Muse could face a lawsuit... or two

Discuss the world of music here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Muse could face a lawsuit... or two

Postby CharliePace on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:17 pm

No disrespect to Muse,

They are undoubtedly one of the best acts on the planet right now,
fusing heavy rock riffs with something so modern, it works.

Matt Bellamy has a disgustingly large vocal range and is a strong of a singer as I've ever heard

But take a look at this and tell me that if you were one of these artists, you wouldn't sue Muse

CharliePace
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Muse could face a lawsuit... or two

Postby DharmaFlashes08 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:50 am

Haha well it would be possible that I'd sue Muse if part of my song sounded like it was copied in another song, but this was just humorous. It's just taking parts of other hit songs that sound exactly like "Uprising", mainly the Billy Idol and Blondie. But the Doctor Who theme part seemed legit to me. That could definitely be a lawsuit, but I think it's all coinsedental.
DharmaFlashes08
Show Expert

Postby CharliePace on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:15 pm

DharmaFlashes08 wrote:Haha well it would be possible that I'd sue Muse if part of my song sounded like it was copied in another song, but this was just humorous. It's just taking parts of other hit songs that sound exactly like "Uprising", mainly the Billy Idol and Blondie. But the Doctor Who theme part seemed legit to me. That could definitely be a lawsuit, but I think it's all coinsedental.

Yeah :)
Coldplay had the same problem a few month a go with Joe Satriani for Viva la Vida, but nothing was done.
Muse aren't that big in the states to my knowledge, so I dunno if Blondie or Billy Idol will even get a hold of the track, But as far Gary Glitter taking muse to court, I Can't see that happening :P
It would be Sort of ironic :rofl:
CharliePace
Stunt Double

Postby Anneliese on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:49 am

Yes, I'd sue them. many artists these days (such as Muse and Coldplay) are taking songs from other artists instead of being creative. Coldplay even jokes about how they completely ripped off Satriani, Radiohead, and several other artists. I can name many of Coldplay's songs that sound like chopped-up versions of, you know, good songs that aren't ripoffs.

If somebody rips off my work, I'd definitely sue them. I wouldn't be surprised if Muse gets into the same kind of lawsuit that Coldplay had been in.
That which does not kill me...had better run really fast.
I mentally correct your grammar while you're speaking.
Anneliese
Guest Star

Postby Rosalind on Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:24 am

i think it's too obvious to be anything but deliberate, but i don't think it's disrespectful - quite the opposite tbh.
I think that there's not enough bars of each song for anyone to sue any one. :D :P
Thanks to Spaceman for the sig
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Postby Melly-mels-correa on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:32 pm

I think it just a coincidence.Muse is very talented and I think they wouldn't have the need to copy anyone!!!I believe that Muse as well as others would like to not be copied,so therefore they wouldn't copy.If according to this article Muse copied great artists,then maybe they have the same taste!
Melly-mels-correa
Viewer

Return to Music