PD leaves Grey's after Season 8

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

PD leaves Grey's after Season 8

Postby natalie_9611 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:16 am

So, it seems Patrick won't be on board after the end of the next season. And as Shonda has already said she is planning season 8 as the show's last for the original cast.

What do you think it means for MerDer? Ellen hasn't decided yet what to do but what do you guys think, should Mer stay at Seattle Grace-Mercy West even without McDreamy? Or you'd prefer them to leave together?
natalie_9611
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: PD leaves Grey's after Season 8

Postby DarkUFO on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:56 am

We've just added a poll on the main site (http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/poll-w ... atomy.html) to see what people think of the news.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Ayliere on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:32 am

Well, the focus that the show had when it first started--that is to say, Meredith as the show's namesake--is pretty much gone. Despite the "ebbs and flows" of character story lines in ensemble dramas that Shonda keeps talking about, it was always obvious that Meredith was the primary character. And, with that, other characters have become much more important (Alex or Lexie, for instance), and Meredith has sort of fallen back.

Let's not forget that Meredith hasn't been the only Grey on the show for quite some time; Lexie has really stepped up since season four. Let's also not forget that the Grey in the title refers not only to Meredith, but also to that gray area between black-and-white situations (which are always present in medical dramas). Meredith sees things in shades of gray while Derek tends to be morally and ethically absolute.

Can the show continue without Meredith and Derek? I think it can, but mainly because there are other strong characters that we care about just as much as--if not more than--Meredith.
Ayliere
Viewer

Postby md_em on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Ayliere wrote:Can the show continue without Meredith and Derek? I think it can, but mainly because there are other strong characters that we care about just as much as--if not more than--Meredith.

I have here to disagree. And I think the ratings are speaking by themselves. S8 should be the last one, and then maybe it could be a good one.
But you came back. Will to Alicia Season 1

Meredith wasn't a fling. She wasn't revenge. I fell in love with her. That doesn't go away because I decided to stay with you. Derek to Addison Season 2.
Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow. Mer voice over Season 5.
md_em
Star Billing

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers