Episode 7.18 - Song Beneath the Song - Spoilers

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode 7.18 - Song Beneath the Song - Spoilers

Postby Humbugged on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:56 pm

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclu ... 30106.aspx

Gotta admit, when I first heard ABC's Grey's Anatomy was staging a musical episode, I had serious doubts about what Patrick Dempsey (Derek) jokingly refers to as "Glee M.D." And I wasn't the only one.

"Ellen Pompeo [Meredith] was very much like, 'Tell me we're not going to sing and dance in the hall. This is crazy!'" recalls creator Shonda Rhimes, who dreamed up the risky concept as a love letter to fans. But after the cast's first script read-through, Rhimes says Ellen "came up to me and said, 'I never say I'm wrong, but I was wrong and I want to sing more!' She's having so much fun with it."

I'm sold, too, after a visit to the set to hear the cast's full soundtrack — just wait until you hear Chyler Leigh's Lexie croon Anna Nalick's "Breathe (2AM)" — and see how the songs are used to orchestrate a crisis involving pregnant Callie (Sara Ramirez). The hour, which airs March 31, takes us back to the much-beloved early seasons of Grey's, when music played a vital role on the show. Rhimes says the songs selected "are the ones most associated with the show and make me think of the scenes they [originally] played in."

For instance: Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars," recorded for this episode by Sara, Kevin McKidd (Owen) and Chandra Wilson (Bailey), and Kate Havnevik's "Grace" (sung by Sara and the female cast) were first heard during the Season 2 finale "when Meredith and Derek had sex during the prom, Denny died and Izzie quit," says Rhimes, who next hopes to showcase Taye Diggs' talent with a musical Private Practice.

And anyone remember the abandoned Grey's theme song, Psapp's haunting "Cosy in the Rocket"? (Sample lyric: "Nobody knows where they might end up; nobody knows...") "It's used in this episode in a really interesting way," says Sara, who won a Tony Award in 2005 for Broadway's Monty Python's Spamalot. "Not at all how you might expect."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Greys-Music ... 30123.aspx

Grey's Anatomy musical episode will feature songs made famous by the ABC medical drama, and while the bulk of the cast sings, it's Sara Ramirez who's heavily featured.

Ramirez says she warmed to the task of using her Tony-winning voice on the show.

"It's an amazing opportunity," she says of the March 31episode. "Singing runs in my family; it's something I embrace about myself. I've been nothing but thrilled and excited to come to work and play a character that I love and portray a journey that I'm just really excited to portray."

Check out a first look of Ramirez and the rest of the Grey's cast
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode 7.18 - Song Beneath the Song - Spoilers

Postby Taylijane on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:37 am

Is Callie in the ambulance that arrives at SGH as Mark comes out to the waiting area asking what happened?
And is the musical event Callie having hallucinations/dreams during her recovery? :hmm:

:sleep:
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Taylijane wrote:Is Callie in the ambulance that arrives at SGH as Mark comes out to the waiting area asking what happened?
And is the musical event Callie having hallucinations/dreams during her recovery? :hmm:

:sleep:

Yes and Yes is the answer mate .Its Out Of Body Callie watching everybody singing.

http://abcmedianet.com/web/showpage/sho ... &end_date=

stills
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Thanks, Humbugged.
I gather she is in a car accident - car driven by Arizona. There is a BTS photo on front page with them both in a car.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby Humbugged on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:05 am

Taylijane wrote:Thanks, Humbugged.
I gather she is in a car accident - car driven by Arizona. There is a BTS photo on front page with them both in a car.

Bigger stills

http://paramountrecapture.com/greys-ana ... omo-photos

looks like the baby is at least born OK

http://paramountrecapture.com/wp-conten ... 89_ful.png
Humbugged
Supporting Actor

Postby avvril on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Hello Grey's Anatomy fans !

About the music event that aired last week.. have you seen it ? did you love it ? did you hate it ? why ?

If you have two minutes (tops!), please answer these few questions. I'm working on a sociological study about american culture and television, and your answers could really help !

It's very short, i promise :)

thanks a lot ! :) :)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHZYaEJ1aHNaWGlCQVlBbFRwX3d2enc6MQ
avvril
Viewer

Postby DarkUFO on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:48 pm

Welcome to the forums Avvril
DarkUFO
Administrator

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers