The Old Folks Home,for the Older Supernatural fan

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

The Old Folks Home,for the Older Supernatural fan

Postby magoghair on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:34 pm

I thought some of us older fans needed a place to just chit chat,about the show ,about ourselves,about whatever. Its the one thread where there really isnt a main topic,its just to chat with each other in.

A fun place for us oldies,that love to get together,and just talk. The big screen TV is in place,and ready for future supernatural episodes. The bar and soda machine are up,and the furniture is out and ready...so when you guys just want to chat with each other,then come on in,make yourselves at home at the old folks home. :w00t:

-- Merged Double Post --

I'll start with me. I'm magoghair,but everyone usually calls me mags. I'm 42,and LOVE supernatural. I love both brothers,but Dean is my favorite. I also Love Bobby,and Crowely,and when Cas is being kick butt,Cas. My favorite Ruby was Gen,because I actually believed she cared about Sam. I had high hopes for Bela,because I thought they would use the amulet as a way to save Dean,but was sadly disappointed.

My favorite girl for Dean was Carmen,because IMO that was the girl of his dreams,respectable,a caretaker,maybe how he saw his mom....who also happened to be lovely,and love Dean despite himself. I love it when Dean gets to step out of his role of protector and gets to be protected. I love protective sam out of all the sam's we have gotten to know. My favorite type of fanfiction is hurt/sick Dean,with comforting/protective Sam.

I'm opinionated,passionate about what I believe,think,and feel,but I also LOVE to have fun. :P
"When have we ever done normal?!"
magoghair
Extra

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: The Old Folks Home,for the Older Supernatural fan

Postby Bec666 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Cool idea. Me I'm 52 and been married for 26 years now. No kids just a TON of animals. I only watch 2 network shows, Supernatural and Primeval. I haven't seen another network show in over 20 years. Thank you Netflix for recommending Supernatural 4 years ago.

I love both brothers as well but have a soft spot for Sam. I just love those puppy dog eyes. I also love when Dean goes into full blown big brother mode. The difference from you Magoghair, is I love hurt Sammy, protective Dean fanfics. CL and I have written quite a few of those. :)

My favorite girl for Sam was Sarah. To me they were perfect together. My favorite girl for Dean.. Cassie. I thought they just seemed right.

I LOVE to chat and hang out making new friends. :)
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:56 am

Bec666 wrote:Cool idea. Me I'm 52 and been married for 26 years now. No kids just a TON of animals. I only watch 2 network shows, Supernatural and Primeval. I haven't seen another network show in over 20 years. Thank you Netflix for recommending Supernatural 4 years ago.

I love both brothers as well but have a soft spot for Sam. I just love those puppy dog eyes. I also love when Dean goes into full blown big brother mode. The difference from you Magoghair, is I love hurt Sammy, protective Dean fanfics. CL and I have written quite a few of those. :)

My favorite girl for Sam was Sarah. To me they were perfect together. My favorite girl for Dean.. Cassie. I thought they just seemed right.

I LOVE to chat and hang out making new friends. :)

Thanks Bec!! You so have to rec your stories and your favorite hurt sammy and protective dean stories in my supernatural fanfic rec thread in the fanfic section on this board. Me and sharlot rec mostly hurt dean,and protective sammy....and she saved all the recs from the hurt/comfort club on the CW...which also contains some hurt sam,but with christmas coming up there just hasnt been time to post all of them.

I liked cassie as well,but carmen will always be my favorite for Dean....I actually like Jess for Sam....I think if she wouldve found out she wouldve been a kick butt hunter. Would actually love to see that in an AU episode,or fic about that.

The only other show I've gotten into is American Horror story. Other then that my TV is off,unless its supernatural night.

I've never been married,and never had kids,but I've always thought about adopting...but its a lot to think about...
magoghair
Extra

Postby Bec666 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:02 am

I have them on my board (if you want to check it out the url is in my profile or I can pm it). :)

No kids here, don't want 'em :) My kids have 4 legs and are furry.
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:06 am

I'll have to check them out thanks!!

I have a chihuahua named Daisy...she totally rules my home. I think I work for her... :lol: I did everything wrong,and I think the dog whisperer would be very disappointed in me.....she doesnt listen to me at all....and I've had her for years so I dont see that changing... :lol:
magoghair
Extra

Postby metalamazon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:45 am

Hello! I never posted in the old Old Folks Home. But I hope to join this one, as I am getting really, really old.

:)

*waves* Hi my name is Angie and I've been a Supernatural fan for about 5 years now.

Oh and I'm 46.

I like both brothers, my favourite is Sam, but I'm also a huge fan of Jim Beaver, who I met and talked to in Rome some years ago.

I work as a special school teacher, no not that kind of special school! :PP My kids are hyperactive and have agression problems but are otherwise not handicapped, and I love them. I have 7 parakeets and hundreds of fish in a huge tank, one of them is a 50cm long catfish that I have had for almost 20 years now. I have never been married, but I have a girl I call my adoptive daughter, we are very close. :)
Last edited by metalamazon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
metalamazon
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:53 am

Hi Angie!! welcome to the home!!

I have yet to meet any of the actors. conventions are just so expensive,and I am just too cheap... :lol: I also love Jim's character Bobby,and have read Jim's book "lifes that way" . AMAZING book I think everyone should read it.

OMG ROME!! I bet it is beautiful there!! All full of history,and stories,and amazing architecture. :wub:
magoghair
Extra

Postby metalamazon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:55 am

Yes, Rome is fantastic. I've been to the Convention there three times already and have also seen some of the city. It is not so far from Berlin, you can get there within an hour by plane and it's not too expensive. :)

Oh I forgot something important imo: I've been a hard rock and heavy metal fan for over 30 years. Many of the songs I grew up with turned up in Supernatural again. :wub: I do an internet radio show where I also play a lot of the music from supernatural, but I'm not the only one, actually I know a load of internet radio dj who do the same. :D
Last edited by metalamazon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
metalamazon
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:02 am

thats such a cool job you have. Do you try different teaching techniques to keep the kids interested? I know around here,so many kids just end up on drugs,and I'm not sure if thats always really needed. Maybe in some cases,but Sometimes I think they just need extra attention.

so are you from Germany then? or just a worldly traveler. I like to see places but nowdays its just scary to travel.
magoghair
Extra

Postby Bec666 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:03 am

Hi Angie! Wow.. Rome... sigh... :)

Mag, hubby and I have 10 cats, 2 parrots, 2 turtles, 1 hamster and 2 Salt water aquariums.. Oh and 3 strays outside :)
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby metalamazon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:06 am

@Bec666: wow you really have a zoo. I love that. I'd like to have more animals, but my flat is too small.

@magoghair: yes, some kids manage without drugs, it is always our goal to help them manage without anything at least later on in life, to get a better grip on their emotions. But some need drugs for a certain time. I also don't only have hyperactive kids, I also have one who is shizoid and one who has aspergers. Our school can give special attention, my own class only has 6 kids. :)

Yes, I am from Germany. :)

and travelling in Europe is not so scary, believe me, we are pretty civilized over here. :)

I wish to be able to visit the US some day. But haven't managed yet, that is rather expensive for ppl from over here.
metalamazon
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:11 am

Bec666 wrote:Hi Angie! Wow.. Rome... sigh... :)

Mag, hubby and I have 10 cats, 2 parrots, 2 turtles, 1 hamster and 2 Salt water aquariums.. Oh and 3 strays outside :)

Wow you DO love animals!! If I could take care of more I would,but vet bills just for one dog can be pretty expensive.

But I do have wild rabbits outside...well I used to have,but I think the neighborhood cats killed one..I think I even seen a ground hog...but I'm not sure...all I know is i've never seen an animal like that before...I wish I wouldve gotten a picture...and every now and then I have a woodpecker that comes by and drives me insane knocking on the metal pipe in my roof... :lol:

I'm kinda a slash between a country girl and a city girl....I like the country,but I'm not used to all the wildlife being around...and I live on the edge of town.

Angie that is so COOL!! I wish our schools in america could offer that. So many are overcroweded,and just dont get the care and attention that they need. Of course I dont live in a huge city so that could be why...there are more things available in the huge cities.
magoghair
Extra

Postby metalamazon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:15 am

@magoghair: that isn't a woodpecker, that must be a metalpecker! :D *hands over earplugs*

Our school is a special school for such kids, they need to get diagnosed with severe psychologicacl problems to come to us. Otherwise the funding of public schools isn't so great in Germany. Many classes have 30 pupils and the first three classes are normally together in one room. :(
metalamazon
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:27 am

Angie I wish someone would come in and fix the public school system. As is if I ever had my own kids I would want to homeschool. A lot of states are trying to prevent that though.

Its good that there are special schools available out there though.

:lol: yeah your right its a metalpecker... :lol: I could seriously take wild animal pictures in my own yard...its weird being so close to town and all.

If I ever start taking pictures I'll make sure to post them here...

one day back when I was living with my parents....(they live further out in the country) I seen these HUGE birds,and I was like freaking out,cause they looked like apocolyptic birds...HUGE BLACK birds...and I'd NEVER seen anything like that in my life...only to have my parents laugh at me,because they were wild turkey....I was used to the turkeys you see for thanksgiving...and these wild birds just did not look anything like that...
magoghair
Extra

Postby metalamazon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:32 am

They were black and had feathers and were not roasted? I've only seen some of these at the zoo. We don't get them in Germany. But I have loads of smaller birds right outside my flat in the trees, right here in the middle of Berlin. Ravens, wild cave pigeons (the large ones) and we have those small, reddish european squirrels. A lot. It is fun when they run up and down the trees in our backyard. I even keep seeing a fox when I go out early in the morning or late at night. Here, in the middle of Berlin!!! lol! And in some areas, there are wild hogs. Also in the middle of Berlin. This is a wilderness! :lol:
metalamazon
Viewer

Next

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]