[Official] The Walking Dead Season 2 Eps. 8 to 13 Discussion

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] The Walking Dead Season 2 Eps. 8 to 13 Discus

Postby Devil's Arcade on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:49 pm

CLDeangrl wrote:I had a feeling Hershel wasn't going to make it but now I've seen something that has changed my mind. Won't post it on the non-spoiler board, though. ;)

That is essentially a spoiler in itself though...
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:52 pm

I think Hershel is too obvious - the whole "going down with the ship" attitude could easily be seen in the preview. Because of that, I don't see him going. The show hasn't been about the obvious and I don't think they're going to start now.

I don't think I'd be surprised if someone from his group did go - though I'm hoping Maggie and Hershel live.

Whatever happened to the girl who was lying in the bed for the longest time anyways? Have we seen her lately?
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:48 pm

DharmaLager wrote:
So if you had to put money (no spoilers, but that goes without saying since it's the no spoilers area) on one person you don't want to make it through the finale, who would it be and why?

I think the writers could let Carol go, with Sophia's death her storyline has ended. Yes, she has been creepily friendly with Darryl, but I think her purpose was to encourage him to assert himself and find his place in the group. In the last two weeks Rick has come to rely on Darryl and now with Shane gone I see him stepping into that role. So we don't need Carol anymore.

I could also see any and all of Herschel's group getting killed, with the exception of Maggie. When Team Rick leaves the farm, there will be some dramatic tension as Glenn and Maggie decide whether to stay together on the farm, hit the road together, or break up. I'm not sure Maggie would leave home while her father is alive and in such a fragile emotional state.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:58 pm

killing off any of hershels crew apart from maggie & herschel himself wouldn't really make a big shock...those characters arent really on screen for a lot of the time, so their deaths would be a great big MEH...

my guess is a few of them will bite it...i hope its a suitably gross death...

the ones i want to survive / think will survive are...rick, lori, carl, darryl, andrea, glenn & maggie...hershel is important being the only guy with medical training, so i guess he'll stay...

t-dog & carol to be a zombie buffet...as for the rest the herschels group, i cant even remember their names...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:28 am

brentoid wrote:killing off any of hershels crew apart from maggie & herschel himself wouldn't really make a big shock...those characters arent really on screen for a lot of the time, so their deaths would be a great big MEH...

my guess is a few of them will bite it...i hope its a suitably gross death...

the ones i want to survive / think will survive are...rick, lori, carl, darryl, andrea, glenn & maggie...hershel is important being the only guy with medical training, so i guess he'll stay...

t-dog & carol to be a zombie buffet...as for the rest the herschels group, i cant even remember their names...

How could you forget JIMMY!?!?...(I forgot him until they mentioned his actual name a few weeks ago)
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Devil's Arcade wrote:
CLDeangrl wrote:I had a feeling Hershel wasn't going to make it but now I've seen something that has changed my mind. Won't post it on the non-spoiler board, though. ;)

That is essentially a spoiler in itself though...

Not at all...I didn't mention any details, just that something changed my mind. We've all seen the previews for this week...they could be interpreted many ways.

As for Carol, as much as she annoyed me in the past, since Sophia's death I think she's finally started to show some personality so I actually wouldn't want to see her go now...could provide an interesting dramatic undertone with the feelings she's obviously having for Daryl. Would be a shame to cut that off before the writers had the chance to explore it some more.

The girl in the bed is Beth and we haven't actually seen her since her suicide attempt. She, Jimmy, and Patty (Otis' wife) are pretty much non-entities at this point.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:11 pm

I'm on team Jimmy - KEEP JIMMY ALIVE!

Thanks for reminding me about Beth - I couldn't remember her name for the life of me. I'm guessing Hershel and Maggie survive - but of the other three, I'm guessing at least one goes if not more.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:21 am

Question of the day - How Much Ammo Does Hershel Have?
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:19 am

Dayum! That was a tremendous way to tie up the season.

The zombie stampede had me at the edge of my seat...Patty and Jimmy were a good call, not a huge surprise there. But it was freaky with everyone separated and not knowing who would survive.

I'm glad they regrouped them now, for a moment there I thought they might leave them hanging till next season.

But man, once they did...I'm sorry but I would like to slap the living daylights out of Lori and Carl! After everything that went down, everything that Rick went through...which, btw, he didn't ask for, Shane forced his hand...and they're getting all worked up over Shane? Talk about ungrateful! Left me really feeling for Rick. Loved his final speech there, btw...one of the best of the whole season.

I will say that I can understand...TO A DEGREE...Lori being upset about Carl having to take down zombie Shane, but really? Get over yourself, bitch! If you'd kept a better eye on your freaking kid in the first place maybe none of this would've happened!

Otherwise...way to go, Glen, for finally telling Maggie how you feel!

Excellent introduction of Michonne at the end there...and even though she's annoyed me at times, I'm glad Andrea survived.

I'm actually glad Carol survived too...which I never thought I'd hear myself say...but she's grown on me. Though I don't know why she was so bent out of shape about Rick keeping the infection secret...what is the big deal? Not like it changes anything.

And finally, I just have to say it...I love me some Daryl Dixon!!! The man just totally rocks...and Carol, you're riding off on his bike with him, you hold onto HIM, not the seat! Duh, woman! Just saying. :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby supermodel on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:57 am

Woah, that was awesome. I couldn't believe the hour flew by so fast! I also was glad to see the group reunited, and I half expected them to catch up wtih Andrea pretty soon. But now that she looks to be joining Team Michonne, we might have parallel storylines for a while.

Talking Dead had one of the executive producers on, and he said Lori was more mad at herself than Rick. She put Rick and Shane in motion, she egged them on and perhaps didn't expect the outcome. That makes sense, I totally believe that Lori would run her mouth and try to get Rick to "do something" without really thinking through the consequences. And now both Rick and Carl have killed Shane and maybe she holds herself responsible? I dunno but it sounds plausible. It would be nice to see people on this show realize that their actions have consequences, a lot of them don't seem to get it.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Yeah, I thought that was a credible point when they brought it up. I just have no patience for Lori anymore. If anyone needs to realize the consequences of their actions, it's her. She's so totally screwed things up it's not even funny and now she's dragged her son into it. Real mother of the year material there!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Andrea and Hershel were awesome this episode.

Aside from Hershel clearly having some video game code giving him unlimited ammo - I loved seeing him defend the farm. That said, I'm really glad he lived - I think he's a valuable character and I've come to like him a lot. Watching him look back at his barn/farm burn to the ground - was a sight.

As for the hot topic of Lori - yeah, really? I've tried to enjoy her character and just can't. Andrea is my new favorite female character - (until season 3 when you can guess who will take that spot).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Andrea is among my least favorites, which is unfortunate because I do like her in the comic. She's just so unpleasant and unlikeable this past season and not nearly the badass she thinks she is. But of course I think all the female characters are awful. But maybe we finally have a strong, powerful woman to show her how it's done?

Non-comic folks, what did you think of the final shot of the large mysterious building complex in the distance? Did that make any sense to you? I think it was clearly designed for comic readers who know what that building is, to signal where we are going next season. Which is a big switch from the S1 finale.

Overall, I would say this episode didn't feel like the finale. I feel like last week was the finale and this week was more of a setup for next season. Which is not a bad thing.
Last edited by supermodel on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:48 pm

supermodel wrote:Overall, I would say this episode didn't feel like the finale. I feel like last week was the finale and this week was more of a setup for next season. Which is not a bad thing.

I think this is really accurate - it was a great episode - but I feel as though this episode was really enjoyable for me b/c of the set-up for Season 3 and because I'm a fan of the comics. I'm interested in how the non-comic fans took it.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:02 pm

DharmaLager wrote:Andrea and Hershel were awesome this episode.

Aside from Hershel clearly having some video game code giving him unlimited ammo - I loved seeing him defend the farm. That said, I'm really glad he lived - I think he's a valuable character and I've come to like him a lot. Watching him look back at his barn/farm burn to the ground - was a sight.

As for the hot topic of Lori - yeah, really? I've tried to enjoy her character and just can't. Andrea is my new favorite female character - (until season 3 when you can guess who will take that spot).

I too was very glad that Hershel survived. I love how they've developed his character. I didn't like Andrea initially but I was glad she survived too. I'm curious to see how she'll develop now that she's not under the shadow of either Dale or Shane.

Lori on the other hand could be killed off and I wouldn't care...she annoys the crap out of me. Carl too, for that matter. But I'm hoping they let him grow up a little in Season 3. I could see my opinion of him changing, but not Lori. Rick deserves so much better.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]