CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby 427_Impala on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:12 am

*dips toe in the metaphorical water of a new forum* :hmm:

Firstly - OMG, I love these smileys!! :w00t:

So, hi - some of you will remember me as bronzedaussie from the CW lounge. *waves* I've been over at Ash and Harley's new board for the last day or so, but I'm branching out hoping to find some more familiar faces. And some new, non-familiar ones :) Loving the layout of this board so far!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Twitter ~ My fanfic
427_Impala
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:33 am

pandoraTHExplora wrote:
magoghair wrote:Thanks for the heads up GG!! I stepped out a little yesterday.....and its so nice to see people be so accepting of newbies into the conversation.

So thanks you guys for making us all feel welcome!!

Can anyone tell me if there is an american horror story thread? I looked a little bit in the other show section ,but I havent gone thru all of them yet...

And YAY!! My Buddy Sharlot is here!!! Sharlot is like my fanfic twin sister,and she is an amazing writer you have to read her story "killing me softly" about a dark muse over on fanfic.net....its one of the most well written fanfic stories I've ever read. Its so vivid you can actually picture it in your head.

Its nice to hear that its not as inactive....though its kinda nice that it is at the moment,because its going to take awhile to feel like I fit in...or that i'm like HOME

woot! hey gg and sharlot!! glad to see more people coming together here!

Sharlot, you write fanfic? i'd love to check you out! what's your screen name over there? i love reading SN fanfic, especially hurt!dean stuff. what's your specialty?

She's Sharlot over at fanfiction.net. You HAVE to check her story Dark Muse out. Its her first multi chapter story,and OMG its to die for. :wub: :thumbsup:

I'm so glad to see more people coming together here. I've also seen that more people have decided to join twitter,and are still trying to find others there. I heard today that captivefan JUST found out today about the CW. She had been busy with her mom's funeral. She at least had some contact info with fellow fans ,so she'll be able to find a Home I think.

People are still kinda floating around. Several still undecided. I like Tens and Ash and Harely's boards,but I like this for a public board. Its easier for us all to keep in touch and not be scattered everywhere.

And yeah I'm loving these smilies...now when I watch a sad episode I can use the sad and crying smilie
Last edited by magoghair on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When have we ever done normal?!"
magoghair
Extra

Postby anicat on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:16 am

*Flutters in*

Hey everyone! Familiar faces! *joy*

We are like a ginormous flock of birds, all tossed into the air and scattered to the winds, but we are slowly finding our way back to each other and reforming the flock as we touch down in a new home. :)

OR we are like black Levi goo....blown apart but now oozing back to reform our vessel. :scared:

Profound, followed by horror...yeah you can tell what fandom I'm a member of. Image :lol:

ImageImageImage
Gotta dash, things happening! Well, four things. Well, four things and a lizard. - The Doctor

I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research! - Sherlock
anicat
Viewer

Postby metalamazon on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:39 am

Hello you all! :)

On the old Forums I've been a lurker most of the time, so I don't know if anybody remembers me, as I haven't posted a lot. But nevertheless I'm sad they shut it down. And happy to have found this new haven!

It's nice to see so many familiar people here! :kissface:

And the smilies really rule! (H)
metalamazon
Viewer

Postby DarkUFO on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:17 am

Welcome to the new joiners, glad that you've found a new home. :thumbsup:

We hope you enjoy these forums for many years to come.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Sharlot on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:53 am

pandoraTHExplora wrote:
magoghair wrote:Thanks for the heads up GG!! I stepped out a little yesterday.....and its so nice to see people be so accepting of newbies into the conversation.

Can anyone tell me if there is an american horror story thread? I looked a little bit in the other show section ,but I havent gone thru all of them yet...

And YAY!! My Buddy Sharlot is here!!! Sharlot is like my fanfic twin sister,and she is an amazing writer you have to read her story the Dark Muse over on fanfic.net....its one of the most well written fanfic stories I've ever read. Its so vivid you can actually picture it in your head.

Its nice to hear that its not as inactive....though its kinda nice that it is at the moment,because its going to take awhile to feel like I fit in...or that i'm like HOME

Sharlot, you write fanfic? i'd love to check you out! what's your screen name over there? i love reading SN fanfic, especially hurt!dean stuff. what's your specialty?

I only started writing fanfic this past summer so I have a grand total of two titles. /snort. But I'm currently working on a third that will be out probably in February if all goes well. My login name on ffdotnet is "Sharlot". My longer fic is a Dean-centric hurt/comfort story. I see that we can post links, but I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links to just anywhere yet, so just do a search on ffdotnet for "Sharlot" or "Killing Me Softly" (my main story title) and either should get you where you want to go.
Sharlot
Viewer

Postby Geordiegirl1967 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:37 pm

I am liking this forum for user-friendliness. Spoiler tags, quotes, links at the click of a button. Nice smilies. Links allowed. No green goo everywhere. No promos for other shows distracting you. So far so good.

