So, how did you find Supernatural?

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

So, how did you find Supernatural?

Postby Bec666 on Sat May 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Sorry if this has been done before but I was curious, how did you guys find Supernatural? Were you there for the first show or did you find out about it later?
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: So, how did you find Supernatural?

Postby Two Sides on Sat May 28, 2011 1:50 pm

I only started watching in January :D I caught up pretty quick and it became one of my favourite shows!

It was all the fuss on the SpoilerTV site that convinced me to watch, that and a member here called Elize who's kinda obsessive about it :whistle:

So yeah, I love it. Just started my first ever rewatch :O
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Bec666 on Sat May 28, 2011 2:00 pm

I found it in the middle of Season 4 but not on CW. Netflix recommended it to me as something I might like. I got Season 1 disc 1 and was hooked. Went out and bought the first 3 seasons the next day. I have them all now and have worn out Season One. I had to buy a new copy. :)
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby silvershadow6 on Sat May 28, 2011 4:00 pm

I'd never heard of it until my then-boyfriend was spending the week and we were watching tv when an ad came up saying "Next up: Supernatural". It was season 2 episode 4 Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things on Wednesday the 9th of December, 2009. He said it's a good show about ghosts and urban legends and things, so I said okay and we watched it. I was instantly hooked, watched the rest of season 2 on tv, then watched season 4, then went back and watched seasons 1 - 5 and downloaded all of season 6. I am forever grateful to him for introducing me to the most amazing show ever.
silvershadow6
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat May 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Bec clued me in to it when she found it on Netflix and began sharing the DVD's with me and I was instantly hooked. I now own all five seasons and like bec have worn out Seasons 1 and 2 and had to buy new copies! Just love everything about this show!!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Bec666 on Sat May 28, 2011 4:30 pm

:thumbsup: Welcome CL
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat May 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Thanks, bec! :thumbup:
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Pigeon666 on Sat May 28, 2011 6:26 pm

I found the show when it was midway through season 3, and after warching my first episode (Faith) I was instantly hooked. Started watching avidly in season 4.

Edit: Also it takes avery, very special show to keep me interested for six seasons and counting.
Last edited by Pigeon666 on Sat May 28, 2011 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people are like slinkies: completely useless, but put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs."
"Do these tacos taste funny to you?" - Dean Winchester

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
Pigeon666
Show Expert

Postby Dahne on Sat May 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Sounds like I'm one of the few that started when the pilot aired. I watched several WB shows so when it was promoted as a companion to Buffy and the X-Files, I put it on my to watch list. Having Jared Padalecki from Gilmore Girls was a plus too. When I watches the pilot, I was immediately hooked by Mary dying at the beginning and I thought the episode was creepy and interesting. But what really got me was the fact that they killed Jessica. When she first came on, I groaned "future love triangle." When they killed her off, I knew it wouldn't be a typical WB show. However, it was Dean stooping to Lucas' level and talking to him not at him in Dead in the Water that made Supernatural appointment TV for me. I've spent 6 years following the Winchesters, longer than any other show I've obsessed over, and the journey has been great the whole way through. Can't wait until season 7.
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Bec666 on Sat May 28, 2011 7:29 pm

I hear you Dahne, when I saw the pilot I knew I was hooked. I think the bond between the brothers was so amazing and it still is. This is the ONLY network show I watch and I can't wait for Season 7. :)
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby Gary Troup on Sat May 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Two Sides wrote:It was all the fuss on the SpoilerTV site that convinced me to watch, that and a member here called Elize who's kinda obsessive about it :whistle:

This :lol:
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby Woongo on Sat May 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Gary Troup wrote:
Two Sides wrote:It was all the fuss on the SpoilerTV site that convinced me to watch, that and a member here called Elize who's kinda obsessive about it :whistle:

This :lol:

Yep, this as well :)
"No use in having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them." - Locke

Thanks to Devil's Arcade for the signature!

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat May 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Dahne wrote:Sounds like I'm one of the few that started when the pilot aired. I watched several WB shows so when it was promoted as a companion to Buffy and the X-Files, I put it on my to watch list. Having Jared Padalecki from Gilmore Girls was a plus too. When I watches the pilot, I was immediately hooked by Mary dying at the beginning and I thought the episode was creepy and interesting. But what really got me was the fact that they killed Jessica. When she first came on, I groaned "future love triangle." When they killed her off, I knew it wouldn't be a typical WB show. However, it was Dean stooping to Lucas' level and talking to him not at him in Dead in the Water that made Supernatural appointment TV for me. I've spent 6 years following the Winchesters, longer than any other show I've obsessed over, and the journey has been great the whole way through. Can't wait until season 7.

I hear you there, Dahne. I was definitely hooked at the pilot, which is rare for me. Most network shows just aren't that well written (as a writer myself that's a particular bug of mine!) but this one really is. The story drew you in and Jared and Jensen sealed the deal, along with the incomparable Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I still wish we could've spent a little more time with Dad. At any rate, I love that the writers/producers never do what you expect them to, that's what makes you keep coming back for more. That and these amazing characters who Jared and Jensen make seem like real brothers. :thumbup:
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Dahne on Sun May 29, 2011 6:05 pm

One of my favorite things about Supernatural is how it can still surprise me. Every time I think i know where it is going they gobsmack me with something new. Most importantly, it's not new for new's sake but actually makes sense with the plot. That's something most shows cannot pull off.

I also agree that it is the brother relationship that seals the deal with Supernatural. Jensen and Jared work so well together and have a natural sibling chemistry so right from the beginning I bought that they were family. It helped make me care about these characters quicker than most shows. No matter where the plot goes, as long as the brothers fight evil together, I'm there.
Dahne
Show Expert

Postby Bec666 on Sun May 29, 2011 7:17 pm

One thing you can always count on with this show is what you think is going to happen, usually doesn't. I can't remember how many times they've zinged me at the end of an episode. Season 5 was a killer about that.
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Next

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]