Season 7 - Episode 12 - Time After Time -Official Discussion

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Season 7 - Episode 12 - Time After Time -Official Discussion

Postby Bec666 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:11 am

Man what a refreshing change from last week. I smiled and giggled through the entire episode. Well almost all, there were a few gut wrenching and heart breaking scenes too. But it was ALL classic Supernatural. I felt like I was watching the Brothers again. Dean had me giggling from start to finish. And Sam had some really good snarky comments aimed just for Dean.

I really, really liked Sheriff Mills too. She fit in perfect and it didn't feel awkward, it didn't feel like she was a Bobby replacement. It felt right and comfortable.

There were so many GREAT lines I don't think I can remember them all. But I have to say, for the first time in a long time it felt like Dean was back. He was just classic Dean. Now please,please, please leave him that way!

Was it perfect? No but it was damn close. So close I gave it a 10 anyway. :)
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 7 - Episode 12 - Time After Time -Official Discus

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:13 am

Ok, to quote Dean...sweet mother of awesome!! :thumbsup:

Man, that was good! For the first time in a long time I actually found myself giggling through an episode. Actual laughs, what a concept!

Some great lines..."More cartoon smut or are you just into Dick now?"

"What's he, some kind of farmer clown?"

"Awesome!" "Are you some kind of religious nut?"

Such a refreshing feeling to have good writing to revel in for a change!

And that was just the tip of the iceberg. We actually had glimpses of both brothers the way we recognize them.

Dean is adorable when he's all fan boy, dweeby...and don't even get me started on him in that suit...WOOF! :wub:

And Sam actually got to do something other than stand around looking mopey! We even got a glimpse of the puppy dog eyes...be still my heart!

Loved the little moment with Sheriff Mills and the bottle of booze...a sweet little tribute to Bobby...sigh.

The case was really good too...very clever and I loved the concept of Elliot Ness as a hunter...too cool!

One can only hope that Dean FINALLY listened to the message Ness was giving him. He's at least the 3rd or 4th person, living AND dead, to have done so. How many times do you have to hear it?

All in all, this was just a GREAT episode...fun from start to finish. Still a ways to go to see how the season plays out as a whole but THANK YOU for this little treat, Sera!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby metalamazon on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:03 pm

I love this episode! I was all I love in Supernatural, funny, sexy, spooky and full of action. Please ppl at the cw and spn, go on like this and I will keep watching forever! :thumbsup:
metalamazon
Viewer

Postby Cynnie on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:53 pm

I really enjoyed the episode.

I for one think Jody and Sam would make a cute couple. Plus she has a really fine looking backside!!

Dean in that suit! Meow! Like how even Ness whistled at him.

When that older lady called Dean an idjit I have expected to find out she is related to Bobby somehow. Sweet kiss.

Loved all the moments of the show, however I expected it to end with Jody, Sam, and Dean drinking that bottle of Hunter's Helper Rufus left for Bobby and having some sort of profound moment.

When is Dean going to get to kill something again?

Does anyone else ever have trouble understanding the characaters? At times I feel they mumble. Maybe I have poor hearing. Oh well, perhaps I will just start watching with the CC on.
Cynnie
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:05 pm

I missed a few lines last night, Cynnie, so it's not just you. Much as I love him, I find Jensen is the worst when it comes to mumbling at times.

I absolutely LOVED that older lady...for me, she pretty much stole the episode when she was on screen...she totally cracked me up! :D

I agree on the ending...it was my only minor quibble with the episode. Felt it ended a little too abruptly. I was waiting for the final, emotional scene. But even that didn't take away from the episode as a whole...it was by far one of the best they've done in a long time!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby theartist27 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:19 pm

I really enjoyed this episode. One of my favorite of the season. Loved all the Dean scenes in the past. Also enjoyed Ezra and Eliot Ness. I was glad to see Jodi again. She's slowly turning into a hunter. Loved how excited Sam was when he discovered Dean's note. So overall, this was a very enjoyable episode. One I can see my self watching over and over again.

With that said, I have one gripe. I'm getting annoyed with the many guest stars telling Dean to suck it up. Week after week. It's beyond annoying. This has been going on for several seasons now. Not to mention the several episodes this season alone. It would be great if the writers would finally allow Dean to move pass it all. Here's an idea, give Dean something else to do. It's like they don't know how to write anything for the character but angst. Don't get me wrong, I love Dean no matter what he's doing, but it's time the writers allow Dean to resolve some of his issues, and give him something new to do.
Image Image Image Image
theartist27
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:33 am

I agree with you there...how many people have to tell him the same thing? I would think he'd get the message by now...let him move on already! :P
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]