The Walking Dead Season 3

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Postby supermodel on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:40 am

For Christmas I got volume 8 of the comics, that should hold me over for a short while.
supermodel
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:30 pm

Awesome! I got a kick ass mini Daryl figure...he's sitting on my desk with his crossbow ready to kick zombie butt! :D
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:25 am

Whew...well that was worth the wait! Can't say I was happy with all of it, but it was definitely a thriller.

Glad Merle came through for little brother, but damn he is one royal son of a bitch. I was so hoping Daryl would make the right choice and stay with the group. Him taking off upset me more than anything, but then when they got to Carol's speech it made more sense.

Speaking of which...I never expected to do such a 180 on Carol, but she has really grown as a character. Her speech was great and it made me think...whwat she was intimating about Daryl is interesting. She wasn't the only abuse victim there. No wonder the two of them bonded. Daryl was abused by Merle in his own right and he snapped right back into that as soon as they were reunited. I'm just hoping that he wakes up and does the right thing. He's made so much progress on his own without Merle, it would be a shame to toss that all away now.

I really felt for Glen when he went off on Rick there. Can't say as I blame him...he's feeling a litle ****, a little guilty and a lot frustrated. Talk about growing as a character. I'm interested to see where he goes next.

Tyrese and the others look like basically good folks. Too bad they had to encounter the others after Rick went nuts...sheesh!

Rick has got to get a grip or this could get really hairy really fast!

And he's not the only one who's lost it. The Governor is pretty much gone. And dumbass Andrea STILL can't see the light...what does she need to wake up, a whole squadron of welkers to drop on her head? Damn!

My favorite moments of the night...

The opening scene when the Governor set up the fight and Daryl's reaction...so did not expect to see his lip quivering. The tough guy we'd come to know and love suddenly became a whimpering "baby brother". Sigh...too bad it led to him splitting off from the group.

Daryl getting his crossbow back...and the kickass way he did it. That was just awesome!

Carol's speech...she once referred to Lori as the "unofficial first lady" of the group, but she's the one who's earned that title.

Hershel tending to Glen...when he said "You're like my own son", I had tears in my eyes.

Little Judith's makeshift crib with "Lil' Asskicker" written on the side. Sigh again...PLEASE come back soon, Daryl...the group needs you, man!

Damn, I love this show!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:10 pm

As a huge Lost fan (as my name indicates), I found myself commenting a few times how this episode reminded me of something that happened on Lost all-the-time. The group has some great event occur - yet in the end - ends up splitting up into two or three different directions.

This said - in the end - everyone generally ends up together again and I think that's the route the Walking Dead will take. It should be exciting to see how everyone comes together again.

A few things I loved:

- The one moment I've liked Andrea this season was her speech in this episode to the people of Woodbury - otherwise, she's annoyed me personally. To clarify - I'm not saying the speech was good - it certainly was cheesy. For some reason, for 30 seconds though - I didn't dislike Andrea. I really do (no spoilers, no worries) prefer the comic version of Andrea much more.

- As stated by others - Daryl taking his crossbow back. Great moment

- Carol's little speech about Daryl - he'll back, don't worry Carol. For the record, I'm with those of you who suddenly find themselves liking Carol and don't know when it actually started.

- Rick = nuts = I love it and hate it at the same time. Mainly because I can't wait to see the group come together to truly fight the Gov - but I realize we have to built up to that moment.

Just a few of my favorite moments - too many to name as a whole.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Agreed on all counts, Dharma. I am so glad they finally let Carol evolve into a substantial character. Through most of Season Two she was annoying the crap out of me, but by the end she'd wound up on her feet and now I've loving the new kick ass version of her.

I don't doubt that Daryl will be back, I just wonder...as was asked on Talking Dead last night...what his breaking point with Merle will be. You know it's coming. He just can't throw away all the growth he's been through, would be a damn shame.

And I hear you on Rick...the crazy side of him is scary yet fascinating at the same time. Kind of like a car wreck...you don't want to see it but you just can't turn away! Someone's going to have to step up and take back the reins if they're going to be successful in the fight against the Governor. My money's on either Tyrese or Daryl if and when he comes back.

