CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby percysowner on Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Prepare to welcome more posters on board. The WB just shut down their boards. If you go there you get a 404 error not found message and the further explanation that this page no longer exists. They REALLY, REALLY don't want us posting.

So Hi, to any refugees from the CW and the WB boards.
percysowner
Viewer
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:23 pm
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby DarkUFO on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:44 pm

percysowner wrote:Prepare to welcome more posters on board. The WB just shut down their boards. If you go there you get a 404 error not found message and the further explanation that this page no longer exists. They REALLY, REALLY don't want us posting.

So Hi, to any refugees from the CW and the WB boards.


Thanks, yep I saw that as well and thanks for sending the info through to us.
User avatar
DarkUFO
Administrator
 
Posts: 9036
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: UK
Gender: Male

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby ARIS3 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:01 am

percysowner wrote:Prepare to welcome more posters on board. The WB just shut down their boards. If you go there you get a 404 error not found message and the further explanation that this page no longer exists. They REALLY, REALLY don't want us posting.

So Hi, to any refugees from the CW and the WB boards.
Hi Percy!!!
Well, I'm not exactly new here (I've been year even before I join the CW Lounge) but I haven't been here for ages!!!
User avatar
ARIS3
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 594
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:24 pm
Gender: Female

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby magoghair on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:29 am

percysowner wrote:Prepare to welcome more posters on board. The WB just shut down their boards. If you go there you get a 404 error not found message and the further explanation that this page no longer exists. They REALLY, REALLY don't want us posting.

So Hi, to any refugees from the CW and the WB boards.


Those guys just really got that place going too!! I wonder if they can start a skeptics thread over here.....
"When have we ever done normal?!"
User avatar
magoghair
Extra
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:05 am
Gender: Female

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:24 pm

What happened here by the way?

When looking through the forums a lot looked to have been active at some point, but now I see plenty where the latest entry was months back.

You've been hit by spambots or something?
User avatar
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:36 pm
Location: So, you heard about Pluto? That's messed up.
Gender: Male

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby Pigeon666 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:35 am

Nah. More atraction to the main site is a huge factor, especially with a new points system and bagdeville, so alot of forumgoers ust kinda abandoned us. It's been about a core group of five SPN fans for a wile now. Thats wy we need you guys.
"Some people are like slinkies: completely useless, but put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs."
Image
Image
"Do these tacos taste funny to you?" - Dean Winchester

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
User avatar
Pigeon666
Show Expert
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:59 pm
Location: Behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby Bec666 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:49 am

Yeah they are pushing the main spoiler board and talk there. While that's great it really killed the forums. We've been trying but for a lot of the time as Pigeon said, it was only a few of us here. So you guys are really welcome.

As for skeptic? threads? Yes you can post them but you can not mention any rumors, upcoming previews, etc without using the 'spoiler' tag. Don't ask me why.. I haven't agreed with it when the preview has already been on TV. BUT I play by the rules and grumble under my breathe. :)
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Image
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
User avatar
Bec666
Guest Star
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 6:10 pm
Location: Long Island, New York
Gender: Female

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby Geordiegirl1967 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Bec666 wrote:As for skeptic? threads? Yes you can post them but you can not mention any rumors, upcoming previews, etc without using the 'spoiler' tag.

I am only one voice I know, so not trying to impose my will or anything. But can I put a bid in for NOT starting up the sceptics threads here? I'm no huge Cas fan, so it isn't about that. But having a thread dedicated to being anti one character didn't show the CW Lounge in the best light IMO. It gave us a bit of a poor rep on other boards too. Happy to go with the flow, and in a sense it makes no difference to me because I wouldn't post in it anyway as I am all about positivity, but that is my 2p worth :)
Geordiegirl1967
Viewer
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:14 am
Gender: Female

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby Sharlot on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Geordiegirl1967 wrote:
Bec666 wrote:As for skeptic? threads? Yes you can post them but you can not mention any rumors, upcoming previews, etc without using the 'spoiler' tag.

