CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby magoghair on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:15 pm

if you keep scrolling down,there is a "other shows" section. You can search in there for Castle. They have AHS in the other show section,and some walking dead...and others...just check it out,if there is none you might could start one in the other show section...
"When have we ever done normal?!"
magoghair
Extra

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Oh I see, there is a thread in there indeed.

And they are speculating it might not get renewed, aargh! :cry:

Here's a thought, I saw many old CW posters saying they are now boycutting CW shows, including SPN, as a reaction to the treatment, and also encouraging people that know any Nielsen rating people to ask them to do the same.

Now imagine they won't win either of their 2 PCAs, would this be impact enough to end it here and do you think the execs in CW would even know the reason for the low ratings then?
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer

Postby Gaussian on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi! New here. I was registered over at the CW boards, but was mostly a lurker. :blush:

Honestly, I'm in complete shock at the recent turn of events. :x I hope our "little show that could" will still have a network, if there's a possibility of season 8.

Well, anyway this looks like a really cool board. I might even post every once in awhile. :rofl: (Love the smilies! :PP )
Gaussian
Viewer

Postby Pigeon666 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:26 pm

I don't think that boycotting the shows will do any good against the CW. Boycotting the network, certainly, but otherwise it would just kill their shows.
"Some people are like slinkies: completely useless, but put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs."
"Do these tacos taste funny to you?" - Dean Winchester

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
Pigeon666
Show Expert

Postby Bec666 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:58 pm

I have to agree. Boycotting the shows is just going to kill the ratings and inch a lot of shows closer to cancellation.
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Agreed. While I empathize with the way they treated you guys and your board there, I don't think boycotting the shows is the way to go.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:10 pm

Oh I have no intention of doing so myself. I find their actions stupid, but I watched SPN long before I joined the CW boards.

However some of the long time users have made statements like these I've seen elsewhere, not only SPN viewers. If the ratings do hurt from it, I'm simply wondering if the CW would know their actions had part of the blame and not just the writing/directing of the shows.
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:19 pm

I have to agree that boycotting would be a stupid move on our part. The show is still awesome,and all boycotting would do is hurt us and everyone involved with bringing us the show including the boys.

Just because the network is shortsighted and rude,doesnt mean we have to make our show pay. At the least we should prove that though they separated us,we still stand strong as a fandom ,and that NOTHING will keep us from watching our favorite show.

The CW is only going to care about the fact that they can reach more and new fans on a social media,not that some fans got lost in the shuffle. If the ratings go down ,it will just put us on the chopping block ,and give them more roomm to try something that might bring more viewers to the Network.
magoghair
Extra

Postby Gaussian on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:55 pm

I agree, boycotting is a bad idea, BUT maybe thinking twice about ever giving one of their new shows a look :hmm: , that would be a smart move. So, unless they cast someone I have to watch....like say Ben Browder, from Farscape or Michael Shanks from Stargate SG1 etc....(the list goes on.... :thumbsup: ), then I can just give the CW a pass.
Gaussian
Viewer

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Gaussian wrote:I agree, boycotting is a bad idea, BUT maybe thinking twice about ever giving one of their new shows a look :hmm: , that would be a smart move. So, unless they cast someone I have to watch....like say Ben Browder, from Farscape or Michael Shanks from Stargate SG1 etc....(the list goes on.... :thumbsup: ), then I can just give the CW a pass.

I forgot! Welcome to the world of no lurking Gaussian!

Like your name :thumbup:

-- Merged Double Post --

ReedusChick21 wrote:
Sir Lurkalot wrote:We can have friends and foes. So far surf and Mags are clearly foes - wonder if I'll find any friends here! :wub:

Thank you for the nice welcomes all, it's always nice to feel welcome from the get go.

You're such a dork. :rofl:

How did I miss this...

I may be a dork, but I wear it like a playa! :whistle:
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer

Postby ILoveEmBoth on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Couldn't agree more! Changing our behavior or attitude toward the show is beyond bad...Stupid decision by the CW, but I want nothing but more viewers, longevity, and good things for the show. Besides, as long as we have someplace to go and discuss with like-minded people, the CWBS (as I will now call it), wasn't so tragic. Douche-y but not that tragic... :P
Yeah right…Nice guess…Right, you’re a mind-reader…Cut it out, Sam...Sam…You think you’re being funny, but you’re being really really childish…Sam Winchester wears makeup…Sam Winchester cries his way through sex…Sam Winchester keeps a ruler by the bed, and every morning when he wakes up…OK, enough!

Image Image
ILoveEmBoth
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:23 pm

Gaussian wrote:I agree, boycotting is a bad idea, BUT maybe thinking twice about ever giving one of their new shows a look :hmm: , that would be a smart move. So, unless they cast someone I have to watch....like say Ben Browder, from Farscape or Michael Shanks from Stargate SG1 etc....(the list goes on.... :thumbsup: ), then I can just give the CW a pass.

I've always said after supernatural the CW will be history for me. Just with the way they treat fans,there is no way I want to become addicted to another CW show.

But I WONT stop watching supernatural,I'm on that train ride till the VERY end.
magoghair
Extra

Postby ReedusChick21 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:36 pm

I watch Supernatural, Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixe and The Vampire Diaries no way am I boycotting, half of what I watch on tv is on the cw. :rofl: Though this season of Gossip Girl has sucked, cough Dan all of a sudden in love with Blair is stupid Chuck and Blair FTW cough.

Hart of Dixe is very adorable though and I love The Vampire Diaries, Team Damon!! :wub:

I get being mad by what happened but boycotting hurts Supernatural and therefore hurts J2 and makes them outta a job and that is not a cool thing to do. Besides I didn't spend days and hours voting for the PCA's for Supernatural for no reason now. My right index finger will never be the same again because I voted my butt off and that's my clicking the mouse finger. :PP

Oh edit sorry I didn't know you couldn't say the p word for being mad. :blush:
ReedusChick21
Viewer

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:36 am

I have a question!

How off topic are we allowed to go when we make new threads? :w00t:

I may have one or two things I want to post but am not sure if it's allowed! :scared:
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer

Postby Bec666 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:40 pm

I have no issue with off topic conversations. However I have noticed they can get a little strict around here on what you post and where you post it. I posted a Supernatural trivia thread once and they moved it all the way down to a board that had nothing to do with Supernatural. Go for it but don't be surprised if your thread disappears. :)
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]