The Walking Dead Season 3

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:21 pm

I had no idea that they were entering the prison in the cold open. lol My sister said something about the barbed wire, but it still didn't click until Carl heard the screams right before he went to help them.

I'm not very far into the comics, but I do know Tyrese. I was so stoked to see him!!! I thought the younger black chick....can't remember her name, but Tyrese did say it....might be his daughter and the nerdy looking white dude her boyfriend, but then she called Tyrese by name instead of "Dad"...so I guess they are changing that up. So very awesome to have Tyrese in the mix now! And the guy who plays him, Chad Coleman, is a great actor. I loved his character on The Wire....very nice addition to the show.

As for the rest of the episode....LOVED IT! I thought it was definitely one of the strongest episodes to date.

Glenn is a total badass! Fashioning a shank from the forearm bone of a walker....brilliant! He's become one of my favorites.

Loved the scene with Michonne/Governor. Well put together fight scene...glass to the eye!! Ouch! The brief standoff with Andrea was annoying because I thought for a second that Andrea wasn't going to let Michonne leave.....thankfully she did.

I figured all along that Daryl would be left behind. Daryl cannot die!!! The last scene in Woodbury was crazy...it should be interesting what direction the show goes with the Daryl/Merle/Andrea/Governor situation. I think Andrea will snap out of her Governor haze and help the Dixon brothers escape. I think seeing the zombie head collection was the start and then seeing Daryl brought out will help bring her back to our group.

I loved the Shane cameo!! I thought that was so awesome. I was like, "Wait.....is that....Shane???" Very cool. I love how over the last 2 episodes we are still seeing small glimpses into Rick's state of mind and it shows that he is not completely stable. He's doing everything he can to keep his **** together.

RIP Oscar. Seriously, TWD writers, we can handle more than one male, black character!!

Axel was simultaneously creepy and funny. "...Interesting." LMAO!
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm interested to see where they'll go with Tyrese in the show as they're obviously already diverging from the books.

Agreed on Glen...that was most definitely bad ass!

Daryl better not die or I'll go ballistic! I had the same thought about Andrea possibly helping the Dixon brothers to escape. They'll be up against it with all of the Governor's Woodbury "disciples", but if anyone can do it, they can.

I loved the Shane cameo too. At first I thought I was seeing things, then I realized it was Shane, then realized it was Rick hallucinating...what a great little twist thrown in there. :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby supermodel on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:32 pm

I figured all along that Daryl would be left behind. Daryl cannot die!!! The last scene in Woodbury was crazy...it should be interesting what direction the show goes with the Daryl/Merle/Andrea/Governor situation.

Darryl made a big deal about staying behind to cover everyone else, and we didn;t see him get captured. Obviously that was to set up the big reveal when they pulled the bag off his head. But I am wondering, did Darryl let them capture him so he would be taken to Merle?
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:20 am

Possible, I suppose. He could've also just been overtaken...there was a lot of crap going on there with the smoke bombs and everything. He may have also just been trying to get to Merle and been taken in the process.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Sym on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:36 am

I find the governor very sweet. :wub:
The scene of her child in me made ​​me cry ..... :cry:
Now and one man who lost everything ..... :cry:

I do not understand Minchionne, and totally psychopathic .... :thumbsdown:

I like Andrea, strong and independent .... :thumbsup:

It is a prayer:
Do not kill Dary! :cry: :wub:
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
#soa I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled And I will not let my future go on, without the help of my soul

The seriousness I left to Bethlem R.H.
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby supermodel on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Our spoiler thread seems to have died, so I am posting a link here. This is an interview with the actor who plays Tyreese. It's spoiler-free, since mostly he won't answer any questions about the events that occur in the comics, he just keeps saying "cliffhanger." And we know the comics are basically irrelevant. But he does talk about Tyreese's general character and personality, so if you want to remain pure you should skip it.

Chad L. Coleman Teases "Juicy and Awesome" Return as Tyreese in "The Walking Dead"
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Interesting, but doesn't really give us anything new. Man, it's going to be a long wait till February. :|
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:29 pm

I think they made a great choice in casting Chad Coleman as Tyreese.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:38 am

The only thing Chad gave us was the fact that
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Tyreese is only in 5 of the 8 remaining episodes. That could mean he dies, but based on his huge role in the comics I think it probably just means the eps continue to alternate between the prison and Woodbury, so less screen time for everyone. Especially new characters nobody cares about yet.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:58 am

supermodel wrote:The only thing Chad gave us was the fact that
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Tyreese is only in 5 of the 8 remaining episodes. That could mean he dies, but based on his huge role in the comics I think it probably just means the eps continue to alternate between the prison and Woodbury, so less screen time for everyone. Especially new characters nobody cares about yet.

I agree with you completely regarding your analysis of this.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:59 pm

I wish my boss would say that.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Is it January yet?
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:22 pm

No...and we have to wait until February! Can't come soon enough! :P
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:43 pm

CLDeangrl wrote:No...and we have to wait until February! Can't come soon enough! :P

I have to take one month at a time at this point. If it's January, then at least we're closer to February!
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Good point! :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]