[Official] Last Resort - S1 - Discussion

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Last Resort - S1 - Discussion

Postby DarkUFO on Fri May 18, 2012 8:39 am

Non Spoiler Discussion here
DarkUFO
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Last Resort - S1 - Discussion

Postby supermodel on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:39 am

Wow, am I the only person watching this show? I don't love it yet, but I think it has potential and I like it enough to give it a few weeks.

Although tonight was probably the weakest episode yet. I have no interest in the bartender and I hate every moment of her and Brooding SEAL. And now we had to see her family, what was the point of introducing that subplot? The local warlord is bad enough, that character is a mess, and now we have a bunch of off-the-grid macho Australians? Please tell me that will not be an ongoing storyline.
Last edited by supermodel on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby Sym on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:31 am

I look at him and very cute
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
War against the world Black Sails
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby supermodel on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Good point!
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby Sym on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:43 pm

I am perplexed ....
The third episode was a little dish :huh:
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:44 pm

supermodel wrote:Wow, am I the only person watching this show? I don't love it yet, but I think it has potential and I like it enough to give it a few weeks.

Although tonight was probably the weakest episode yet. I have no interest in the bartender and I hate every moment of her and Brooding SEAL. And now we had to see her family, what was the point of introducing that subplot? The local warlord is bad enough, that character is a mess, and now we have a bunch of off-the-grid macho Australians? Please tell me that will not be an ongoing storyline.

No. I'm watching it too! :) -But I like it so far. I'm actually interested in all of the possible subplots because they add a complex view of civilization in relation to Government and/or differences in belief systems adding a nice human element to the political-military drama (But jeesh, winks to Lost much?! A -Shepphard, Cortez, Linus and a radio tower with a French chick in a tropical setting and crazy Aussies!:P ---Also on Felicity Ben Covington/Scott Speedman took this career assessment test and Dr. Pavone told him he could be a captain on a ship :lol: )

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sym on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:19 am

My fear is that giving too much space to individual needs;
lose sight of the plot and storyline social and political :thumbsup: (which is the most interesting)

I personally am not interested in the characters and their personal stories. :thumbsdown:
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Sym wrote:My fear is that giving too much space to individual needs;
lose sight of the plot and storyline social and political :thumbsup: (which is the most interesting)

I personally am not interested in the characters and their personal stories. :thumbsdown:

Totally opposite for me. I always feel that social politics/culture doesn't matter or isn't interesting unless we realize that everyone is "human". IMO everything about humanity in any time, relies on the belief of the pursuit itself, and thus stories that aren't about the personal triumphs and losses of people don't appeal to me, because those things presented in those stories are why anything is ever the way anything is. If we don't learn anything from our experiences, than what is the point in having them?

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sym on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:44 am

I say goodbye to Last Resort. :(

I I can not get, :blush:
I tried, but I do not like. :cry:

I find it slow, first of emotion, unreal .... :| :thumbsdown:

I am so disappointed, :cry:
I was expecting a show dynamic brain ..... :unsure:
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby supermodel on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:26 pm

I still like this show, I am willing to give any vehicle for Andre Braugher a chance. And for the most part the main storyline about what do honor and duty mean, what constitutes defending your country, is pretty good. But there are issues.

In particular I think they are really floundering with the bit about the resident drug warlord. They almost got somewhere last week when Chaplin was talking about not wanting to risk an insurgency, but the action to this point does not support that fear. We have yet to see any of the indigenous people, we don't know how they feel about this sub and all these Americans in their village, and so there isn't any real threat of insurgency that we can see. We have no idea if the locals support the warlord because they are nonexistent. For all we know they would be delighted if someone took the guy out. I know I would, I find that subplot distracting.

This week was a pretty good episode, my major nitpick is the scene where the special forces guys beat up their colleague who hangs out in the bar. Seems like special forces would have the strongest bond of all and they would not so easily fall apart and turn on each other.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:36 pm

supermodel wrote:I still like this show, I am willing to give any vehicle for Andre Braugher a chance. And for the most part the main storyline about what do honor and duty mean, what constitutes defending your country, is pretty good. But there are issues.

In particular I think they are really floundering with the bit about the resident drug warlord. They almost got somewhere last week when Chaplin was talking about not wanting to risk an insurgency, but the action to this point does not support that fear. We have yet to see any of the indigenous people, we don't know how they feel about this sub and all these Americans in their village, and so there isn't any real threat of insurgency that we can see. We have no idea if the locals support the warlord because they are nonexistent. For all we know they would be delighted if someone took the guy out. I know I would, I find that subplot distracting.

This week was a pretty good episode, my major nitpick is the scene where the special forces guys beat up their colleague who hangs out in the bar. Seems like special forces would have the strongest bond of all and they would not so easily fall apart and turn on each other.

I agree about the drug lord stor yline. I agree that there isn't enough proof to suggest that kind of drama/fear. -But there could always be things we don't know, so I'm willing to let it stew.

I think steroe typically special forces would bond too, but I do think that there could be bullying in cases like this. (One thing I like about Person of Interest goes along the same lines, which is when your country uses you for deplorable acts how these groups can all far apart. The Mark Snow, Kara Stanton, and Reese story is a good one, since non of us know what Stanton values more, revenge, truth, and justice, or her relationship with Reese!)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:59 am

Worst episode yet. I am trying really hard to like this show but I'm not sure i can take it any more. That local warlord is so annoying, why do they not just kill him. The foot burning scene was so stupid. Why are we wasting time with this? And I do not believe for one minute that Cortez is the traitor.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby Devil's Arcade on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:21 am

Its cancelled, you don't have to 'waste your time with it' any more.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:52 am

Devil's Arcade wrote:Its cancelled, you don't have to 'waste your time with it' any more.

I forgot about this show after the 2nd episode and was just about to start catching up when I saw it got canceled. Bummed to be honest - mainly because I visited the site where they film when I was in Oahu (also a well known film spot for Lost and 50 First Dates).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:41 am

DharmaLager wrote:
Devil's Arcade wrote:Its cancelled, you don't have to 'waste your time with it' any more.

I forgot about this show after the 2nd episode and was just about to start catching up when I saw it got canceled. Bummed to be honest - mainly because I visited the site where they film when I was in Oahu (also a well known film spot for Lost and 50 First Dates).

Bummer! :thumbsdown: I liked it! :cry:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Next

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]