Warehouse 13 S4.1 A New Hope Recap

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Warehouse 13 S4.1 A New Hope Recap

Postby wearelostbeth on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:20 am

What a sad opening.. slow motion and heavy music.. a replay of the way things ended last season.. and then into an assessment of the damage. Artie does his run around without explanation thing- the Ytterbium chamber is broken. it was made of the hardest metal on earth- lutetium. And unfortunately it was protecting Pandora's Box. Yep, all hope is literally lost. Welcome back to Warehouse 13 :cry:

It's a straight forward plan:
1) using the watch, if they can figure it out, find the fail safe, somewhere in the world
2) set time back 24+/- hours - hopefully
3) Find the thing in Warehouse 13 that would stop the bomb if they do make it back in time
4) Restore Hope to the World. Simple

They have 22 hours left before the fail safe is useless. Clues on the watch lead to Southern France and a remote sect of the Knights of the Templar: The Brotherhood of the Knights of the Black Diamond. Everyone is needed on this mission. Despite Myka's awesome pep talk about checking yourself for selfishness, Claudia's going to get her Steve back. But she's willing to help save the Warehouse first.

In France and 10 hours left.. the team is being not so subtly tailed by the Knights. Still sticking to the plan of searching their cover business- truffle auctions. Pete and Myka provide a distraction for Claudia and Artie to slip into the Carbonado marked Prive or you know, where they store barrels and Magellan's Astrolabe - an instrument used by sailors to get their bearing at sea. Curiously the alidade to Magellan's is missing but before we can go any further- Ambushed! Claudia trapped! Agent down :( Hope is dwindling .. But there's no time! They have to get to the missing piece. 4:18 on the watch is figured out to be a verse of the bible from Matthew 16:18 (military time Thank you Pete) that leads them to Rome and the Vatican. 8 hours left

Rome- lotso rioting in the streets.. they need access to the underground tunnel to St. Peter's tomb but the restaurant is closed. Myka plays Anarchist to create the diversion this time and gets arrested. Under two hours left with two agents down and two agents march on. Artie and Pete travel through the tunnels to St. Peter's tomb and Old Dog Artie shows some old skills with restarting the elevator despite a false and painful start. Good news: the alidade is in the elevator Bad news: the Knight of the Black Diamond are behind them and it's their last chance to stop the time turning..
Pete shoots one with the tesla, Artie takes a hit, Pete loses the tesla but kicks the guy "Hey Ho! My partner taught me that one." One more left and it's mano y mano into the elevator as the doors ding closed. Artie scrambles to get them opened... fight is over and the bad guy Main Knight is fatally stabbed. Pete's got the alidade but a stabby wound of his own :scared: I was not prepared for Pete's death. it was heart breaking and everything Petey about Pete. Poor Artie is all alone.

Double checking with Leena and the historian Regent, Mr. Keeler, they're betting it all on Ghandi's Dhoti from his fast for nonviolence thought to be pure peace. Sounds promising. But wait! One last dire warning from the head knight before he dies: Don't tell anyone about the astrolabe or they'd be in grave danger. Oh, and using the astrolabe will create an evil of your own making to haunt you the rest of your days. Huh, but Artie can't leave things as is.. he's taking that chance. Nifty rewind.. and Artie is back at the Warehouse where Myka and H.G (!!) are freeing themselves from the rope. As his brain catches up with his body the tasks are clear: get the bomb out the wheelchair and get Ghandi's Dhoti. No time to explain, can't we just save the day without nagging questions?! But it doesn't work.. the bomb ticks on.. Quick! Myka & H.G talk fast and solve the problem.. it's a hate bomb but the bomb don't hate.. Walter Sykes hates.. don't peace wrap the bomb, peace wrap the man. of course. :roll:

Luckily Artie knows that Pete & Walter are fighting at the portal. Side note: I think "Stop nagging, save the world" should be the tag line for the season.. Instead of trapping Walter on the other side of the portal, Pete tosses him back into the warehouse and Myka peace robes him. After a few tense seconds the bomb stops. Ooh but that was a hard crack to his head.The spell of Collodi's bracelet is broken and Sykes gets to apologize before he dies. Hope restored.
Artie is suddenly vouching for H.G. as a good person, deserving of her freedom. And yes, despite the sudden and inexplicable change of heart, the Regents are willing to go with Artie's gut on this one. :PP
Can Artie really get through the day without having to explain that he used an artifact to turn back time and save not just the Warehouse and their lives but the hope of mankind?? Not if Mrs. Fredrick and her new grey streaked hair have anything to say.. And remember that whole "you'll create an evil" thing, Claudia and her box o' metrodome have run off to save Steve. .. and someone's had a vision/dream of Claudia attacking Artie with a knife. :O Will Claudia have to take a life (Artie) to bring back a life (Steve) ? How long before Mrs. F pieces together what Artie did? Just how bad will the repercussions of this artifact be? Guess we have to tune in next Monday :PP Don't let the Olympics distract you!

My favorite moments loved the slo mo surreal opening with flashbacks to what was metaphorically lost to each of them.
"And in the bottom of Pandora's box all that remained was hope"
Myka "and every day people die. Sometimes it's people we care about and sometimes it's even people we love. WE just need to make sure that we're not being selfish"
"That's Portuguese for ' Push the Button' " they all look at her stunned "Really! This is still a surprise to you?"
All the football scene- The football is a global artifact tracker!! "The internet is a distant second to the football" and when Artie hail mary's it back into orbit, Pete slapped his ass and said "Good game" "Thank You"

Claudia "Don't think this is over. I will remember what I have to do and nothing will stop me from doing it"

Ideas for artifacts of peace: Myka- Something that belonged to Sgt. Shriver, he was the first director of the Peace Corp Claudia- "Yea, or the first peace treaty ever signed. We must have that.." Pete- "or a Peace Keeping Missile! And that's why this is not my department"

Artie- "You're still an expert at breaking and entering.." Claudia- " it's like stealing a bicycle "
"Good friends, good books & a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." — Mark Twain

ImageImageImage
wearelostbeth
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Warehouse 13 S4.1 A New Hope Recap

Postby JacobsMom on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:53 am

Thanks for posting the recap beth!

I'm still watching W13 and thought the episode for the new season was great. :thumbsup: Everything left off right from last season and it has a new darker twist to the story line which I really like. We still get the fun stuff too but I like how tptb are taking the characters even deeper into serious situations which I think started with both H.G. Wells and Steve's story lines last season. That part where Pete dies was very unexpected and I was shocked they went that far with his character!! :cry: It's also nice to see that Artie has the main story line now for this new season.

I always get a kick when tptb mention South Dakota stuff since I'm from S.D. It was fun to hear that Mr. Keeler got his PHD in History from USD in Rapid City ( where I'm from) even though it can't be true in real life! :lol: The University of South Dakota is actually located in the eastern part of the state in Vermillion, SD. Rapid City does have an excellent engineering and science university though.....South Dakota School of Mines and Technology!

Can't wait for more episodes of W13 with lot's of great adventures! :D
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Warehouse 13 S4.2 & 4.3 recaps to come soon!

Postby wearelostbeth on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Hey sorry about the week delay in getting a recap posted for the 2nd episode . It's all written and will be typed and submitted here tonight.

Also (hopefully) coming tonight will be the 3rd episode of season 4 which aired last night.

So lots to cover and it will be available for your viewing tonight
Beth :blush:
"Good friends, good books & a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." — Mark Twain

ImageImageImage
wearelostbeth
Show Expert

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]