[Official] The Walking Dead Ep. 2.04 Discussion

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] The Walking Dead Ep. 2.04 Discussion

Postby Joshua on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:48 pm

"Cherokee Rose"

9:00PM

Discuss the latest episode of The Walking Dead here.

Shane makes a sacrifice that makes the others start to behave strangely. Later, the group discusses the fine line between the living and the dead when two different opinions are put to the test by the group of survivors.

Source: TV.com

Check STV.com/TheWalkingDead for Spoilers.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] The Walking Dead Ep. 2.04 Discussion

Postby Bec666 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Good episode, not really sure what to make of it. It seemed to have a bit of a unsteady feel to it. Kind of a lot of little stories instead of one main one. For starters.... the thing in the well was just flat out gross. I mean I think I'm going to puke gross. And I'm not really sure what the purpose was. I have a feeling there is more to this 'family' on the Ranch then we know. Something doesn't feel right with them. I mean they seem sincere but Hershel acts a bit odd....

Shane, what can I say... he stood at that funeral and lied his ass off. You want cold? That was cold. Not much doubt now that he killed Otis in hopes of getting Lori back.

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Another part that seemed disjointed.. Glen and the girl having sex.. ok, the point was? And the biggie at the end. Lori is pregnant. Anyone want to guess who the father is?

Really good episode, I enjoyed it. Just seemed to be missing a bit of a flow.
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby dutchie on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Whats with all the god talk lately on this show.
And I agree with Bec666, there is something a bit odd about these people.
Marita Covarrubias stole Juliets look :D
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby NK-Metal on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:12 am

I liked it, but they have the find Sophia in the next episode.
Lost is the best :D I also love Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Once Upon A Time, Dexter, Misfits, Glee, Prison Break, Fringe, Breaking Bad and others :D

click for Lost quizzes!
http://www.sporcle.com/user/Jorss1/contributed
NK-Metal
Stunt Double

Postby Joshua on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:27 am

Pretty good ep, but I agree about the religion stuff and the people are quite odd. Hiding a dark secret me thinx.

I'm totally getting a Juliet vibe too...

I liked the well monster. He was cute and cuddly.

And, well, lots of it reminds me of Lost (funeral etc). Just... nowhere near as good :P
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Notice on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:55 am

I lol'd at the well zombie :lol: Poor bastard :|

The episode was good IMO.
So Lori is pregnant... That would probably be Shane's, right? Hershel is definitly hiding something! DId you guys catch the glance he and Maggie shared when they discussed what to do if Sophia was infected? :hmm:
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Postby Woongo on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:28 pm

The well zombie made me laugh so hard. :lol: When it broke in half.. :rofl:

Good episode overall. Yeah, the baby could be Shane's, I suppose. But how could you really find out the truth during a zombie apocalypse?
"No use in having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them." - Locke

Thanks to Devil's Arcade for the signature!

Woongo
Supporting Actor

Postby DHARMAham on Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Excellent episode. I was transfixed by the well zombie breaking in half. They need to let the cat out of the bag now re Lori's pregnancy and/or move from Hershel's farm. In my opinion they are too isolated
DHARMAham
Extra

Postby Bec666 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:55 pm

I noticed the glance too. And the way Herschel told Rick not to camp by the barn. I also sort of wonder if Maggie knew the zombie was in the well when she told them to help themselves to the water.
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby JacobsMom on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:07 am

I didn't care that much for this episode. The story line has really slowed down with Sophia being lost and the group at a standstill. I enjoyed the introduction of the group at the farm but now I agree with everyone else, they seem to be hiding something. I can understand that maybe Herschel is concerned about providing for all these people and them using up his families resources/supplies but he sure did a 180 on Rick about packing up and leaving them alone.

Once again the episode was good because of Daryl. That scene where he brings in the flower to Carol was just touching. I would have never thought we'd see this type of personality from what we saw of Daryl in season 1. One thing I was wondering is if he ever told anyone in the group what he found at that abandoned house? It sure looked like Sophia could be hiding out there but maybe it is someone else too.

I think the group has to move on though if we are ever to see Merle or even the man and his boy who helped Rick in season 1. I guess I'm more curious about them at this point than anything going on at the farm.

Zombie in the well.... :thumbsdown: It just seemed like a way to include one in the episode and I hated the way the group used Glen as live bait. Now if we would have had a small group of them show up at the pharmacy, that would have been entertaining! I would have loved to see an escape of Glen and Maggie on their horses as the zombies chase them down the street. :lol:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby NK-Metal on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:12 am

I agree. No more use Glenn as bait :|. Poor guy. I don't want him to die :cry: :cry:
Lost is the best :D I also love Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, Once Upon A Time, Dexter, Misfits, Glee, Prison Break, Fringe, Breaking Bad and others :D

click for Lost quizzes!
http://www.sporcle.com/user/Jorss1/contributed
NK-Metal
Stunt Double

Postby supermodel on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:35 am

The best part of the show was the ten minutes Shane was onscreen. Can you believe the outrageous story he concocted at the funeral? Last week he was sort of not lying, just not telling the truth. But this week he actually made up a conversation with Otis. He should keep his mouth shut, the more he talks the more opportunity there is for him to slip up.

I really loved Shane's conversation with Andrea, it solidified what we discussed last week - Shane is not a crazy killerm, he is a survivor. Almost every sentence out of his mouth was great. Adrenaline will jkill you, you have to turn of the switch because someone is counting on you, when you take a man's life you have to forget it. Wow! And then they discuss Sophia being bitten and Rick says "You do what you have to do." Yessir, Shane will do that.

But that was it, the rest of the ep pretty much nothing happened. I am so OVER the Sophia storyline. I know in show time she has only been missing three days but in vewer time it has dragged on way too long, and seemingly with no point. It's not good TV. FInd her, save her or kill her, can we please just move on?

Is the promo considered a spoiler?
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
The promo made me realize that the "where's Sophia" storyline is a set up to have Daryl wandering around in the woods by himself so he can fall down that hill and ...well, if you saw it you know. But did she have to be missing all this time? Couldn't she just wander off the farm for a couple of hours and Daryl would go after her?
supermodel
Show Expert

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]