The Walking Dead Season 3

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby DharmaLager on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:55 pm

supermodel wrote:I am glad to hear that. I thought it was slow and boring, but that is probably because I have read the comics. I was interested to hear what you guys would have to say.

I also read the comics - which is why I didn't think I'd like the episode at all. It wasn't my favorite - but I thought they did a very good job as well as interested some interesting new characters. In addition, I like the fact that this helps establish Woodbury and that we'll now likely see more of a back and forth between both locations in coming episodes (I'm assuming, I know nothing).

For me - I'm looking forward to learning more about Michonne in the tv series world - as well as seeing more into this new Milton character.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Sym on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:31 pm

Vote for the episode just broadcast:
10th :thumbsup: :wub: :thumbup:

Superb.
I loved everything about it and as it was told. I'm excited
Distrust, the enthusiasm, the return.
The governor I love it! :thumbsup: :wub: :thumbup:

The final scene:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
The governor noted the reste of the Dead in the water.
On top of all, there is that of the military.
But he is not transformed.

So there those in the serum to defend against zombies? And this is what you are searching the Governor?
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
#soa I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled And I will not let my future go on, without the help of my soul

The seriousness I left to Bethlem R.H.
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby supermodel on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Wow, what an excellent episode. I must echo what was said on Talking Dead last night, that this epi felt almost like a season finale.

I will miss T Dog, just when he was getting a few more lines he dies. I'm banking on Carol being alive somewhere in the prison, so that T Dog will not have sacrificed himself in vain.

The Lori/baby thing was completely different in the comic, so this was a huge surprise for all of us. I don't know anyone who actually liked Lori, but it was impossible not to feel sorry for her. Her life post-apocalypse has been pretty crappy, yeah she did it to herself, but seeing her say goodbye to Carl and his response was just heartbreaking.

And how about Carl? What that kid has been through in the last year, first he shot his father figure, Shane, and now his mother, and I am not sure what kind of father Rick is going to be in the immediate future. God knows what will happen to the kid, what kind of man he will turn out to be.

And Rick, he has been so cold to Lori but I think he really loved her, and now he will never get the chance to make amends.

Can this show get any darker? How can they sustain this mood and this pace?
Last edited by supermodel on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby Sym on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:01 am

I am happy that Lori is dead.
  But be sure that the show is good? :hmm:
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
#soa I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled And I will not let my future go on, without the help of my soul

The seriousness I left to Bethlem R.H.
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:36 pm

supermodel wrote:Wow, what an excellent episode. I must echo wat was said on Talking Dead lastnight, that this epi felt almost like a season finale.

I will miss T Dog, just when he was getting a few more lines he dies. I'm banking on Carol being alive somewhere in the prison, so that T Dog will not have sacrificed himself in vain.

The Lori/baby thing was completely different in the comic, so this was a huge surprise for all of us. I don;t know anyone who actually liked Lori, but it was impossible not to feel sorry for her. Her life post-apocalypse has been pretty crappy, yeah she did it to herself, but seeing her say goodbye to Carl and his response was just heartbreaking.

And how about Carl? What that kid has been through in the last year, first he shot his father figure, Shane, and now his mother, and I am not sure what kind of father Rick is going to be in the immediate future. God knows what will happen to the kid, what kind of man he will turn out to be.

And Rick, he has been so cold to Lori but I think he realy loved her, and now he will never get the chance to make amends.

Can this show get any darker? How can they sustain this mood and this pace?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about how dark the show has become....at the prison at least. I think the Woodbury storyline is acting as a counterbalance to the prison. The mood there is the total opposite of the prison, but it still has that sense of foreboding.

I don't think Carol is dead, either. I don't think she'll be found the same way her daughter Sofia was...already turned. I think Daryl will find her holed up somewhere. I think Rick is going to be a mess emotionally over the next couple of episodes. He's going to really hate himself for not reconciling with Lori before she died.

Poor T-Dog....He was actually becoming relevant and bam....he's dead. No one aside from Rick is safe on this show IMO.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:36 pm

I yelled at the tv when T-Dog was bitten and to be honest, felt for Lori in her death. That said, the darkness of the prison should eventually change in my opinion - and I think the addition of the prisoners will add a new intrigue to the story.

The one thing that is clear is no one is safe. I agree Rick is safe - I don't see him going anywhere - but I wouldn't be shocked if we saw him in some very dangerous situations where you feel like something could happen to him.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:28 pm

That was one emotional ending.
dutchie
Emmy Nominee

Postby supermodel on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:10 pm

At least now we won't have to watch
Carol propose a three-way marriage with Rick and Lori,
which is what happened in the comics.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:13 pm

supermodel wrote:At least now we won't have to watch
Carol propose a three-way marriage with Rick and Lori,
which is what happened in the comics.

I can't even connect that Carol and the TV version of Carol. To me, they seem very different from each other - which I'm quite alright with.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:03 pm

After being without power for 9 days courtesy of Hurricane Sandy, I finally got to see this one today and WOW!! Talk about gut wrenching.

