[Official] Pan Am S1 Discussion

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Pan Am S1 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:25 am

Pan Am

Sundays, 10:00PM

Discuss Pan Am's Season 1 Episodes here.

Passion, jealousy and espionage... They do it all - and they do it at 30,000 feet. The style of the 1960s, the energy and excitement of the Jet Age and a drama full of sexy entanglements deliciously mesh in this thrilling and highly-original new series.

In this modern world, air travel represents the height of luxury and Pan Am is the biggest name in the business. The planes are glamorous, the pilots are rock stars and the stewardesses are the most desirable women in the world. Not only are these flyboys and girls young and good looking, but to represent Pan Am they also have to be educated, cultured and refined. They're trained to handle everything from in-air emergencies to unwanted advances - all without rumpling their pristine uniforms or mussing their hair. There's Dean (Jonah Lotan) - a cocky, charismatic and ambitious new pilot - the first of a new breed not trained in the war. On the sly against company policy, he's dating Bridget, a stunning beauty with a mysterious past. A rebellious bohemian, Maggie (Christina Ricci) turns into a buttoned up professional for work so she can see the world. Rounding out the crew are flirtatious Collette (Karine Vanasse), the adventurous Kate (Kelli Garner) and, finally, Laura (Margot Robbie) - Kate's beauty queen younger sister, a runaway bride, who recently fled a life of domestic boredom to take to the skies.

"Pan Am" stars Christina Ricci ("Penelope") as Maggie, Kelli Garner ("Going the Distance") as Kate, Karine Vanasse ("Polytechnique") as Colette, Margot Robbie ("Neighbours") as Laura, Jonah Lotan ("24") as Dean and Michael Mosley ("Justified") as Ted.

Jack Orman ("ER," "Men of a Certain Age,"), Tommy Schlamme ("The West Wing," "Parenthood," "Mr. Sunshine") and Nancy Hult Ganis ("Akleeh and the Bee") are the executive producers of "Pan Am." Orman is also the writer, with Schlamme directing. "Pan Am" is produced by Jack Orman Productions, Out of the Blue Entertainment and Shoe Money Productions in association with Sony Pictures Television.

Source: SpoilerTV

Check STV.com/PanAm for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Pan Am S1 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:02 am

I DVDR-ed it, but haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet?

Have any of you guys seen it? How did it go?
Last edited by DarthLocke on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Xindilini on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:10 am

I don't know where to begin.

Having read the producer credits, I am not surprised it is so detailed. Right down to the orange luggage at check-in. I was eight when I took my first flight. I remember how it felt then and now when a plane approaches the gate. I love how the little kid reacted to the airplane in the opening scene. So the setting is definitely great.

The character back stories were interwoven well. We'll probably see more of it in future episodes. The characters themselves are likable. I can't stop comparing it to the original Love Boat. :thumbup:

The 10 pm time slot seems to be perfect for it. I can't think of a more relaxing way to end a weekend. :D

I can't wait to see what happens next.
Xindilini
Stunt Double

Postby kristy815 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:44 pm

It's pretty good really. . .sort of a Mad Men feel which is probably what they were going for. The characters were flawed but likable. . .this may be my favorite of the new premiere's I've watched. Although it's a close race between this and Person of Interest. . .
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]