Season 7 - Episode 13 - Slice Girls - Official Discussion

General discussion for 'Supernatural'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Season 7 - Episode 13 - Slice Girls - Official Discussion

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:11 am

Ok, now THAT'S what I'm talking about!! A real, thought provoking, heart tugging classic Supernatural episode. Man, I'd been missing that!

I have to get it out of the way off the top...DAYUM Jensen was smoking in this one, and not just the love scene, though that was the icing on the cake. :D

But aside from that...I really loved the whole story here. There were some classic Dean moments, even a classic rock song during the love scene!

And we finally got some focus on Bobby and how the guys are dealing with his death. The paper moving...that was cool. I found it interesting that Sam was so adamant about not believing it was him. Given their line of work you'd think he'd at least be open to the possibility but I guess he just can't let himself hope...been hurt too much.

They did keep up the focus on Dean drinking and the nagging point about the guys not being able to figure out their cases on their own...what is up with that? But it's a small complaint in an otherwise solid episode.

As for the whole killer kid angle...didn't exactly shake out entirely as I expected but I thought it was an intriguing way to go with it, not the obvious...the way they've always handled things on this show, coming from left field. When the kid turned on the waterworks I half believed her...thought maybe she had just enough Dean in her for her emotions to be genuine, but guess not.

It didn't really surprise me that Dean couldn't bring himself to shoot. We know by now kids are his weakness. I didn't expect Sam to be the **** one in the end but I liked that twist.

And I absolutely LOVED the final five minutes "emo talk"...that's what we'd been missing.

Have to say, Sam saying "You could've been killed...just don't get killed" was the line of the season for me. Sigh...poor Sammy! Now if only it would sink in with Dean. But I think it's starting...at least now we know the guys are still in there somewhere.

Man, that was worth the wait...however short. I knew there was a reason I loved this show!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 7 - Episode 13 - Slice Girls - Official Discussio

Postby metalamazon on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:17 am

I loved this episode, too. Dean and Sam both seemed almost happy. Dean had sex for the first time in almost forever. And this time it was with a monster! He cannot blame Sam for having sex with monsters in the past any longer. lol!!!

I think it is a good thing for the show that the amazon tribe got away. They are veritable enemies of the Winchester boys and I think that could turn into a great story arc in the future. :D

I also loved how great Sam was. He did such a lot of research and he got to drive the car almost all the time! :thumbsup:

All in all a real cool episode, imo.

:thumbsup:
metalamazon
Viewer

Postby Bec666 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:32 am

I loved the episode. It had the Supernatural 'Ewww gross' factor and the classic rock. But more importantly it had the brothers acting a bit like brothers again, And as usual they had to stab us in the heart with that last scene. This show needs a Kleenex warning!

The only thing that bothered me is how badly they have turned Dean and Sam into Dumb and Dumber. I mean in season's past they would do all the research and figure things out. Now it's like they both got stupid. Since when does Geek boy Sam need to go to a professor to figure out a symbol???

That said, I still give it a 9.5 out of 10. It was just a damn good episode :)
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby Cynnie on Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:24 pm

I enjoyed the episode, but didn't like how Sam was yelling at Dean about Dean not killing his own daughter. I felt that was out of character for Sam.

Also didn't make sense to me that Sam would leave Dean alone at "home" when they know the vics are being killed while alone at home. It would have made more sense to keep Dean with him.

But my most burning question: What happened to Dean's hand print scar?
Cynnie
Viewer

Postby CLDeangrl on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Ooh, I didn't even notice that the handprint scar was gone...but now that you mention it, it wasn't there last season either (in the scene where he was dreaming about being in bed with Lisa). I guess maybe it healed? :S

As for Sam yelling...I've seen a few people posting about how his reaction seemed out of character but I don't see it that way at all. Remember, he's got a lot of crap going on in his head right now with Lucifer and all, that's bound to make it hard for him to express himself. Plus, I think the whole thing with Dean not shooting scared him...he realized how close Dean came to getting killed...and I think the anger he felt about the whole paralell to the Amy thing was just maginfied by the fear, so it came out sounding a little more "hyper" than he'd usually be, but I thought it fit.

And keeping Dean with him...they didn't actually know what was going on with the Amazons killing the guys they mated with until Sam got the professor to translate the Greek document, so he had no way of knowing that Dean might be in danger. As soon as he realized it, he started rushing back to him. Again, I didn't have a problem with that either.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Bec666 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:58 pm

I didn't think it was out of character. Sam not only had to listen to the lecture when Dean killed Amy but this time he was scared. Scared that Dean would let himself be killed. CL is right, he's fighting a war in his head and now he has to worry about his brother too. I was happy he went off on him.
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Return to Supernatural Discussion [No spoilers!]