[Official] The Walking Dead Season 2 Eps. 8 to 13 Discussion

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] The Walking Dead Season 2 Eps. 8 to 13 Discus

Postby DharmaLager on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:03 am

CLDeangrl wrote:
DharmaLager wrote:Andrea and Hershel were awesome this episode.

Aside from Hershel clearly having some video game code giving him unlimited ammo - I loved seeing him defend the farm. That said, I'm really glad he lived - I think he's a valuable character and I've come to like him a lot. Watching him look back at his barn/farm burn to the ground - was a sight.

As for the hot topic of Lori - yeah, really? I've tried to enjoy her character and just can't. Andrea is my new favorite female character - (until season 3 when you can guess who will take that spot).

I too was very glad that Hershel survived. I love how they've developed his character. I didn't like Andrea initially but I was glad she survived too. I'm curious to see how she'll develop now that she's not under the shadow of either Dale or Shane.

I'm with you on Andrea - I think she'll develop better without Dale and Shane around. I didn't ness. hate her and Dale - but I think on her own and with another strong female character to play off of, we will get a nice return.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Joshua on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:09 am

That was AWESOME! The first twenty minutes... oh my gosh, full on adrenaline rush! The music was so intense the whole time. Amazing.

The second half was slower but I loved how it set up next season. So glad Andrea survived, I've actually grown to really like her. Hershel too was awesome, as was Daryl. Even starting to like Maggie and Carol!

supermodel wrote:Non-comic folks, what did you think of the final shot of the large mysterious building complex in the distance? Did that make any sense to you? I think it was clearly designed for comic readers who know what that building is, to signal where we are going next season. Which is a big switch from the S1 finale..

I know what it is from reading people's comments before, but had I not known, I probably would have been asking "What was that?!" I have no idea what goes down there though, or who the mysterious new person is, so I am very excited for S3.

What's the verdict, people? Did you prefer S1 or S2? Vote here!
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby brentoid on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:46 am

phew...that was awesome... and tense as hell

love michonne's introduction... glad they kept the walkers on chains !! too good not to use that...who is playing her does anyone know? i had heard that tara from true blood had got it, but im not too sure...although she would be a damn good fit...or have they not cast her yet, hence the hood??

ricks speech at the end as well :thumbsup:
this isnt a democracy
damn straight rick...about time too...carol needs to shut her damn mouth as well...she's about as useful as a marzipan dildo...

lori as well...grrr...so what if she was feeling bad about setting all the rick / shane shenanigans in motion, thats no frickin reason to act the way she did...

and the last shot ? heheh...i was chatting to my mate before season 2 started, and i had said that by the end of season 2 we will see
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
the prison
...so i had a smug grin on my face... :D

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
prison = governor
...season 3 is gonna be sooo awesome...which makes the wait so damn frustrating, but such is the life for tv junkies as ourselves...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:48 pm

love michonne's introduction... glad they kept the walkers on chains !! too good not to use that...who is playing her does anyone know? i had heard that tara from true blood had got it, but im not too sure...although she would be a damn good fit...or have they not cast her yet, hence the hood??

The actress who will play Michonne is Danai Gurira, from Treme. But that is not her in the finale, it's a stand-in. They knew as soon as they cast the role the news would leak and that would spoil her surprise entrance, so they did not cast the role until after they shot the episode. In fact, Kirkman says she was only cast a week before the episode aired.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ing-301729
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:38 am

So what do we do now aside from wait for 8 months :(
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:10 am

Play that ridiculous FB game they keep promoting? They can't think of a better name than "TWD social networking game?"
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:17 am

supermodel wrote:Play that ridiculous FB game they keep promoting? They can't think of a better name than "TWD social networking game?"

Good question - you'd think they could have come up with a better name, wouldn't you? I guess we can be left to think about who we think is going to survive Season 3.

Personally, I hope Lori goes - she's getting on my nerves.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:39 pm

I'm with you there, Dharma...Lori's at the top of my list...the sooner she's zombie food, the better! :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Joshua on Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 pm

I'd be very happy to see Lori made Zombie dinner. And I want it to be gruesome. And I want Carl to watch. Then I want Carl to be nommed.

...Am I sick? :scared:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby brentoid on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:38 pm

Joshua wrote:I'd be very happy to see Lori made Zombie dinner. And I want it to be gruesome. And I want Carl to watch. Then I want Carl to be nommed.

...Am I sick? :scared:

yes, completely, but dont worry...you're in good company... :w00t:

Lori is a total melt, as i've said many times before...and yup, her death would ilicit a whoop from myself, i doubt we'll be seing that for a while...

personally i want to see carol bite it...& i know exactly how i want it to happen...
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:32 pm

For what it's worth (and those who read the comics may agree) - I found her annoying in all possible forms. The only reason I tried to like her is because she's the lead female from Prison Break, haha
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:09 am

You're definitely not alone on the Lori/Carl front. :D

As for Carol...I'm on the fence about her. She started out annoying the crap out of me, but she's grown on me toward the end of this season after Sophia died. Provided she continues to develop the way she has and doesn't just become a whiny nuisance, I wouldn't mind her sticking around. But if she's just going to whine, then all bets are off!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Joshua on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:40 pm

CLDeangrl wrote:You're definitely not alone on the Lori/Carl front. :D

As for Carol...I'm on the fence about her. She started out annoying the crap out of me, but she's grown on me toward the end of this season after Sophia died. Provided she continues to develop the way she has and doesn't just become a whiny nuisance, I wouldn't mind her sticking around. But if she's just going to whine, then all bets are off!

I'm with you, CLD. I've actually started to like her a little bit and would like some more development there.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby supermodel on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:27 pm

A friend told me she thinks T Dog should have pushed Lori out the car door and backed over her a few times!

I hate Lori and I hated Sara Tancredi in Prison Break, and I'm trying hard not to blame it on Sarah Wayne Callies. It's not her fault if the writers make Lori a bitch.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:43 pm

DharmaLager wrote:For what it's worth (and those who read the comics may agree) - I found her annoying in all possible forms. The only reason I tried to like her is because she's the lead female from Prison Break, haha

she's one of the most accurate translations from the comic...a total head fry in either version...dont really see andrea as comic version andrea ...yet...
brentoid
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]