[Official] The Walking Dead Ep. 2.01 Discussion

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] The Walking Dead Ep. 2.01 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:57 am

"What Lies Ahead"

9:00PM

Discuss The Walking Dead's Season 2 Premiere Episode here.

In the Season 2 premiere, Rick and the group leave Atlanta and encounter a threat on the highway the likes of which they've never seen. Elsewhere, the group search for a missing person.

Source: TVLinks

Check STV.com/TheWalkingDead for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

the walking dead season 2+

Postby thewalkingdead on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:49 pm

i think that the walking dead is awsome and its one off the best horror/sci fi tv shows on tv and its just briliant any other people that think this is one off the best horror shows
thewalkingdead
Viewer

Re: [Official] The Walking Dead Ep. 2.01 Discussion

Postby dutchie on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:38 pm

Im so glad this show is back.
First thing I noticed was that raging bulls pants wasnt pulled up all the way to his armpits anymore.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Gary Troup on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:14 pm

The zombie walk was intense! :scared:

I think the episode could've been normal length though, or maybe 10 mins shorter, the hunt for Sophia felt a little drawn out to me.

And I really hope Morgan and son come back into it soon. Love Lennie James since Jericho :wub:
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby Notice on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:15 am

Awesome episode!

The gutting scene :scared: Loved Rick's face there :D
Andrea was awesome (I just love Laurie Holden :wub: ) and Daryl was pretty epic too.
I also loved that Lori spoke up at the end. Carol blaming Rick was pretty unfair although it's understandable I guess.
The ending :scared: What happened? Someone shot the deer and Carl?
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Postby JacobsMom on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:20 am

Just finished watching it online. :thumbsup: It was a good return premiere but I agree that once they went looking for Sophia, it became way too drawn out. At times, it was almost funny how they had to stop and talk while this urgent need was there to find her. I also had to laugh because by the time they returned to the highway, it looked like sundown but when they returned to the woods, it seemed mid day once again! :lol:

I think Darryl was the real hero of this episode! I loved how he came to T-Dog's(is that his name??) rescue after he sliced open his arm. :thumbup: I can't believe that guy lived after we saw him bleeding that way too. :whistle: Maybe Darryl slapped a tourniquet on him at some point! :lol:

Andrea was just annoying in this episode. She isn't a favorite of mine anyway.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:00 am

I couldn't be happier this show is back. :thumbsup: The wait felt like forever.

Great season premiere episode, with loads of tension and nasty zombie stuff. :P

JacobsMom wrote:I think Darryl was the real hero of this episode! I loved how he came to T-Dog's(is that his name??) rescue after he sliced open his arm.

I think Daryl and Rick were stellar during this episode, but the best for me was definitely Daryl, too, if only because he's not an obvious hero as Rick is. I think he's one of the most valuable members of the group, if not the most. So I agree with you, JacobsMom. :thumbup:

Notice wrote:The gutting scene Loved Rick's face there

Yeah, his face described pretty well how awful that thing probably smelled.

dutchie wrote:First thing I noticed was that raging bulls pants wasnt pulled up all the way to his armpits anymore.

:rofl:

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Joshua on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:15 am

Good ep :) Funny how awesome they can make literally about 8 minutes of just zombies walking by ... great scene!

Cool ending... I hope the boy dies... is that mean? I find him annoying :PP

Only problem I have with this show is I just don't find any of the characters particularly likeable... plus I can't remember many of their names.

Also, someone please remind me... how do you become infected? Zombie blood in your body or... do you not become infected, you just die? Because there was a lot of zombie blood going everywhere this ep...

Also the black guy did well to survive after that massive wound and the rate blood was gushing out of his body :P
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Notice on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:22 am

What I found weird was that they all hid under the cars to avoid getting noticed by the zombies.
But there was one episode where they all ran around with zombie guts on them because the zombies could "smell" them or something :|
Continuity error or can someone clear this up? :S

Joshua wrote:
Also, someone please remind me... how do you become infected? Zombie blood in your body or... do you not become infected, you just die? Because there was a lot of zombie blood going everywhere this ep...

