[Official] The Walking Dead Season 2 Eps. 8 to 13 Discussion

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] The Walking Dead Season 2 Eps. 8 to 13 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:58 am

[Official] The Walking Dead Eps. 2.08 to 2.13 Discussion

"THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 2"

Sundays, 9:00PM

Discuss The Walking Dead's 2.08 to the Season Finale Episode Here.

Cast: Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes; Jon Bernthal as Shane Walsh; Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori Grimes; Laurie Holden as Andrea; Jeffrey DeMunn as Dale Horvath; Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon; Melissa Suzanne McBride as Carol Peletier; IronE Singleton as T-Dog, Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes.

Check SpoilerTV.com for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] The Walking Dead Season 2 Eps. 8 to 13 Discus

Postby Leroi22 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:04 am

I'm psyched!!!! I'm ready for them to leave the farmhouse, I'm sure everything between Hershel and our group is going to be super intense!
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby supermodel on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:29 am

Ack! I'm going to miss E8, I'm traveling in Africa and there is almost zero chance I can watch it out here. Must block all TWD news to avoid spoilers until I get home!
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby frekkells on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:00 pm

They are going up against the end of the Superbowl. :O
Hopefully, one team will dominate and it will be all but over by 9pm.
FREKKELL'S FANTASY FORCE ~ 6th place ~ Season 5 LFL
Credit and Much Thanks to MAGIC BOX for the awesome banner.

Proud owner of Ben's Annie doll and line, "I always have a plan."
frekkells
Show Expert

Postby Twitchys Girl on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:36 pm

I'm so excited to see this tonight! I really have nothing more to add, lol.
Twitchy's Girl
Twitchys Girl
Extra

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:29 pm

Man, last night's episode was definitely worth the wait...plenty of material for discussion. Everyone's starting to lose it, methinks!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Great episode - is anyone else itching to leave the farm now?
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Bec666 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:39 pm

I loved the episode from start to finish. There were so many sub plots being started.

Shane, the man is really going off the deep end fast. I have a nagging suspicion he is going to try and kill Dale. And speaking of Dale, I love him. He's the only one that not only sees Shane for what he is but is willing to stand up to him.

The aftermath of the barn was so sad. My heart went out to Herschel, it was so sad to see him just sitting there staring at all his family and friends. He finally had to face reality and come to terms with what they were.

I also found it interesting how Rick had to look at things from a new point of view in the bar. He was in the same position Herschel was in when they showed up asking for help. Now suddenly Rick was the one that had to worry about his family and food supplies. And he didn't blink when it came to turning the strangers down. Of course it was pretty obvious they were not real nice guys.. The big question is.. will their 'friends' come looking for Rick and the group now?

Now to Lori, the whole scene made no sense. There was no reason for her to go after Rick and Herschel. Rick new the girl was sick and he went to town to bring Herschel back. So what was Lori going for? I think it was just a way to make her lose the baby. Having her pregant will pose a lot of issues down the road. Just a thought...

One scene I forgot to mentioned that just puzzled me was Shane, washing off Carol's hands and arms.. it was just sort of bizzare.....
ImageImage Image
I'm a Sam Girl, but I've been known to cheat....
Sometimes life's Hell. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty.
Bec666
Guest Star

Postby dutchie on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Bec666 wrote:One scene I forgot to mentioned that just puzzled me was Shane, washing off Carol's hands and arms.. it was just sort of bizzare.....

I think this was to show us that behind that whole "missing link" image, there is still some sort of humanity there.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby CLDeangrl on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:04 am

dutchie wrote:
Bec666 wrote:One scene I forgot to mentioned that just puzzled me was Shane, washing off Carol's hands and arms.. it was just sort of bizzare.....

I think this was to show us that behind that whole "missing link" image, there is still some sort of humanity there.

I don't think so...or if that was the intent, it was badly handled. If you go back and watch that scene again, you'll see that throughout the whole thing, Shane is talking about himself the whole time, "I didn't know she was in the barn", "I didn't mean for it to happen, "I'm not that kind of guy"...may appear to be a genuine kind gesture, but underneath it all it was all about him. Typical of Shane.

Agreed on the scene in the bar, bec...I loved that whole thing. Very powerful and thought provoking. Rick and Herschel are both seeing things from the others perspective now.

And yeah, the whole accident had to just be a way to get rid of the baby, no other logical reason for it.

My heart went out to Daryl too...just when he'd found a shred of hope to hold onto and something to give him a purpose, he had it ripped out from under him. I just hope he can rebound from it.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DHARMAham on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:45 am

Anyone think that in her grief Carol could make a pass at Shane?

REALLY was not expecting the 2 guys getting shot, was paying attention to the scenes to find out all about them then...BANG...ah well... :D
DHARMAham
Extra

Postby Joshua on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:39 pm

The bar scene was good, quite tense when it changed, but it was the only bit of the episode that really had me hooked.

Lori was just ridiculous. Poorly handled, tbh.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby CLDeangrl on Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:15 pm

DHARMAham wrote:Anyone think that in her grief Carol could make a pass at Shane?

REALLY was not expecting the 2 guys getting shot, was paying attention to the scenes to find out all about them then...BANG...ah well... :D

I seriously doubt it on Carol...she looked totally creeped out during that hand washing scene. I think he scares the crap out of her. But frankly, I'd rather she make a pass at Shane than Daryl, so go for it! :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:51 pm

The only thing I didn't like about the bar scene is I now feel like we're going to be stuck at the farm until episode 13 :(
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:18 am

That may have been the most disturbing episode to date, on many levels.

From the physical standpoint, just when I thought they couldn't get worse than the zombie eating through the windshield, they get to the leg through the fence scene. God almighty! Cruel as it may sound, I think Hershel may have been right that just shooting the kid would've been more merciful!

Then on the psychological level, we have people continuing to unravel after the barn episode.

Shane is barrelling down that slippery slope so fast it's making everyone's head spin. And that last scene with Rick and Lori...looks like they may be setting up an ultimate Rick vs. Shane showdown. Could get REALLY interesting.

Daryl continues to struggle. I feel for him, but then he is my favorite. Seriously, though...just when he felt like he had a purpose and he belonged he had the rug ripped out from under him and now he's too afraid to feel that connection again. Have to say, this was the first time that I really felt like Carol had a purpose, though I still don't want to see the two of them get together.

And I really wasn't expecting all the development with Glen, but it was good to see. He'd been pretty much a fringe character up to now but now we're getting to see what's going on under the surface and so far I'm liking it. I just hope he can cope with it all too.

Man, this show just gets better by the minute...constantly leaves you with something to think about. I love that!!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Next

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]