As for Andrea...yeah, the speech was good as a moment, not an actual speech. I kept thinking of the final speech in Braveheart, which just made it more cheesy. But I'd still like to slap the woman up the side of the head. I thought for sure she'd have gone off with Rick and the others. How dumb can she possibly be? :P
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:20 am

DAYUM!!! That was just freakin' AWESOME!!!

Just when I thought maybe things were going to be ok at the prison, I realize I was having a brainless Andrea moment. Never trust the Governor. Should have realized he'd make a power play, and did he ever!

And of course Andrea is STILL being brain dead. Hell the walkers have more brains than her at this point.

I'm wondering if Milton is going to make good on his promise to shadow her, but I think he's more afraid of the Governor than anything so he will.

As for the prison group...I really hope they don't keep up the Rick and Lori's ghost thing too long. It's getting tedious already. But hopefully now that they have a real leader back, Rick can get a break.

Axel dying was the shocker of the night. Didn't see that coming. Though I can't say I'm entirely sorry...never could fully trust him. I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Hershel is right to be worried about Glen. And I don't get what Maggie's problem is. I mean I know she was assaulted and maybe it's just PTSD, but why be so **** at Glen?

And finally there's the Dixon brothers. Lordy, do I love these two! I knew Daryl was going to reach his breaking point and figured it would be sooner rather than later. Didn't expect a baby to be the catalyst. But I loved when he confronted Merle. Damn, just when I think I can't love him more!

So now they're both back at the prison...this should be interesting. Wonder if it's actually possible for Merle to turn over a new leaf? Can't wait to find out!

Yeehah...can't wait for next week! :thumbsup:
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:10 am

Hmmm...interesting episode. Not as tense as the last few, but that's appropriate since both groups are in a regrouping and planning mode, so the the tone fits.

I would now officially like to bitch slap Andrea...could she be more stupid? And naturally she can't go through with Carol's suggestion...which by the way was pretty damn bad ass for her, I'm loving how she's turning out...but Andrea's too dumb and too weak to do it. Of course, they can't kill off the Governor that soon for the purposes of the show, but still. Geeze!

LOVED the scene with Andrea and Michonne. FINALLY Michonne gave her the figuartive slap upside the head she's been needing. Welcome to reality, you idiot!

Also loved Merle trying to incorporate himself into the prison. He misses the Woodbury library? Who'd have thought he was a reader...and the Bible no less? Especially loved how he reached out to Michonne. He's smart enough to know which bridges he most has to mend.

And also loved the scene between Carol and Daryl. We actually got a brief smile from Daryl...that was nice to see for a change. Looks good on you...but then what doesn't?

Surprised to see Tyrese and the others hooking up with the Governor. Did not see that coming and I'm disappointed. I liked Tyrese in the books. I was hoping they were going to keep him that way. But the girl with him looked like she wasn't trusting the Governor so who knows how that will ultimately shake out?

So now everyone's gearing up for battle...this should be epic when it finally happens. Can't wait!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm limited on time - so don't mind the brevity of this post (I'm normally long-winded anyways).

LOVED this most recent episode. Here are my takeaways:

- Rick had to see true insanity before he could begin to recover - Morgan was the perfect plotline to do so - and it has the potential for more Morgan in the future.
- Carl is a grown up in a child's body at times - but he clearly still has a child's mindset as well. Give him a few years and he's either going to be insane or a leader himself.
- Michonne and Rick finally bonded - I've been waiting for that moment, even if it was brief at the end of the episode.
- New ideas to guard the prison thanks to Morgan (or so I hope!)

All in all - great episode - very tense and well (VERY well) acted. One of my favorites in the series.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:15 pm

Agreed on all points. This one was exceptionally well acted.

I was so glad that we actually got to see some real depth from Michonne. We've been needing that, she's been a little too two dimensional up to now.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Morgan but the way they spoke about him on Talking Dead it sounds like the actor who plays him is hard to pin down. Hopefully they'll be able to bring him back again.

And now we've got just four more episodes for this season...can't wait to see how the epic showdown between Rick and The Gov. goes!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:11 pm

CLDeangrl wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing more of Morgan but the way they spoke about him on Talking Dead it sounds like the actor who plays him is hard to pin down. Hopefully they'll be able to bring him back again.

No spoilers - but based on where I THINK the show is going to go - I'd more envision if he came on in a bigger role, it wouldn't be until next season. I don't see him playing a part in any battle for the prison.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Ah...that makes more sense. I could see that working too.
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:19 am

Whew...ok...WOW!!! I swear I was on the edge of my seat for this whole episode. I was so sure someone wasn't making it out of that meeting between Rick and The Gov.

Have to say The Gov. is good...he sure knows how to get inside a person's head. But fortunately, Rick's not buying what he's selling. Now he just needs to grow a set and for ONCE stand by his convictions. You need Hershel to talk you out of it?! ****, Rick...you KNOW The Gov. is going to kill you all whether you give up Michonne or not...why would you even consider it?! Geeze, just step up and do the right thing dammit!

Loved the juxtaposing of the two groups of "henchmen"...Daryl and the hispanic guy having a **** contest and then a smoke afterword. And Hershel and Milton, the men of science, talking things out. That whole "I can't show you my leg" exchange was hysterical. :D

Fortunately, it looks like Milton is finally beginning to see the light where The Gov. is concerned...hopefully he'll work with Andrea now and they'll do the right thing. That's IF Andrea's finally wising up, which is still questionable.

Back at the prison...nice that Maggie and Glen finally worked out their differences but geeze, could they have worse timing for making out?! They can't do it in front of a bunch of walkers but who cares if Carl or Maggie's little sister walk in on you? Dayum!

And Merle, Merle, Merle...he continues to intrigue me. I know he was acting like an ass there, but it was only because he was worried about Daryl. And I swear when he was having that conversation with Michonne about letting her go there was a glimmer of humanity in there. He's a hard one to figure out.

So it all comes to the big question...do you give up Michonne or not? Rick's first inclination is, of course, the right one...yes, he'll kill you all anyway, so no, you don't do it. You can not trust him. Shouldn't need Hershel to tell you that.

Three more episodes...should be a lot of **** hitting the fan...let's just hope there aren't too many dead bodies left when it's over!
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:50 am

My notes and thoughts from tonight's episode (though it would be nice to see someone other than us two comment, haha):

- Loved every aspect of the Rick/Gov face-off from the actual conversation, to Andrea trying to play middleman (up until she went back with the Gov) but most especially when Team Rick and Team Governor worked together to kill zombies. I'm hoping the thing that works against the Governor ends up being Andrea able to turn his own people against him and to help Rick.

- The Michonne for peace offer - following an episode where Rick clearly bonded with her - well-done.

- The Governor's little twitches and tells (as discussed on The Talking Dead) are very entertaining. He really would be bad at poker.

- The Hershel lines in this episode were awesome - someone loves Hershel.

- Love that Hershel really has grown as the moral compass and in many ways, Rick's conscious (well, at least now that he's sane and listening to people again).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby CLDeangrl on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Yes, it would be nice to have more than a two person conversation. :P :D

Agreed on all counts...from the sneak peek of next week's episode that they showed during Talking Dead it looks like Andrea's head is finally in the right place, but will Milton actually grow a set and work with her? And I agree about the possibility of the two groups coming together once The Gov. is out of the way...that would be to all of their benefit, but can they make it happen?

Also, forgot to mention it last night but good to see Beth finally stepping up and doing something other than tending to the baby and singing. When she took that shot during the scuffle with Merle I was shocked! About damn time! :thumbup:
CLDeangrl
Guest Star

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Agreed - I loved both teams working together and could see it happening in the future. If Andrea can turn them (Mitchell and Milton) plus Tyrone and company against the Governor - that's some major reinforcements for Rick considering most of those people don't know how to shoot a gun at Woodbury.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]