The Walking Dead Season 3

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby supermodel on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:36 pm

A new thread for a new season!

Here's a question to get us started: how great is it to see Lori suffer the consequences of playing Rick against Shane?
supermodel
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby CLDeangrl on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:00 pm

FINALLY!! About time she got what she deserved. :D

They really got things started off with a bang. The time jump kind of threw me off at first, but when you think about it, it makes sense for several reasons. Wasn't expecting those last few minutes...guess that's the producers way of telling us they're not going to hold anything back. O.o

And can I just say...Daryl can give me a back rub any time! :wub:
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby supermodel on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Another benefit of the fast forward: Carl has matured, he is a soldier, and we won't have to hear Lori constantly asking "where's Carl?"

I really enjoyed the scene where he was about to eat dog food. As a child of the apocalypse, he's adjusted and doesn't have hangups about food quality or the connotations associated with eating dog food. It's probably loaded with protein. It was Rick who was holding onto hangups left from a world that no longer exists.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:34 pm

What I liked:
- Carl being a bad ass
- The clear importance of Daryl this season
- The last scene

What I disliked:
- Not enough Michonne, but I understand they had to set up the prison setting first.

That said, it's going to be a great season. I won't give away anything because not everyone reads the comics - but if it's anything like the comics, it will easily be the best season yet.

The end scene was amazing - and left me wanting more. Walking Dead and OUAT are the only two shows that make me says "is it next week yet".
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Sym on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:42 pm

DharmaLager wrote:
The end scene was amazing - and left me wanting more. Walking Dead and OUAT are the only two shows that make me says "is it next week yet".

:thumbsup: Yes amazing end scene :thumbup:

And I liked:
Michonne :wub:
unfortunately and view a little, but already I love it.
Andrea seems changed, it will be interesting to see his character now. :thumbup:
Daryl: we are discovering his more human side, I like :wub:
Lory's speech on pregnancy, and her fears. :hmm:

NOT LIKE
Lory and Carl can not in any way to make me pleasure. :thumbsdown:

Will be interesting now to see what changed and how and Rick, seems to brood a lot of hatred inside.

VOTE 10
I am happy and I really liked it so much. :wub:
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
War against the world Black Sails
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:36 pm

supermodel wrote:Another benefit of the fast forward: Carl has matured, he is a soldier, and we won't have to hear Lori constantly asking "where's Carl?"

I really enjoyed the scene where he was about to eat dog food. As a child of the apocalypse, he's adjusted and doesn't have hangups about food quality or the connotations associated with eating dog food. It's probably loaded with protein. It was Rick who was holding onto hangups left from a world that no longer exists.

Yeah, the opening scene was awesome. I noticed that Rick was the only one that objected to the dog food....and maybe Daryl as he wasn't paying attention because he'd just killed the owl. Everyone else looked at the dog food like, "I know we're not supposed to eat dog food, but I'm effin' hungry!"

Great premiere!!

And what is up with the two armless, jawless zombies that MIchonne keeps? Are they her pack mules or something? :lol:
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:13 pm

I take it you never read the books...they're Michonnes pets. :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:47 am

CLDeangrl wrote:I take it you never read the books...they're Michonnes pets. :D

I look forward to when they give the backstory on them for those who aren't fans of the comic book. I don't want to ruin it for anyone - but it's not like she doesn't have her own purpose for them.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:09 am

Well, that sure picked up where they left off last week...literally. They're definitely keeping up the intensity level this season.

Glad to see that Rick hasn't become completely hardened. Nor has Carl. But it's interesting that he doesn't seem to have much love left for his mother.

I'm liking seeing both T-Dog and Carol getting more to do this season. Loving this version of Carol, but wondering who that was watching her.

They went through the prisoners fast enough, but I don't think we've heard the last of them yet.

And man, at the end there with Hershel...I was tearing up. This show sure does get you in the gut!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:26 am

Loved everything with the prisoners - esp. when they went into "Prison Riot Mode" on the first zombies they saw. Also dug that fact that Carl's brief appearance in this episode was met with such a harsh reaction (which granted, I get Lori's logic at a mother) - yet he did such an important thing.

Goes to show you Carl has learned quite a bit from his father - but may have a stubborn bone that could end up being his downfall if he isn't careful. I'm amazed the kid is still left alone as much as he is - but it's just become a need in light of their numbers and who they've lost. With Andrea around - I would imagine he wouldn't have had such an opportunity.

Interested in everyone's thoughts on how he treated the one prisoner by locking him in with the zombies. While he's clearly not lost his humanity - that's pretty harsh - even if the guy did swing a bat at his head.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Yeah, that was a pretty major departure for Rick but he seems to be taking a more harsh tack these days out of necessity. An interesting point was made on Talking Dead last night that perhaps that act was Rick's way of getting out a little of the frustration/agression he's feeling toward Lori and can't express due to her physical condition at the moment? Not sure I totally agree but it's an interesting thought.

As for Carl...much as I still can't stand him, I can understand them not keeping a careful eye on him anymore. They simply can't afford to. He's had to grow up fast and last night he was attempting to do what needed to be done, even though it might be dangerous. It would've been no less dangerous for anyone else to find the infirmary on their own...why not Carl? I found the tension between him and his mother interesting. I wonder if he's somehow figured out her role in setting his father against Shane...hmmmm.
Last edited by CLDeangrl on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:51 pm

CLDeangrl wrote:Yeah, that was a pretty major departure for Rick but he seems to be taking a morse harsh tack these days out of necessity.

What kind of got me about it was knowing the comics - I was pretty sure that was "Andrew" and if so, I was hoping they would keep some more of those guys alive.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:40 pm

I don't think Carl should have gone to the infirmary alone, because I don't think ANYONE should have gone to he infirmary alone. It is just not safe right now to go wandering around the prison without backup. However, I think it was realistic. As much as Carl has matured, he is still just 12 or 13 years old and he is going to make impulsive and rash decisions. He just doesn't have the ability to weigh risk the way adults can, and that is going to be a problem for years. The teenage brain is just not wired that way.

I though the most amazing moment was the closing scene between Rick and Lori, when she opened up and tried to discuss their relationship and he just thanked her for saving Hershel. That was cold. This man forgave her for sleeping with Shane, embraced the unborn child and accepted it as his own. And it all evaporated in that moment at the end of last season when Lori was so horrified that Rick had killed Shane. And now she realizes her role in forcing Rick to kill his best friend and it is too late, he hates her for it.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Agreed that Carl should not have been wandering around the prison alone and that he's not as capable of making an informed decision as the others. Unfortunately, you're right, that's a function of his age. It still doesn't change the fact that they can't be keeping an eye on him continually anymore...it's just not realistic.

As for the final scene...it was pretty shocking but it's understandable too. Not only was Rick pushed into killing his best friend, Carl was pushed into killing the zombie Shane as a result, so Lori really screwed things up royally. Rick has a right to be a little peeved by it all.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby Sym on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:39 am

Rick has changed.
Now more and bad, and rational.
Now and become the person he so hated:
Shane!

And I really enjoyed this second episode. :wub: :thumbsup: :thumbup:
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith