idea that it will air on Friday, it's like FOX has no respect for the hit shgow like this. And I really hope for some happy ending for MISA.
ivaja
Extra

Next

Return to Prison Break Discussion [No spoilers!]