Favorite Artist/Albums

Discuss the world of music here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Favorite Artist/Albums

Postby Iceman on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:05 pm

Alright don't make fun of me but my all time favorite artist is Kid Rock. I know a lot of people don't like him, but a lot of people know him for his behavior not his music. He has really good music. Everything from Rock, to Hip-Hop, to Country, to Blues, to Pop. I have liked him for as long as I can remember. I grew up in the midwest and that is where he is most popular.

If you like him I have a lot of his live stuff I can give you, just let me know.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DharmaFlashes08 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:46 pm

Iceman815 wrote:Alright don't make fun of me but my all time favorite artist is Kid Rock. I know a lot of people don't like him, but a lot of people know him for his behavior not his music. He has really good music. Everything from Rock, to Hip-Hop, to Country, to Blues, to Pop. I have liked him for as long as I can remember. I grew up in the midwest and that is where he is most popular.

If you like him I have a lot of his live stuff I can give you, just let me know.

It's all good, Iceman, I like Kid Rock too. His rock/rap style of music is appealing to me and I love some of his old songs like "Cowboy" and "Bawitdaba" (however that is spelled).. it's spunky and raw and good. :cool:
DharmaFlashes08
Show Expert

Postby Nicole on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:50 pm

I love Pearl Jam!!!! :thumbsup:

That's all I've to say!
"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that... is just progress."

Nicole
Emmy Winner

Postby Iceman on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:51 pm

DharmaFlashes08 wrote:It's all good, Iceman, I like Kid Rock too. His rock/rap style of music is appealing to me and I love some of his old songs like "Cowboy" and "Bawitdaba" (however that is spelled).. it's spunky and raw and good. :cool:

Good to hear DF. If there is a live performance that he did on TV that you want, let me know, because I most likely have it and can give it to you. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby DharmaFlashes08 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:06 am

Iceman815 wrote:
DharmaFlashes08 wrote:It's all good, Iceman, I like Kid Rock too. His rock/rap style of music is appealing to me and I love some of his old songs like "Cowboy" and "Bawitdaba" (however that is spelled).. it's spunky and raw and good. :cool:

Good to hear DF. If there is a live performance that he did on TV that you want, let me know, because I most likely have it and can give it to you. :)

Ok cool. And Nicole, Pearl Jam is a classic grunge band. :D
DharmaFlashes08
Show Expert

Postby Finli Otego on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:07 am

WEEN is hands down my favorite band.
Every album is like a mixtape masterpiece of different genres, and yet all the albums have an underlying theme.

The best example of this is the album "The Mullusk", on which some of the songs sound so different you wouldn't even be able to tell it was the same band. That album was recorded near the beach and therefor has a underlying nautical theme on every song.
They have also recorded an entire country album, with some of Nashville's biggest country players backing them up.
One thing you cannot overlook when talking about WEEN is their sense of humour. Most songs have hilarious, childish, most-of-the-time-drug-induced lyrics. For that, WEEN sometimes earns the unfair label of a "joke band".
I think of them more like how Frank Zappa was: Brilliant music with the added bonus of making you laugh your ass off while your listening.

My personal recomendation for anyone looking to get into WEEN is to pick up the album "Chocolate and Cheese".
It's not their most accessable album (that goes to "White Pepper"), but it is their most commercially successful album, and it works as a good introduction to the world of WEEN. :D
Their earlier releases are more challenging to listen to.

Another highlight of WEEN is their live preformance. I've seen them twice, and they were the best two shows I've ever seen. They play for over 3 hours sometimes, extending the encore song into a 30 minute jam. It's quite an experience. Do yourself a favor: GO SEE WEEN!

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby T.L.A. on Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Nicole wrote:I love Pearl Jam!!!! :thumbsup:

That's all I've to say!

:thumbsup:

Favourite artist: Mark Lanegan. Whether with his band Screaming Trees, solo or on one of his many collaborations, this guy is solid gold in my opinion. I never ever get tired of recommending him to people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfFVBP7WVXU

Favourite album: 'In Utero' by Nirvana. That album is just powerful in so many ways. And a stark reminder of how doggone lame current rock music is in comparison.

Another band I'm really taken with is The Walkabouts. They're very hard to define but some people have called them 'country grunge'. They seem to enjoy being forever under the radar but really, they ought to be megastars with the sound they produce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJpjcYqGjhw
John Locke: 2004~2009
T.L.A.
Former Staff Member

Postby DharmaFlashes08 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:21 am

I don't know about you guys, but I would say artists like Muse, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zeppelin, My Chemical Romance, and Yellowcard are my faves. Rock on. :w00t:
DharmaFlashes08
Show Expert

Postby Finli Otego on Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:58 am

Favourite artist: Mark Lanegan. Whether with his band Screaming Trees, solo or on one of his many collaborations, this guy is solid gold in my opinion. I never ever get tired of recommending him to people.

Favourite album: 'In Utero' by Nirvana. That album is just powerful in so many ways. And a stark reminder of how doggone lame current rock music is in comparison.

I'm a HUGE Queens of the Stone Age fan. I love all the stuff Lanegan does with them.

In Utero is hands down the best album of that era. I was so freakin stoked to hear "Scentless" on LOST. :thumbup:

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Two Sides on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:35 am

The Killers - All their albums are my favourites :lol: But to choose, I'd say 'Hot Fuss' is probably my favourite. Although I'd say 'Sams Town' is a hidden gem, per se. Maybe not so much a hidden gem, but it so massively underrated, and probably unknown to many.

Love Kanye West's latest album, 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy'. So many awesome songs on that.

Ermmm, 'The Fray - How To Save A Life'. That is another strong favourite of mine.

There are two Arctic Monkeys albums I absolutely LOVE, they're: 'Favourite Worst Nightmare' and 'Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not'.

Oasis - '(What's the Story) Morning Glory?' - Anyone who knows anything will know that album is immense.

Obviously Taylor Swifts 'Speak Now' and 'Fearless' go without saying :P

Other notable favourites:
The Temper Trap - Conditions
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby brentoid on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:17 pm

i do like a good list...

Pixies...by far my favourite band...surfer rosa's my favourite album...although doolittle & trompe le monde arent too bad either...
Sufjan Stevens
Radiohead
Talking Heads
Wolf Parade / Sunset Rubdown
Orbital
Underworld
tUnE-yArDs
13th floor elevators
Love
Mastodon
Big Black
Fugazi
Smashing Pumpkins
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Leonard Cohen
Billy Bragg
Husker Du
The Minutemen
The Replacements
Sonic Youth
Lali Puna
The Prodigy
Titus Andronicus
Dum dum girls
ac acoustics
The rolling stones
The beatles
Led Zepplin

this could go on for ages so i'll stop now...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Music