[Official] Hawaii Five-O Season 2 Discussion

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Hawaii Five-O Season 2 Discussion

Postby DarkUFO on Thu May 26, 2011 8:33 pm

All non-spoiler Discussion goes here
DarkUFO
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Hawaii Five-O Season 2 Discussion

Postby H50_Danielle on Thu May 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Filming for season 2 will begin in July.
Hawaii Five-0
H50_Danielle
Viewer

Postby H50_Danielle on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Writing has begun for season 2! :thumbsup:
Hawaii Five-0
H50_Danielle
Viewer

Postby JacobsMom on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:58 pm

Great news!! For all of us Terry O'Quinn fans, it was announced that he will be joining Hawaii Five-0 this next season as a guest star. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hopefully, TPTB will keep him on for a few episodes. Can't wait to see Terry back to the islands once again..... :D
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby frekkells on Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:52 am

JacobsMom wrote:Great news!! For all of us Terry O'Quinn fans, it was announced that he will be joining Hawaii Five-0 this next season as a guest star. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hopefully, TPTB will keep him on for a few episodes. Can't wait to see Terry back to the islands once again..... :D

:thumbsup: I was so excited to see this.
FREKKELL'S FANTASY FORCE ~ 6th place ~ Season 5 LFL
Credit and Much Thanks to MAGIC BOX for the awesome banner.

Proud owner of Ben's Annie doll and line, "I always have a plan."
frekkells
Show Expert

Postby Leroi22 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:24 pm

I guess I am going to have to go back and watch Season 1, Terry O'Quinn is just too awesome!! I can't wait to see Terry and Daniel working together again! I hope he has a really good role in the series, and heck, I hope he gets promoted to series regular. :thumbup: :thumbsup:
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby JacobsMom on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:11 am

Leroi22 wrote:I guess I am going to have to go back and watch Season 1, Terry O'Quinn is just too awesome!! I can't wait to see Terry and Daniel working together again! I hope he has a really good role in the series, and heck, I hope he gets promoted to series regular. :thumbup: :thumbsup:

Leroi, it sounds like Terry will be playing McGarrett's Seal commander from his earlier training days. Terry is also another connection to McGarrett's parents and served with his father in Vietnam. I'm not sure how many episodes tptb will give him but I am looking forward to finally getting to see Terry in a military character role. :thumbup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby Leroi22 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:54 am

JacobsMom wrote:
Leroi22 wrote:I guess I am going to have to go back and watch Season 1, Terry O'Quinn is just too awesome!! I can't wait to see Terry and Daniel working together again! I hope he has a really good role in the series, and heck, I hope he gets promoted to series regular. :thumbup: :thumbsup:

Leroi, it sounds like Terry will be playing McGarrett's Seal commander from his earlier training days. Terry is also another connection to McGarrett's parents and served with his father in Vietnam. I'm not sure how many episodes tptb will give him but I am looking forward to finally getting to see Terry in a military character role. :thumbup:

Cool! I hope Terry has a bada** moustache again, he knows how to rock that, lol! Btw, does anyone know when the Hawaii 5-0 season 1 DVD comes out?
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby b3rt4 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:50 pm

Leroi22 wrote:
JacobsMom wrote:

Cool! I hope Terry has a bada** moustache again, he knows how to rock that, lol! Btw, does anyone know when the Hawaii 5-0 season 1 DVD comes out?

No date yet but you can already pre-order it on Amazon :)

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby H50_Danielle on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:24 am

:thumbsup: Season 2 Premiere set for Monday, September 19 at 10 pm ET :thumbsup:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/cbs-an ... -2011.html

I absolutely cannot wait for that!

Sunset on the Beach premiere for season 2 of Hawaii Five-0 is set for September 10th at Queen's Beach in Hawaii! :thumbsup:
Hawaii Five-0
H50_Danielle
Viewer

Postby H50_Danielle on Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:28 am

Teen Choice Awards Nominations! Hawaii Five-0 got 3 noms.
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/teen-c ... tions.html
Choice Action TV Show: “Hawaii Five-0″
Choice Action Actor: Daniel Dae Kim
Choice Action Actress: Grace Park
If you are between the ages of 13-19 then you should get voting!!!! :thumbup:
Hawaii Five-0
H50_Danielle
Viewer

Postby H50_Danielle on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Are You The Ultimate Hawaii Five-0 Fan
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/hawaii ... e-fan.html
This contest is only open to residents of the US.
Hawaii Five-0
H50_Danielle
Viewer

Postby JacobsMom on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:21 am

Season 2 premiere "Ha'i'ole"

After rewatching this once again, I could not believe how much material tptb put into this episode! :lol: This show has always moved at a pretty fast pace, but this first episode closed up a lot of loose ends for everyone and still let WoFat walk away once again! :x

I like the addition of Terry O'Quinn as Joe White, Steve's mentor/trainer. He seemed a good fit for the team as they come back together at the end. I also love that Max/Masi Oka is now a regular cast member with his picture in the opening song. :thumbsup: He brings that fun "geekiness" to the show as comic relief. I'm also glad to see that Kamekona and his shave ice shop was a huge part of the story line.