I am only one voice I know, so not trying to impose my will or anything. But can I put a bid in for NOT starting up the sceptics threads here? I'm no huge Cas fan, so it isn't about that. But having a thread dedicated to being anti one character didn't show the CW Lounge in the best light IMO. It gave us a bit of a poor rep on other boards too. Happy to go with the flow, and in a sense it makes no difference to me because I wouldn't post in it anyway as I am all about positivity, but that is my 2p worth :)


I heartily dislike censorship, but yeah...I never saw such weird, obsessive hate for a fictional character in my life as I saw on the CW Boards. But, whatever. I happened to love Cas. Still do. I never particularly felt the need to defend my position, though, so I never got into it with any of the skeptics. I just kept my mouth shut and went about my business. I wasn't a prolific poster, anyway. If the thread comes here, I can weather it like I did over there, but I'd rather not be a part of such a contentious board again...and I'm not just talking about the Skeptics. I'm talking about the constant bro-wars, too. There were some really aggressive rows a time or two. Of course, as long as I just read and didn't jump into the muck, it could be good, popcorn-munching entertaining. But I'm willing to save the calories and have more mature discussions instead.
User avatar
Sharlot
Viewer
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:49 am
Gender: Female

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby magoghair on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Sharlot wrote:
Geordiegirl1967 wrote:
Bec666 wrote:As for skeptic? threads? Yes you can post them but you can not mention any rumors, upcoming previews, etc without using the 'spoiler' tag.

I am only one voice I know, so not trying to impose my will or anything. But can I put a bid in for NOT starting up the sceptics threads here? I'm no huge Cas fan, so it isn't about that. But having a thread dedicated to being anti one character didn't show the CW Lounge in the best light IMO. It gave us a bit of a poor rep on other boards too. Happy to go with the flow, and in a sense it makes no difference to me because I wouldn't post in it anyway as I am all about positivity, but that is my 2p worth :)


I heartily dislike censorship, but yeah...I never saw such weird, obsessive hate for a fictional character in my life as I saw on the CW Boards. But, whatever. I happened to love Cas. Still do. I never particularly felt the need to defend my position, though, so I never got into it with any of the skeptics. I just kept my mouth shut and went about my business. I wasn't a prolific poster, anyway. If the thread comes here, I can weather it like I did over there, but I'd rather not be a part of such a contentious board again...and I'm not just talking about the Skeptics. I'm talking about the constant bro-wars, too. There were some really aggressive rows a time or two. Of course, as long as I just read and didn't jump into the muck, it could be good, popcorn-munching entertaining. But I'm willing to save the calories and have more mature discussions instead.


I dont hate Cas,but I never had the same amount of "LOVE" for the character that others had. Initially I thought the character was awesome,but just didnt like how the writers handled him.


That Being Said,I really just wanted to make any skeptics feel welcome here. I didnt want them to feel like they were not welcome. We're all out of a home right now,and we might not have always gotten along,but we were still family.

I hated the bro wars,and I hated not being able to talk about dean without it becoming about Sam,and yeah there is at least one poster I could do without,but at the end of the day we all still love the show. I wasnt going to start the thread,just wanted to know if it would be allowed ,so if any skeptics wanted to they COULD post here.
"When have we ever done normal?!"
User avatar
magoghair
Extra
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:05 am
Gender: Female

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby Sharlot on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:28 pm

magoghair wrote:
Sharlot wrote:
Geordiegirl1967 wrote:
Bec666 wrote:As for skeptic? threads? Yes you can post them but you can not mention any rumors, upcoming previews, etc without using the 'spoiler' tag.

I am only one voice I know, so not trying to impose my will or anything. But can I put a bid in for NOT starting up the sceptics threads here? I'm no huge Cas fan, so it isn't about that. But having a thread dedicated to being anti one character didn't show the CW Lounge in the best light IMO. It gave us a bit of a poor rep on other boards too. Happy to go with the flow, and in a sense it makes no difference to me because I wouldn't post in it anyway as I am all about positivity, but that is my 2p worth :)


I heartily dislike censorship, but yeah...I never saw such weird, obsessive hate for a fictional character in my life as I saw on the CW Boards. But, whatever. I happened to love Cas. Still do. I never particularly felt the need to defend my position, though, so I never got into it with any of the skeptics. I just kept my mouth shut and went about my business. I wasn't a prolific poster, anyway. If the thread comes here, I can weather it like I did over there, but I'd rather not be a part of such a contentious board again...and I'm not just talking about the Skeptics. I'm talking about the constant bro-wars, too. There were some really aggressive rows a time or two. Of course, as long as I just read and didn't jump into the muck, it could be good, popcorn-munching entertaining. But I'm willing to save the calories and have more mature discussions instead.