Nice to see a few more folks finding their way here (hey Sharlot :-D )

(Having a senior moment. Am sure I posted something along these lines earlier but it isn't here! :S )
Geordiegirl1967
Viewer

Postby DarkUFO on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Geordiegirl1967 wrote:I am liking this forum for user-friendliness. Spoiler tags, quotes, links at the click of a button. Nice smilies. Links allowed. No green goo everywhere. No promos for other shows distracting you. So far so good.

Nice to see a few more folks finding their way here (hey Sharlot :-D )

(Having a senior moment. Am sure I posted something along these lines earlier but it isn't here! :S )

Glad you are enjoying it. :thumbup:

If you every have any suggestions etc we're always willing to listen. We have a special forum for that here

viewforum.php?f=28
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Sharlot wrote:
pandoraTHExplora wrote:

And YAY!! My Buddy Sharlot is here!!! Sharlot is like my fanfic twin sister,and she is an amazing writer you have to read her story the Dark Muse over on fanfic.net....its one of the most well written fanfic stories I've ever read. Its so vivid you can actually picture it in your head.

I only started writing fanfic this past summer so I have a grand total of two titles. /snort. But I'm currently working on a third that will be out probably in February if all goes well. My login name on ffdotnet is "Sharlot". My longer fic is a Dean-centric hurt/comfort story. I see that we can post links, but I'm not sure if it's allowed to post links to just anywhere yet, so just do a search on ffdotnet for "Sharlot" or "Killing Me Softly" (my main story title) and either should get you where you want to go.

OMG I had a blonde moment.... its called "killing me softly" ABOUT a Dark Muse. I dont know why I keep calling it Dark Muse....I guess cause the character was just so amazing that when I think about the story I automatically think of that character.

EDIT....had another one,and put my post in qoutes...D'oh....i'm learning... :P
Last edited by magoghair on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magoghair
Extra

Postby ILoveEmBoth on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Hello, fellow refugees! I was relatively new to the forum, but had gotten to know several of you at least somewhat, prior to "the tragedy". Oh well, it may turn out to be a better thing in the end. I like this site, and everyone seems quite nice and welcoming. Thanks, Dark and Others! Also, thanks Mags - this little "safehouse" thread was a really good idea. I hope to see some other names that were familiar from before, but I also look forward to meeting new folks. Anyway...onward...!
Yeah right…Nice guess…Right, you’re a mind-reader…Cut it out, Sam...Sam…You think you’re being funny, but you’re being really really childish…Sam Winchester wears makeup…Sam Winchester cries his way through sex…Sam Winchester keeps a ruler by the bed, and every morning when he wakes up…OK, enough!

Image Image
ILoveEmBoth
Viewer

Postby DarkUFO on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:25 pm

ILoveEmBoth wrote:Hello, fellow refugees! I was relatively new to the forum, but had gotten to know several of you at least somewhat, prior to "the tragedy". Oh well, it may turn out to be a better thing in the end. I like this site, and everyone seems quite nice and welcoming. Thanks, Dark and Others! Also, thanks Mags - this little "safehouse" thread was a really good idea. I hope to see some other names that were familiar from before, but I also look forward to meeting new folks. Anyway...onward...!

Welcome aboard! :thumbup:
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby ILoveEmBoth on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Hey, Bec (or anyone else who knows) where do you get the little video avatars in your signature? Thanks!
Yeah right…Nice guess…Right, you’re a mind-reader…Cut it out, Sam...Sam…You think you’re being funny, but you’re being really really childish…Sam Winchester wears makeup…Sam Winchester cries his way through sex…Sam Winchester keeps a ruler by the bed, and every morning when he wakes up…OK, enough!

Image Image
ILoveEmBoth
Viewer

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:48 pm

Hey gang!

Wow spoiler tv. I used to only come here to check out Lost spoilers!

LC/SNLC dropping by. I saw surf'n'turf got a new name so thought, hey me too!

Thanks for the extended hand to Spoiler TV - and thanks for having much cooler smilies! :w00t:
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer

Postby DarkUFO on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Sir Lurkalot wrote:Hey gang!

Thanks for the extended hand to Spoiler TV - and thanks for having much cooler smilies! :w00t:

Welcome the Forums . Glad you like the smilies!

:rockon:
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Sir Lurkalot wrote:Hey gang!

:rofl: I LOVE the new name Sir Lurkalot!!!

I'm glad you came to join us!!! :thumbup: :w00t:

-- Merged Double Post --

ILoveEmBoth wrote:Hello, fellow refugees! I was relatively new to the forum, but had gotten to know several of you at least somewhat, prior to "the tragedy". Oh well, it may turn out to be a better thing in the end. I like this site, and everyone seems quite nice and welcoming. Thanks, Dark and Others! Also, thanks Mags - this little "safehouse" thread was a really good idea. I hope to see some other names that were familiar from before, but I also look forward to meeting new folks. Anyway...onward...!

Thanks! I figured people would be able to find each other if we had a place to do so. Plus I felt like the CW had walked us off the plank,and into the deep dark ocean of the internet. :cry:

Everyone here has just really supportive,and welcoming,and super nice. We've even been able to join in a few discussions...thats how awesome everyone is here.

:wub:
magoghair
Extra

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]