Big shock of the episode was Jenna at the end with WoFat! :O I never saw that coming at all. She never was a favorite and I still didn't think she fit in well either at the headquarters as they drank their beers.

Favorite scene was the conversation between Danny and Steve as they drove in Max's funny, little car...cool plates...Warp 9 :thumbup:

Episode stuff:

Cool escape scene with Steve getting out of the ambulance
Hard to watch the bathroom scene with Steve using paper towels to plug up wound :whistle:
Great to see "The Searcher" once again! Will always be Penny's boat to me.... :(
Where in heck did those guys get that helicopter from to fly to the airport? :S
As much as I didn't like Governor Jamison last season, I think the new Lt. Governor guy will be good.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby JacobsMom on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:42 am

"Ua Lawe Wale"

I'm not sure what I think of this new character, Laurie Westin yet. She is much more "eye candy" for the male viewers and I suppose this is what TPTB are looking for. I actually liked Jenna Kaye more as she seemed to fit in better during her beginning. I kind of had to laugh when I saw Westin wearing those super, high heels and then they head to the beach!! I hope she had her flip flops in the car when they got there at the paddle boarding race. :lol:
Of course, Jenna K. is out and there will be an end to her story. I'm curious if TPTB are going to make her the secret "bad guy" or just someone who is being used by Wo Fat. I'm thinking that the fiancee "new lead" story was just a quick thing to make up when Steve caught her off guard with all the questions.

I really didn't care that much for this case of the week story line. It had it's twists and turns but wasn't really that interesting imo. I was more upset that Kono seemed to be left without support from the rest of the team as she goes to her dismissal investigation meeting. It was sad to see that even Chin wasn't there when the news came out and only got the cell phone call instead. :( I understand that the Jenna K. story had to have a "good bye" conclusion but it was too bad the team wasn't even talking about what was going on with Kono.

I got a real laugh as we see Steve riding his horse to the rescue as the plane takes off. At least they made sure it took a few shots to hit that tire to make it a little more realistic. I thought it was odd that he didn't have the girl's pills with him when he got to her. She looked pretty bad.

Episode stuff:

Danny no longer wears his tie anymore.... :( I sort of liked that fun thing from last year.
"Sargent Slaughter's boot camp" :lol: Ms. Westin better get herself some boots to wear...
The cult leader actor was on Lost. He was Hurley's doctor from Santa Rosa. :thumbup:
Loved the bit about Westin asking how long Steve and Danny have been married!

One thing that is great about Hawaii Five-0 is the way they film those special moments. The scene at the hospital between the birth mother and Jen was great. I also loved the music too.

Hopefully, there will be more Terry O'Quinn soon, since I missed seeing him this week!!
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby JacobsMom on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:29 am

"Kame'e"

This episode was a nice tribute to the real Navy Seal teams around the world who do the amazing things they do in a type of secret silence. :thumbsup:

That being said, I am still having trouble with the pace of the show. It just seems off to me for some reason. :hmm: I don't know if it is the new added characters trying to take the place of other characters, such as the new gal replacing Kono while the TPTB make Kono out to be going "bad" on her own. Even Joe White seemed more like a tag a long as the COTW played out. I'm patiently waiting for this whole Kono story line to turn around at last, but I miss the way last season's show clicked along each week. :(

Lot's of twists and turns as the Seal members get killed off one by one. I sometimes even have a hard time following what is going on with so many angles and characters involved. I did like the side story of Kono and at first thought she may be undercover but am not sure when I saw her have to use Chin's ID and password to get info for her new boss, Frank. I would assume she would at least have some sort of access if she is undercover. I guess I'm thinking she may start out believing she will do this to get back at HPD and the new Governor, but then regret and end up bringing down the bad guys all by herself to prove she is a good cop. I really miss her on the team... :(

I thought the skydiving scene was a little funny ( Superman Steve showing up out of nowhere all of a sudden) and also thought it was pretty cool too. I'm not sure how the stunt guys filmed that but it was very well done. Kudos to the crew who pulled that off for the cameras. :thumbsup:

Episode stuff:

A little bit of "Lost" with the opening scene of kids swimming in Kate & Sawyer's waterfall pond! :)
Glad to hear that Joe may be showing up more often with his transfer to the island.
Max as Inspector Gadget.... :lol:
Nice to see the jungle scenes with Chin, Steve and Joe...once again thoughts of "Lost" and Rousseau :thumbup:
Miss having Danny part of the "team" instead of being paired with Lori, the new gal...
Spectacular sky diving scene! :D
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Next

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]