I dont hate Cas,but I never had the same amount of "LOVE" for the character that others had. Initially I thought the character was awesome,but just didnt like how the writers handled him.


That Being Said,I really just wanted to make any skeptics feel welcome here. I didnt want them to feel like they were not welcome. We're all out of a home right now,and we might not have always gotten along,but we were still family.

I hated the bro wars,and I hated not being able to talk about dean without it becoming about Sam,and yeah there is at least one poster I could do without,but at the end of the day we all still love the show. I wasnt going to start the thread,just wanted to know if it would be allowed ,so if any skeptics wanted to they COULD post here.



It's all good, Mags. You know I don't really give much of a poop either way. Give me some fanfic and I'll be content in my own little corner. When forced into a confrontational situation with any of them, I find that saying "You're right...I'm an idiot...what was I even thinking?" works wonders for maintaining healthy relations. /snort.

Seriously, I can't imagine my opinion of their thread would ever dissuade them from coming here. Nor should it. It's a public board and they've a right to it as much as I do. I posted so little outside the fanfic thread they probably don't even know who I am. So, I hardly think my opinion would have any sway for them.

Oh, and edited to add: When I came to the CW Boards, I liked the character of Cas. However, the skeptics made me LOVE him. Sometimes being so hateful toward a character can have the exact opposite effect on people you want to "persuade".
User avatar
Sharlot
Viewer
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:49 am
Gender: Female

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Who's "them"?
I was and am a Cas skeptic, I don't recall signing any document saying that meant I should hate on anyone. Generalising is such an easy way to distance yourself from a sentiment you disagree with, but also serves to make people joining feel they need to defend themselves from post 1.

These comments above are the first I've seen so far that holds an air of the old thrench wars from CW, and I am not sure I see the reason for it.
I was poked about this post and how it held a few skeptics for even bothering - and no none of the extreme ones. It takes 2 to maintain any contentious feelings as long as they may have done on CW. Personally I could care less, I posted for a laugh and had plenty of people of like mind.

Finally should say that I never wanted to force my opinion of any character of the show on other fans. You can love or hate whoever you want, it won't change what I get out of it. In my history of posting over there I never felt anyone trying to persuade me at all. :hmm:
User avatar
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:36 pm
Location: So, you heard about Pluto? That's messed up.
Gender: Male

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby magoghair on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:35 am

Sharlot I hope you post more on here. I LOVE talking to you,and I especially LOVE your rec's for fanfics. Others have really missed out on some amazing conversation with you.

I've been on both sides of the fence,but I've never been extreme in either area. No one's ever persuaded me to think one way or the other. I either like or do not like what I see,simple as that. People can make points that might make me see another POV,but it never really changes whether I liked it or not.

Sir Lurkalot,your right you have yet to make me love Bela :PP :rofl:
"When have we ever done normal?!"
User avatar
magoghair
Extra
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:05 am
Gender: Female

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:21 am

magoghair wrote:Sir Lurkalot,your right you have yet to make me love Bela :PP :rofl:



Nuuuh uh! She's all mine, not sharing! :w00t: :wub:
User avatar
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:36 pm
Location: So, you heard about Pluto? That's messed up.
Gender: Male

Re: CW lifeboat for fans searching for new home

Postby CLDeangrl on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:11 am

Can't speak on the Cas stuff since I really haven't seen any of it, but I can tell you that they tend to veer away from the bro wars stuff here and I'm grateful for that...I hate when things devolve to that level! To me it's about BOTH brothers...personally I wouldn't want it any other way.
Image
User avatar
CLDeangrl
Guest Star
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:10 pm
Location: North Central NJ
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron