The Old Folks Home,for the Older Supernatural fan

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: The Old Folks Home,for the Older Supernatural fan

Postby Bec666 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:41 am

Yeah, I love animals. More than people actually. If I had the money I'd run a no kill farm. :)
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby metalamazon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:42 am

Aw that is great thing. I would love to work in something like that some day, too. Maybe when I retire from school. I mean not own it of finance it all by myself, we have loads of animal shelters here that need helping hands. :)

At the moment I don't have the time for something like that.
metalamazon
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:44 am

metalamazon wrote:They were black and had feathers and were not roasted? I've only seen some of these at the zoo. We don't get them in Germany. But I have loads of smaller birds right outside my flat in the trees, right here in the middle of Berlin. Ravens, wild cave pigeons (the large ones) and we have those small, reddish european squirrels. A lot. It is fun when they run up and down the trees in our backyard. I even keep seeing a fox when I go out early in the morning or late at night. Here, in the middle of Berlin!!! lol! And in some areas, there are wild hogs. Also in the middle of Berlin. This is a wilderness! :lol:

Exactly!! :lol:

I know right...its weird seeing so much wilderness in the city!!...I expect some squirrels,and birds,cause of the trees,and parks,but some of the other animals I feel like I'm in a wildereness. There's a city south of me that has a deer population problem...they run around town. They've had to allow the hunters to hunt them in town,because they have become such a huge problem.

yeah bec animals are not as crazy as people....If I had the money I'd help you with a no kill farm
Anyway I've got to get to bed...cya tomorrow angie and Bec!! *waves goodnight*
"When have we ever done normal?!"
magoghair
Extra

Postby metalamazon on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:46 am

Nighty night Mags! :)

I should really go to bed myself, it is almst 4 in the morning here. :lol:
metalamazon
Viewer

Postby Bec666 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:57 am

Bedtime for me too. 4am all week long for work. On the bright side I'm off now until the 3rd. So I can POST and PLAY! Night Ladies :)
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi ladies!! I'm Sue and I'm 46. Bec and I are best friends. She discovered SPN and got me hooked on it. Now I watch mostly that and The Walking Dead. About the only things I watch regularly anymore.

I love both brothers...absolutely HATE when they are separated for any reason...but I've got a major sof spot for Dean. Bec even gave me a full outfitted Dean Winchester bear that I keep in my office! :D I work for myself as a freelance writer, which is also why I take to writing fan fics. As bec said, ours tend to revolve around hurt Sam/protective Dean...sigh, my boys the way I like 'em best! :wub:

My favorite girl for Sam was Jess...I thought they were really perfect for each other, though Sarah was great too. My favorite girl for Dean was Cassie...I just thought they complemented each other perfectly.

Not married and no kids here either, but I am a professional aunt with 12 nieces and nephews and 2 grand nephews.

One of my nephews has Asperger's, so I know what that's like. Fortunately, here in NJ we have very good public schools and he's done wonderfully well. He's one semester away from getting his Associate's degree and then will move on to complete his Bachelor's!

I also know what you mean on the wild turkeys...we're in Central NJ now but when we still lived further up in Northern NJ, we used to see wild turkeys roaming all over the place. Man, those are some of the dumbest birds ever! :rofl:
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby magoghair on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Welcome Sue!! My Real Name is Susan. My mom named me after her cupi doll. :roll: I ususally just go by Mags though. If I could change my name I would change it to Mags. Mags is just short for magoghair though.

I have Two nieces one is 22 and works at AB the beer company. I cant spell for anything so I just used the initials. She graduated from U of I,and got her a real good job. I so proud. My youngest niece is 9 and has more energy the that bunny.

I have Two Step Nephews,one is 23,and the other is 21. the oldest is recovering from menigitus. He lost some fingers and toes. It was the type they havent seen since the 90's. He got real sick and got these like pus filled sores all over his body....and they had to use burn cream,and peal the dead skin off...he's got one more surgery I think for skin graphs. So yeah I totally promote the vaccine for meningitius.

The younger one just got a good job for a trucking company...which is funny because he was the one that was like the worst driver ever... :lol:

seriously though you and Bec should rec some of your work in the supernatural rec thread. with the holidays me and sharlot havent really had time to put in all the recs from the club...Plus sharlot is writing her next fanfic,so she's been really busy with that. So far really good,but I cant rec it till she posts it...

My friend adder574 lets me read some of her stories....she's writing this one that I LOVE ,but she's not sure if she'll post it or not yet....she's been writing it for theraputic reasons,and not for others...still awesome though...
magoghair
Extra

Postby Sir Lurkalot on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:38 pm

That reminds me I should finish that fic I promised you Mags - not sure you'll like it. There is no protective Sam and hurt Dean at all :)

Just the boys kicking ass, old skool style! And some banter of course :cool:
Sir Lurkalot
Viewer

Postby Bec666 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:21 am

Post a reply
Sue and I watch and chat on MSN since she's in NJ and I'm in NY. During the Hellatus we've been watching Primeval. It's really good.

As for the fan fic, it's on my board. :)
ImageImage Image
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:13 am

Yep, the fan fics are at bec's board. The link is in her sig. :)

I forgot to mention before that I read Jim Beaver's book "Life's That Way" this summer...MAN, was that good! I laughed, I cried...it was awesome. I highly recommend it.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby metalamazon on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:39 am

*sends friendly vibrations out to Sue and Sir Lurkalot* Nice to meet you! :)

I used to read a lot of fanfiction, mainly !hurt Sam. Strange that hurt guys are so appealing. :huh:

I read Jim Beaver's book some time ago and was extremely moved. Actually, I had to stop for crying several times and it took me forever to finish it because of that. He signed my copy of the book at the first JIB Convention in Rome. With my name! He is such a great guy. He came to our group of fans in the hotel bar in the evenings (yes, every day of the convention!) and told us stories and had some drinks with us. He also showed us pics of his daughter Maddie. You can feel how proud he is of her. :)
metalamazon
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:22 am

Yes Sir Lurkalot You really do need to finish that fic you promised me. :w00t:

Sue,Bec I'll have to read them...though I am just not into hurt sam and protective dean...I much prefer it the other way...hurt dean and protective sam. :lol:

Angie I'm not sure why ,but yeah hurt boys,just rocks my world. I'm not a nurse so I cant say its the syndrome where you fall in love with your patient....but If I were a nurse ,and the patient was good looking enough I could see that happening.. :lol:

I wish I could win some tickets....I'm just too cheap to pay for them...plus I'd probably look like an idiot... :scared:
magoghair
Extra

Postby metalamazon on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:35 am

You'd definitely not look like an idiot! :) I went to the Rome convention twice and I really didn't spend so much money there.

I hope that I am allowed to post some pictures here. It's not very sharp, sorry.
Image Image Image
metalamazon
Viewer

Postby magoghair on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:46 am

Wow....OMG look how close you are to them!! :w00t: I would totally freak!!! :scared: Dang they are so darn good looking!!! :wub:

I'm so jealous!!
magoghair
Extra

Postby metalamazon on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:51 am

Yes they are extremely good looking, I think in reality even more so than on the TV, because the make up makes them look older and stressed out in Supernatural. In reality, they seem to look at least 10 years younger. I also noticed that they all got a really fantastic scent. Especially Jared. And he ist hot! No not what you think now, I mean he is radiating heat in a very intensive way from several inches away. Really fantastic.

My friend fell into the backdrop at our group shot with Jared and Jensen and Jared tried to lift her up at once. A perfect gentleman. Their bodyguard was there with them, and while the fotographer needed time to lift the backdrop up again, they were chatting. They seem to be very close, all three of them. Jared asked me an hour later in an autograph session if my friend was alright. So he remembered! :wub:

On last years JIB, I got the autograph of Genevieve first, and an hour later Jared's. And he was so in love.. he said "That's my girl!" very silently once and then once again louder. :D
Last edited by metalamazon on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
metalamazon
Viewer

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]