Geeze Andrea...could you be any dumber, bitch? Michonne is dead on...you can't trust the Governor as far as you can throw him but miss starry eyes is too stupid to see it. Hell, even Merle doesn't trust him and that's saying something.

Speaking of Merle, don't know what to make of this "kinder, gentler" side of him. Still can't wait for his reunion with Daryl.

As for the prison...I was sorry to see Dog go, just when he was getting some actual air time too. Besides, I was kind of hoping to see the confrontation between him and Merle when/if they ever met up again. Damn! I'm not sold on Carol being dead. All we saw was her kerchief...she could still be out there. There are a lot of places to hide in that prison. Who knows? But if one of the previews I saw is right, I'm thinking she may be dead afterall.

And the end with Lori...damn! I wanted her gone but wasn't expecting it like that. And did they HAVE to make you feel sorry for her at the end?! Geeze! Actually, it was Carl I felt the most sorry for though. As much of a pain in the ass as he's been, no adult should have to do what he did, much less a kid. Man!

And yeah, my heart broke for Rick at the end...his anguish just tore my heart out. I wonder how this is going to change him.

There is just no getting comfortable with this show...as soon as you do, they kick you in the gut again. No wonder I love it so much! :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm really intrigued at the idea that we may see Carol discovered later in a zombie state - just like her daughter. Some might call it lazy writing - others would call it poetry on screen.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Personally I'd call it lazy...been there, done that. I would expect better from the WD writers, they're more original than that.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby supermodel on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:54 am

Holy cow, Rick has gone off the deep end. What is with stabbing fat walker in the stomach? Is that his way of expressing anger at the baby for killing Lori? He's the one who wanted her to keep it even though she knew it was a death sentence.

Also, what is up with Daryl placing the Cherokee rose on Carol's grave? What did they bury, just the headscarf? Nice friends not to look around and make sure she was actually dead/walkerized.

And OMG, who do we think was on the phone? Whoever it was, I guess it's a lesson in why landlines still come in handy.

ETA: OK, I read that scene totally wrong. Nicotero is on Talking Dead, he says the fat walker ate Lori, that is why his belly is so big, he's full, and that is why Rick is stabbing him. EW!
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Tonight was a really great episode for so many reasons. I make sure to not reveal anything in terms of spoilers, so no worries - but there were so many great nods to the comic book in tonight's episode - in a slightly different way - that I kind of geeked out.

That said - the episode was intense (again). Five episodes of this show is better than a full season of most so far! Rick has clearly gone into the deep end and showed is excellent parenting skills once again. Poor parenting skills aside - I think Rick will recoup and be the leader he needs to be now - albeit - crazy to some extent. When you look at what Rick has been through and what he'll likely eventually encounter in the Gov - it's going to be one hell of a battle between the two (though something tells me they won't meet for sometime still).

I hadn't picked up on the fact that the fat zombie had eaten Lori either - so don't feel too bad. I did the second watching and realized it at that point since I missed the Talking Dead last night.

Also - the Penny reveal so awesome - loved every minute of it - and was really hoping they would reveal that sooner than later - one of my favorite parts of the Woodbury story from the comics!
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Dayum...this show just finds 10 different ways to get you every week. Where to begin?

Woodbury...ok, kudos to Michonne for sticking to her guns and seeing through the Governor's creepy exterior. And yes, after seeing him brushing his zombie daughter's hair creepy is the perfect word for him. Actually it fits that whole place. What is up with Milton and his experiments? And the fight club...yeah that was healthy family entertainment. And STILL Andrea is too stupid to see it for what it is. Now granted, I understand her being exhausted after what she and Michonne went through for 8 months but geeze...Michonne's the one who got you through it all, the least you can do is trust her! Bitch got exactly what she deserved staying there. I just wonder what will happen with Michonne now.

And then there's the prison...man! Yes, Rick has officially lost it. Understandable but it is so gut wrenching to watch. Kudos to Andrew Lincoln for his unflinching portrayal...he really makes you feel Rick's anguish. Oh and I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't immediately pick up on the walker having eaten Lori, but now that I think about it, it makes sense.

So I was wrong about the preview...the ball is still very much up in the air as far as Carol is concerned. Since Lori's grave was obviously an empty one, no reason Carol's couldn't be, which leaves us to wonder where she really is.

And finally Daryl...just when I thought it wasn't possible to love that man any more, we get a Daryl-palooza last night. From him stepping up and taking charge when he realized Rick had lost it, to shooting the possum ("hello, dinner"! ), to cuddling the baby...ok where the hell did that come from? Did not see him as the daddy type but dang did it look good on him. And had to love "Little ass kicker...you like that?" And then the final gesture, putting the Cherokee rose on Carol's grave. MMmmm mmmmm! I'd follow him into a zombie apocalypse any day!

Awesome episode and as usual left me jonesing for more next week!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]