The Walking Dead Season 3

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:33 pm

Whew...well now we know what the title of this episode was all about. Andrea definitely became the prey and did a hell of a job fighting back and eluding The Gov. At least for a while.

The Gov. is definitely ramping up the creepy factor...this episode was just skeevy on so many levels.

But at the same time, he's starting to lose his grip on Woodbury...between Andrea, Milton and Tyrese and co., too many people are starting to question him. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that making him desperate will only make him more dangerous.

And now things are REALLY not looking good for Andrea! As much as she's annoyed me, I don't wish that on her.

I may have to watch the last two episodes through my fingers! :scared:
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Since if I didn't respond, you'd be talking to no one - I better make sure I post my thoughts :)

I heard a lot of complaints online about this episode because it was so Andrea centric - but I for one loved the Governor/Andrea chase. I think comic book fans probably enjoyed the Tyrese shooting scene as well - because
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
He can't shoot for crap in the comic either

The Andrea and Governor in the abandoned house was very enjoyable and watching the Governor continue to grow darker and darker has been a real pleasure. I read online that people thought he was listening Zelda's Lullaby - so now I have to go back and rewatch the episode to see if that's true!

Love the fact that Milton is clearly against the Governor down - I'm willing to wager Tyrese isn't far behind and I'm sure Rick would welcome them back now that he's clearly gained some of his sanity back. I can dream that Morgan will join them at the prison, but if I was a betting man, I don't see that happening at best until next season (in terms of a reunion with Rick period).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:17 pm

Whew...finally managed to fix my posting problem...thanks, DarkUFO! :thumbup:

Now then...I've seen other people making the connection between Zelda and the Gov's whistle...very cool!

I would love to see both Milton and Tyrese and Sasha swing over to the Prison group. We can only hope!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:13 am

DAMN...did not see that coming! Another awesome episode...lots of interesting twists and moral dilemmas.

I am SO freaking glad Rick finally came to his senses. First time Laurie ever did anything right and she had to be dead to do it! Seriously, though, that whole speech at the end was LONG overdue. That's the Rick we've come to know and love.

Speaking of love...the scene with Glen and Hershel was another tear jerker. But cutting off a walker's finger to get a ring? Yeesh...talk about romance!

I was holding out hope through the whole episode that Merle was finally going to come around...dammit! This may be the second most disappointing death for me after Dale. I know Merle was a nasty s.o.b. but Michonne was right...he had a conscience. If he hadn't, he would never have let her go. I think it actually killed him to realize that Daryl had learned to stand on his own two feet and he couldn't deal with it. He claimed Daryl needed to grow a set, but he actually had and when Merle realized that, it tore him up.

That being said, I didn't see the ending coming...especially with Merle being turned. Dang! And poor Daryl! My heart just broke for him. I just hope he doesn't do something stupid and try to go after the Gov. on his own for revenge. Just go back to the prison, Daryl...they're your family now!

So next week is the season finale...sigh...it's going to be one long ass summer!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:31 am

WHEW!!! Ok, I can breathe now. Have to say, that wasn't at all what I was expecting.

I was really frustrated because there seemed to be more commercials than there was show, and for a while the show we got was kind of underwhelming, but then they threw the big punches at the end.

Of course we all figured the Gov was beating up Andrea in the beginning, but it made sense that it was Milton. Have to say I was sorry to see him go...he creeped me out at first but then I grew to like him.

Then we had the whole business with the pliers...up to the very end I really thought they were going to leave that as a cliffhanger.

Didn't expect the Gov to snap and shoot all of his own people. I don't see why one of the two who were standing behind him while he fired didn't just take him out...the man was obviously nuts. I was hoping they'd kill him but now I guess we have to wait and see what he does next season...sigh.

Also didn't expect to see Rick's group sticking around and fighting back successfully...with the firepower the Gov's people had I really didn't think they stood a chance. Very clever moves there...good for them.

And thank GOD that Daryl was back with them where he belongs...MAJOR relief!

Lots of intrigue with Carl. He's turning into a mini Shane and the scene where he shot the kid was unexpected. He's going in a bad direction...understandable, but bad. Hope Rick can get a handle on things there.

So glad Tyrese and Sasha ended up with the prison group...big relief.

And of course the big shocker...I so did not see Andrea's death coming, especially the way it did. As much as she annoyed me, I am glad she got to go out in a noble way, if there is such a thing in this world. And Michonne's reaction just broke my heart...she does have a soft side afterall.

So now the rest of Woodbury is at the prison...I just don't get why they didn't stay at Woodbury. There are better defenses there and probably more supplies and with the Gov killing off most of his army, they could've taken him out easier. Just didn't seem to make sense to me, but...guess we shall see.

Dang, this is going to be one long summer!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:02 pm

WHEW!!! Ok, I can breathe now. Have to say, that wasn't at all what I was expecting.

I was really frustrated because there seemed to be more commercials than there was show, and for a while the show we got was kind of underwhelming, but then they threw the big punches at the end.

Of course we all figured the Gov was beating up Andrea in the beginning, but it made sense that it was Milton. Have to say I was sorry to see him go...he creeped me out at first but then I grew to like him.

Then we had the whole business with the pliers...up to the very end I really thought they were going to leave that as a cliffhanger.

Didn't expect the Gov to snap and shoot all of his own people. I don't see why one of the two who were standing behind him while he fired didn't just take him out...the man was obviously nuts. I was hoping they'd kill him but now I guess we have to wait and see what he does next season...sigh.

Also didn't expect to see Rick's group sticking around and fighting back successfully...with the firepower the Gov's people had I really didn't think they stood a chance. Very clever moves there...good for them.

And thank GOD that Daryl was back with them where he belongs...MAJOR relief!

Lots of intrigue with Carl. He's turning into a mini Shane and the scene where he shot the kid was unexpected. He's going in a bad direction...understandable, but bad. Hope Rick can get a handle on things there.

So glad Tyrese and Sasha ended up with the prison group...big relief.

And of course the big shocker...I so did not see Andrea's death coming, especially the way it did. As much as she annoyed me, I am glad she got to go out in a noble way, if there is such a thing in this world. And Michonne's reaction just broke my heart...she does have a soft side afterall.

So now the rest of Woodbury is at the prison...I just don't get why they didn't stay at Woodbury. There are better defenses there and probably more supplies and with the Gov killing off most of his army, they could've taken him out easier. Just didn't seem to make sense to me, but...guess we shall see.

Dang, this is going to be one long summer!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby dutchie on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:39 pm

A disappointing final to a disappointing season.
The governor thing didnt really work for me, especially now it seems they are going to drag it out over another season.
Carl is turning into a real psycho kid.
Its stupid Andrea died. She fights of zombies left and right, but Milton zombie is too much for her?
The Michonne/Andrea scene at the end made me wish we had seen more of them when it was just the two of them, with their zombie pets.
One other thing that bothers me, the gov looks exactly like my uncle, only younger. Its distracting :lol:
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Previous

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]