Warehouse 13 S4.2 An Evil Within Recap

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Warehouse 13 S4.2 An Evil Within Recap

Postby wearelostbeth on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:33 am

An H.P. Lovecraft artifact! Most excellent :thumbup: Got a book that is a collection of his short stories and was pretty engrossed in it for 2 months. Even if i wasn't expecting a Lovecraft episode this year (thank you comic con spoilers) I think i'd have recognized the monsters.. Any ways, this is late already so here we go

Entering a diner are two nerds fiercely debating who is stronger, Klingons or Vulcans. (Vulcans by 47% btw) A shady guy in a baseball cap walks through the diner and out the back, pausing to chain the door shut. Halfway through ordering their usual, an alien is amongst them! Seriously, a many tentacled alien has walked into the diner.. With no escape the crowd attacks. In rush the cops to break up the mob and uh oh that's no alien, that's Joe! And Joe's not doing well :(

Meanwhile, at the Warehouse. Artie is missing Claudia and feeling guilty. Myka and Pete are ready to track her down and bring her home but Artie is a no go on going after her. For those two at least. They have a job in Philadelphia. Artie got a ping on the new pocket ping device Claudia made him. um, awesome! Maybe he can leave the warehouse computer more often and take walks with a certain doctor :wub:
Pete & Myka take off & cue creepy Brother Adrian at the back door O.o He's looking for Artie for Warehouse help locating the missing Astrolabe. Artie says "Oh you mean the one I stole and used to turn back time to save the Warehouse? I've been meaning to return that to you.. " Just kidding, he plays it a little cooler than that ;)
Artie intently asks about the evil consequences and why the time turn has to be undone.. wait undone?! I think consequences be damned, Artie is not letting the Warehouse and his agents die again! "If the person uses the astrolabe again, time will be reset. The evil never would have existed" Brother Adrian

As a side note: We get to see Claudia stalking some Regents. Looks like she's found where Steve's body is...

Back in Philly, Myka is rocking serious bed head and the group is trying to explain what they saw that made them attack Joe. Could they have eaten bad food? Taken acid? Nope, not even red bull and Ritalin that night.. With no clues or leads, the plan is shut down the diner and hope for no more danger.. BUT there is a dentist office that is more dangerous than ever, at least for one guy. And we get to see the victims perspective this time. he's clueless about why he's being attacked. These people are nuts! Wow, the dental assistant puts the "alien" through the window , down many stories.... and splat! onto the street. Hey, it's the baseball cap guy again.. did he just smile?
Back with Claudia who does a pretty darn good damsel in distress to gain access to the Regents building. You sly little vixen :PP A rigged badge knocks out a 2nd guard but uh oh the 1st guard is back. Claudia is ready to tesla him but Artie grabs her "Enough!"
At the dentist office are more descriptions of tentacle monster but no clue how or why all these people are hallucinating monsters instead of seeing the person really there. There is some cute partner teasing about Myka's Cnidarian phobia (fear of squid and octopi) to fight the sadness that this time the victim died. :cry:
Artie and Claudia debate using an artifact. Is it selfish? Is it right to bring Steve back? Artie wants to save her from the temptation & corruption of using the metronome. End of discussion though: Regent Jane arrives and announces the decision has been made to bring Steve back. Claudia has permission to try the metrodome! :w00t: Allison Scag.'s acting in this scene was superb! Artie is adamantly against this. It's not Claudia's career at stake, it's her life. She is sure though. And she and Jane head off to prepare
Outside of a cute little house a woman arrives home with groceries. Baseball cap guy walks up and says "you dropped this key." she holds it "no, it's not mine" gives it back and he walks away. Inside her home, her hubby comes downstairs to a monster in the living room! Leena calls Pete & Myka to tell them dispatchers in Philly just received a call that a man's wife had been attacked by a monster and the husband has it locked in the closet. Police think he's drunk, Pete thinks it's artifact intoxication and they race to save this victim. The husband is standing guard with a gun but they disarm the situation and find the sobbing wife cowered in the closet. :scared:
Jane and Claudia have Steve's body and are ready to go into the ether to find his spirit. This scene is hard to describe..Claudia is almost lost in the abyss but finds the strength to calm herself and allow Steve's spirit to see her and follow her back.. then he's back! Steve 'Jinksy' Jinks is back!! Again super props to Allison for delivering on this heavy emotional scene!

Artie is terrified this evil is going to return.. in Steve. He's contacted Brother Adrian for more clarification on what this evil is. "It's unique to the user.. nothing he could anticipate but an evil that would cut through his heart like a dagger" Like Artie's vision of Claudia stabbing him with a dagger?!?! Can he get an example? Was the Astrolabe used before? Yes, Robespierre- the advent of the French Revolution. 10's of 1000's of people died..

In Philly, Myka and Pete are spreading the story this is mushrooms making people see things. They recount the wife's steps and she remembers a man with a key. Which triggers a memory in Pete.. of H.P. Lovecraft! An author that Myka is not a fan of. Turns out he suffered from terrible waking dreams called night terrors. And he blamed it on a silver key he called 'The Key to the Gate of Dreams' Very artifact-y.
So it's not the mobs affected, it's the victims! A bobble head at Joe's apt is the same as the Championship cap the key guy was wearing. Another flip flop as Myka remembers the game and Pete does not. :roll: Teresa Hicks, died at that game.. trampled to death. At the stadium, they watch the security footage of her death. Her boyfriend is begging people for help and they all keep going. Then they spot one of the victims and another.. oh god, Teresa's boyfriend is getting revenge on the people who didn't help him.. sad and harsh. But there's one more potential victim: the owner of the Humvee that blocked the ambulance.. their last chance to stop this guy.
Claudia is trying her best to gloss over what happened with Steve. mainly that he's been dead :unsure: tough secret to keep though .. as the metronome ticking becomes ominously clear, Steve puts it all together and runs out. "How many minutes was I dead for?" "4320" How sweet was the Buddha in the garden as Steve is left to his thoughts..

In Philly, Myka is looking for the boyfriend in his creepy tentacle sculpture filled apt. Meanwhile Pete is looking for the Humvee guys but find the bad guy instead. Pete chases him into a gym. They tussle and Pete ends up holding the key for a minute. The guy shouts for the patrons of the gym to save him. Even over the phone Pete sounds like a monster to Myka. The Gym Rats assemble and Pete runs for his life as Myka runs in "Oh my god! Pete is that you? of course it's you. Oooh that's a lot of tentacles." Myka tries to protect him with the Secret Service / Men in Black card. She wants every one to stay calm and understand this isn't real, they are hallucinating. The Gym Rats aren't biting and Myka chooses a bad time to leave Alien Pete to chase down the bad guy. A lady Gym Rat grabs an ax and just in time Myka snags and bags the key. Pete is Pete again and another Gym Rat stops her fatal swing. The guy explains he heard about the key at a Comic-Con and tracked it down, just in case it did work, to punish those that let Teresa die.

Back at the Warehouse, Mr. Kosan is there and Claudia may be in trouble after all. Jane defends their actions saying after Steve's sacrifice, it was only right to bring him back. Mr. Kosan explains that because Jinks has to stay with the metronome and they do not know the side effects of it's use, both Steve & the metronome are at the warehouse permanently, watched closely and dealt with if necessary. O.o Claudia returns to Steve's welcome back party at the Bed & Breakfast where her & Artie shake and make up. As he's left alone his new portable pinger goes off.. uh oh.. it's that bloody dagger! the very one in his Claudia vision.. Pete senses Artie is spooked but Artie down plays it and joins dinner. Pete looks like he's got a bad vibe..

My favorite quotes/moments
Artie: "you will get there like yesterday!" Pete: "like yesterday? what are we supposed to turn back time.." Artie: "What!?" Pete "what?" Artie "What.." Pete: "What?" Artie "Nothing.. I was being hyperbolic. I'm colorful. Just go!"

Brother Adrian "I work with the Vatican. We know an awful lot of things about an awful lot of things"

New Warehouse motto: "Scones and evil. That's what we do."

Myka: "Ugh <gags> I hate tentacles." Pete: "Then you are not gonna like this case. It's a veritable Tentacles-a-palooza"

husband: "What, are you like.. the Men in Black?" Pete: "Yeah.. we kinda are"

Jane to Claudia who is fighting to breathe: "You wanted to save him, so save him! Dammit, breathe!"

Myka: "When it comes to horror i'm more of a Kafka or Shelly girl"
LMAO at Pete's hoity toity eye roll

Claudia to Jane "You didn't get approval did you? You rebel."
"Good friends, good books & a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." — Mark Twain

ImageImageImage
wearelostbeth
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Warehouse 13 S4.2 An Evil Within Recap

Postby DarkUFO on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:12 am

Thanks for the recap :)
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby wearelostbeth on Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:19 pm

DarkUFO wrote:Thanks for the recap :)

it is seriously my pleasure :D i love the show and finding a tiny way to contribute to your awesome site!
"Good friends, good books & a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." — Mark Twain

ImageImageImage
wearelostbeth
Show Expert

Postby DarkUFO on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:48 pm

wearelostbeth wrote:
DarkUFO wrote:Thanks for the recap :)

it is seriously my pleasure :D i love the show and finding a tiny way to contribute to your awesome site!

Ha cool. I tweeted it out on the main twitter feed :)
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Sym on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:53 am

I love this show!
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
The last episode aired made ​​me cry. :cry:
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
War against the world Black Sails
Sym