I think you'll get infected if a zombie bites or scratches you. You certainly get infected somehow, because Amy (Andrea's sister) got infected because she got bitten.
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Postby Joshua on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:24 am

Notice wrote:What I found weird was that they all hid under the cars to avoid getting noticed by the zombies.
But there was one episode where they all ran around with zombie guts on them because the zombies could "smell" them or something :|

Joshua wrote:

I think you'll get infected if a zombie bites or scratches you. You certainly get infected somehow, because Amy (Andrea's sister) got infected because she got bitten.

I see. Thank you :) It just seemed like a wound like the black guy had was pretty likely to get infected.

Also - how did Gramps not spot that many zobees on the way? He had his binocs out and gave a thumbs up, then boom - herd. :huh:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Gary Troup on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:04 am

Notice wrote:What I found weird was that they all hid under the cars to avoid getting noticed by the zombies.

Maybe because of all the dead in the cars and on the road, the zombies couldn't smell them and could only smell dead stuff? :hmm:
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby brentoid on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:37 pm

the fact that the zombies didnt smell the survivors didnt bother me too much, what DID annoy me was when the walker attacked andrea in the rv, she was screaming like a good'un, yet no other walker heard her....weird....

ah well, minor quibble asides , really good to have this show back...cracking ending to the ep...that'll learn rick to ask for a sign...

and here comes herschelles farm !!
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby frekkells on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Joshua wrote:

Joshua wrote:

I see. Thank you :) It just seemed like a wound like the black guy had was pretty likely to get infected.

I am a nurse, so the medical errors bother me. The blood spurting from TDog's arm would imply an arterial cut; only arterial cuts spurt. He would have bled to death quite quickly, way before infection would set in. I'm assuming there was a scene or two cut out of the episode. In spite of this I was so happy to have TWD back. I can forgive it. I thought it was a fairly stong premiere, with some interesting exchanges within the group. I think the feeling of desperation is quite palpable.
FREKKELL'S FANTASY FORCE ~ 6th place ~ Season 5 LFL
Credit and Much Thanks to MAGIC BOX for the awesome banner.

Proud owner of Ben's Annie doll and line, "I always have a plan."
frekkells
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:09 pm

I really liked this episode. Yes the bit with Sophia was drawn out but I totally fell for the diversion and I had a fun OMG moment when Carl was shot. If a kid has to die I would prefer Sophia, she is useless (so is her mom). At least Carl has a point in that he is part of the family that Shane wants so badly.

I liked the way this episode presented the theme of faith, not with the church but more the group's faith in Rick and his faith in himself. Things are getting pretty shaky and the group is on the edge, and if Rick can't regain his faith in hemself then the rest will be unable to follow him.

I also like Andrea's scene with Dale. Yes she was a bit annoying but I loved when she let him have it. Laurie Holden is a great actress, and Andrea was in the right. Only a few days ago (in show time) Jim was infected and everyone made a big deal about how he had the right to decide how he wanted to die, and if he wanted to become a zombie then everyone just reisgned themselves to that fact. But Dale took that choice away from Andrea and didn't realize he was being selfish.

And I see a lot of discussion about T-Dog's injury but I think the point was that Daryl saved him at all. It was T-Dog who chained Merle to the roof and lost the key, and Daryl really hated him. So when he saves T-Dog twice in this episode, I think they are showing more of what we already suspect - that Daryl is a really good guy, not like his brother, and he is a valuable member of the group.

What I found weird was that they all hid under the cars to avoid getting noticed by the zombies.
But there was one episode where they all ran around with zombie guts on them because the zombies could "smell" them or something

I saw Kirkman talking about this on TV. He said the zombies aren't like dogs, they don't have super smell. So they can smell the difference between living and dead when you are up close, but not so many feet away. So I guess when Rick and Glenn covered up with guts it was because they were going to be walking among the zombies. But under the cars is far enough away.

Finally, did anyone else think they kicked the gore up a notch in this episode? Looks like maybe they are letting Gerg Nicoero really go for it this year.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DHARMAham on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Does anybody think we will see Merle this season?
DHARMAham
Extra

Next

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]