Page 4 of 4

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:37 pm
by screamie
I recommand "the farseer trilogy", the "liveship traders" and the "Tawny man", all books by Robin Hobb. These books are masterpieces, according to me. It's so well writen, with a lot a great character (some are more simply brilliant). All these books are connected to form a general story, which is one of the best I've ever read (and I'm a good reader). Really, it's awesome, i deeply recommand to give it a try.

I was skeptical then a friend convince me and I'm completely sold.

So I voted "other" because I have never read a story so long and yet so well writen, coherent (consistent) and thrilling.

Amongst the "no-listed" series, his Dark Material follows. This is genius.

But of course I'm a also huge huge fan of HP and LOTR. I haven't read Dark tower yet, but I intend to.

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:10 pm
by brentoid
honestly it disturbs me to see harry potter on the same list as the dark tower & lotr...i mean it really disturbs me...whats wrong with you people???

as for the naria series? pure christian allergorical bollocks...not a fan either...

there, i've vented & you know what? i feel a lot better.... :D

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:19 pm
by drackodelmal
leegrace wrote:I think Chronicles of Narnia..


there´s one i have never considered... i think i´ll giveit a go next weekend thanks for the advise

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:36 pm
by Gary Troup
I went for Potter because, tbh, they're the only one's I've read.

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:09 pm
by drackodelmal
Gary Troup wrote:I went for Potter because, tbh, they're the only one's I've read.


you should try his dark materials... but if you are give the WHOLE series a chance... :D

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:45 pm
by LOSTMeggy
Southern Vampire Mysteries(Sookie Stackhouse Novels)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:48 pm
by Octopus
King's "Dark Tower", of course! Honestly I'm reading Wolves of Calla, but I love four previous books and I bet that Wolves and two further won't let me down :thumbup: ! I really like Harry Potter, but I think it's lame compared to King's novel, and I simply don't like Narnia's Cronichles, because I don't think that talking beavers would be better than Gunslinger!
And what about LoTR, you ask... Honestly while I was reading this, I was falling asleep, and no, it wasn't late time, it simply was boring me, i barely read Two Towers. Funny, because i think that movie rules :hmm:

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:08 am
by Joshua
Octopus wrote:King's "Dark Tower", of course! Honestly I'm reading Wolves of Calla, but I love four previous books and I bet that Wolves and two further won't let me down :thumbup: ! I really like Harry Potter, but I think it's lame compared to King's novel, and I simply don't like Narnia's Cronichles, because I don't think that talking beavers would be better than Gunslinger!
And what about LoTR, you ask... Honestly while I was reading this, I was falling asleep, and no, it wasn't late time, it simply was boring me, i barely read Two Towers. Funny, because i think that movie rules :hmm:


Speaking of which, I got Drawing Of The Three today :)

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:08 pm
by Octopus
Nice, but you're not reading this for a first time, just reminding to yourself whole saga, right ? I think that Drawing Of The Three is too *how do you say it in English?* schematic... Ok, sorry for the spam, Penguin, I'll be in separated topic of King's books if you wanna talk 'bout Dark Tower or the others ;)

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:46 am
by Joshua
Octopus wrote:Nice, but you're not reading this for a first time, just reminding to yourself whole saga, right ? I think that Drawing Of The Three is too *how do you say it in English?* schematic... Ok, sorry for the spam, Penguin, I'll be in separated topic of King's books if you wanna talk 'bout Dark Tower or the others ;)


Nope, reading it for the first time! :)

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:11 am
by DarthLocke
I voted The Dark Tower, even though I haven't finished the series yet. It was a close second to Harry Potter, which I almost voted first because I think it is written in a way that is universally relatable and is really for people of all ages.

The reason I didn't however, is because I feel Stephen King challenges his readers to rethink what they think they know about the universe in general. He often gives fun unique explanations for things we deem mentally ill or not explanible. King also goes out of his way to add multiple elements from multiple genres in this work, which also expands into almost every book he has ever written!! In addition because the main characters are often older than the Harry Potter crew, the issues King is able to get into feels more real since he can go to dark adult places, where Rowling couldn't, allowing King to more fully exploit the human condition.

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:58 am
by geekish26
I would say my most favourite series of books EVER is by Robert Jordan - 'The Wheel of Time'. Favourite book being the third, The Dragon Reborn, where Lan gets the sword (omg, it's been so long since I read them). I'm not even sure I was able to read the last and first (they released like a prequel and sequel or sth), but love the others.

I also like the Vampire Diaries books. Much better than the series, I think (but then again, no Ian Somerhalder).

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:14 pm
by Leroi22
Harry Potter without a doubt!! :thumbsup:

Re: Which Series of Books is Best?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:21 pm
by DarthLocke
drackodelmal wrote:Come on... His Dark Materials... it has to be the greates one i have reaed... meh


This is my favorite of all time as well :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ....Gosh I wish that Book of Dust, or even Will's little green book would just get written already!!!! :lol: