Supernatural Sanctuary: The Positive Place

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Supernatural Sanctuary: The Positive Place

Postby Dahne on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:19 am

Welcome! In here you will find refuge from the naysayers, a place to dwell on the positive things about the show. Talk about why you love Supernatural, examine the times the show made you cry or laugh out loud, and relive those favorite scenes. In short, fan your heart out. You will find only like-minds in here.

P.S. To make this enjoyable for all, absolutely no talk about who the better character is, who's the better actor, etc. This is not a competition but a chance to bask in the fabulousness of Supernatural. Enjoy!
Dahne
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Supernatural Sanctuary: The Positive Place

Postby jillyanne on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:21 am

Thanks for setting this up Dahne - I think I'll be coming here a lot -there's so much good stuff to say about SPN
jillyanne
Viewer

Postby Dahne on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:25 am

What I like about Supernatural? That could be a book. When I watched the first episode, I liked that Jess died. No love triangle here. I loved the music and Metallicar. I loved that I was creeped out by Constance (now she seems tame). I super loved the one-liners and "No chick flick moments." It was like I was seeing something new and yet still old-fashioned in that it was essentially about 2 brothers. I'm a sucker for brother stories, not sure why.

That's just what I loved about the first episode off the top of my head. We are well past 100 episodes, so yep, I could definitely write a book.

I once did a "Why I Love Supernatural" photo stream all in Motivators because some people were throwing out the same old insults about the show. If I can upload them from Flickr, I'll add them too.
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby jillyanne on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:02 pm

I didn't even know about Supernatural till my son asked me to record for him cause he was working late. The next day I happened to walk into the room just as Lilith arrived and nuked the cop station in Jus in Bello. So naturally I needed to know what was going on. I was completely hooked from that moment on.

Love: the humor, the gore, the angst, the characters, the music, pretty much everything really.
Oh and it doesn't hurt that Jared and Jensen are both very nice to look at.
jillyanne
Viewer

Postby hmbb on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:55 pm

I like the brother interaction. The quips between the brothers that make the episode humorous yet touching at the same time. I like the originality of the storylines each week.
hmbb
Show Expert

Postby Pigeon666 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:48 pm

I discovered Supernatural when I was channel surfing and came across Faith. I watched a few more episoes, and I was hooked.

I love the angst, music, gore, and mystery, as well as the whole free will vs. destiny thing.

Favourite episode: What is and what should never be. :)
"Some people are like slinkies: completely useless, but put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs."
"Do these tacos taste funny to you?" - Dean Winchester

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
Pigeon666
Show Expert

Postby Lord Brad III on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:46 pm

I started watching SPN from the beginning because I kept seeing so many people in forums talking about it. I wanted to know why it was so popular, as it seemed. So I've watched every episode straight up until last Friday, and I'm still lovin it. I gotta admit, though, The Apocalypse storyline has been my favorite thing they've ever done thus far. Just imagine if they had a bigger budget!
"We're good and lost now." Barbossa
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Location: 423 Miles To The East Of Here...At Least I Think It's East...

Postby Dahne on Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:49 am

What is and What Should Never Be is my favorite also, although Faith has a special place in my heart. For me the turning point was Dead in the Water. I liked it from the premiere but Dead in the Water hooked me on Dean's character and it's been appointment TV ever since.

Lord Brad, just curious. Did you start watching 6 years ago or have you recently started and have already caught up through 6 seasons?
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Mia494 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:24 pm

I also discovered it during channel surfing, only I was lucky enough it was the Pilot. The first thing that made me focus on that channel was Jared and Jensen. I previously knew them as Dean from Gilmore Girls and Alec from Dark Angel (both shows I loved), so I got interested - what kind of show are these two together in? Next minute I discovered it was a horror-like show and that fact made me even more interested ;) the next morning (Supernatural usually airs at night where I live), the first thing I did was to check the show's name. And so I sticked with it, watching seasons 1-3 on TV, but couldn't wait any longer for season 4 (you guys were already halfway through season 5 then), so I switched to the net. I watched seasons 4 and 5 last spring.

What I love about the show? Too much to name!
As simple as it is, I love Sam and Dean. BOTH! I think they're both amazing, complex, intriguing characters, who developed beautifully through the show. Great personalities, for me it's just impossible to even dislike any of them, not to mention hate. I am a Dean girl, but I love Sammy almost as much.

I love the family interactions. I mean, family is what defines Supernatural. Starting from what I think is the best brotherly realtionship ever introduced on TV, through the boys' complicated and brilliantly acted relations with John, to the family-like bond with Bobby.

I love the horror and urban legend roots of the show. I love the mythology with all it's details (salt, the Colt, exorcisms, angel blood spells, burning bones, monsters, holy water, Ruby's knife, fake IDs, guns, silver knifes etc).

I love the Impala!!! and Dean's amulet. And his leather jacket.

I love the humour and the way they connect comedy with angst, drama and tragedy inside single episodes. It's like one second you laugh, the next you're too shocked to cry. Mystery Spot is the great example.

And I love so much more about this show...
Mia494
Viewer

Postby Dahne on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:12 pm

I like how we get so many genres in one episode too. I like how we start cringing from the bloody PiP death, then laugh at the snarkiness, only to get scared at what's about to happen, then crash into the action, and wrap-up with a dose of drama. No other show does the mix so well and so consistently. There is literally something for everyone in Supernatural.
Dahne
Show Expert

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]