Episode 5.12 - Sympathy for the Devil - Spoiler Discussion

Spoiler discussion for 'Grey's Anatomy'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode 5.12 - Sympathy for the Devil - Spoiler Discussion

Postby Taylijane on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:46 am

Title: Sympathy for the Devil
Episode Summary:

Derek's mother, Carolyn, makes a surprise visit to Seattle and meets Meredith for the first time, as Mark tries to conceal his relationship with Lexie from her as well; meanwhile, death row inmate William wishes to donate his organs to Bailey and Arizona's patient, as Owen and Cristina try to go on their first date.

As well as a continuation of the PDR and the child who needs a transplant we have [i]Chuck: Male, Caucasian, late 30's to early 50's, comedic. Must be 5'4" or shorter. He is a wealthy business man. Gary: Male, Caucasian, mid 30's to late 40's. Must be 6'0" or taller. He is the smart, sweet, put upon brother to Chuck. (SpoilerFix)

Do you think that Owen and Cristina make it out on a date? And, where will he take her?
Is the PDR trying to atone for his "sins" by donating his organs to the boy or is he seeking a more easy way to die i.e. on the operating table?
Last edited by Taylijane on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: 5.12 - Spoiler Discussion

Postby hbshopgirl on Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:44 am

I think they attempt to go on a "normal" date and something happens like Owen has a flashback and cancels and ends up at christina's. (I am going off the clip in that new year promo)
If they do make it to dinner I don't want it to be like Burke and Christina's in season 2. That was good but I want Owen and Christina's relationship to be different from her's with Burke. It obviously is but I mean they attempted to go on a normal date too and ended up doing a surgery together. I think that's what that couple was about medicine and surgery and it worked for them. For Owen and Christina I think they share a past. I mean of course different things happened to them but they both are troubled and they will help each other get past everything.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby annamarie on Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:53 pm

I couldn't agree more - I want Owen and Christina's relationship "different" also - nuturing/healthy
annamarie
Viewer

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:00 am

annamarie wrote:I couldn't agree more - I want Owen and Christina's relationship "different" also - nuturing/healthy

Hi annamarie. :) Healthy? Cristina? :rofl: I don't think so; and, Owen has so many issues we do not even know about yet. He has an ex-fiancee appearing shortly and the called the engagement off by SMS or email - not good relationship material. I do hope they have a more successful time than Meredith and Derek though. sr has given Mere and Derek a very rough road to romance.
"Did you say it? 'I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life.' Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby greysoffice on Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:44 pm

Owen is such a great character and I can't wait to see where the writer's take it. It is true, there is so much more about Owen that we don't even know about yet and I hope we learn more about him in the episode. I think he has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or something and Derek's mom, being a former army nurse, may help him out with or something. At least that's my guess.

As for Derek's mom visiting, all I have to say is it's about time! We've only met his sister before and I'm really looking forward to seeing his mom visit and meet Meredith. I wonder if she meets Lexie as well given the hint that Mark tries to conceal his relationship from Derek's mom.
greysoffice
Viewer

Postby sdcsi on Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:53 pm

I find Christina and Owen's relationship to be the best thing on the show right now. I want something good for Christina. I want the relationship to be challenging, but rewarding. Not too much angst.
sdcsi
Viewer

Postby Taylijane on Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:47 am

greysoffice wrote:Owen is such a great character and I can't wait to see where the writer's take it. It is true, there is so much more about Owen that we don't even know about yet and I hope we learn more about him in the episode. I think he has Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or something and Derek's mom, being a former army nurse, may help him out with or something. At least that's my guess.

As for Derek's mom visiting, all I have to say is it's about time! We've only met his sister before and I'm really looking forward to seeing his mom visit and meet Meredith. I wonder if she meets Lexie as well given the hint that Mark tries to conceal his relationship from Derek's mom.

I agree, greysoffice, Owen is going to be a very interesting character. McMama may see something in Owen's behaviour that triggers her nursing nous and we do see in the still that she is talking to him. She has probably seen a lot of cases of PTSD. :|
I am not sure that McMama actually talks to or meets Lexie but I get the feeling that she will see Mark's behaviour around Lexie and she will confront him with it. He will be trying to keep it a secret but I am sure that she will be able to see how Mark operates or the change in how he normally operates around women.

sdcsi wrote:I find Christina and Owen's relationship to be the best thing on the show right now. I want something good for Christina. I want the relationship to be challenging, but rewarding. Not too much angst.

sdcsi, I am unsure that sr can do "non-angst"; it is not in her vocabulary, I am afraid. :lol: She loves to torture the characters and the fans. :x

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby greymaters on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:12 am

"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:08 am

greymaters wrote:Two sneak peeks from 5.12 - Sympathy For the Devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q_w2M5snEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpap-QMMZ7Y

AAAAAAAAwwwwwwwwww - eeewwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeee! :w00t: Isn't the PDR creepy and creepier!!! Meredith could probably compare notes with their childhood but look how she turned out and how he turned out. He is creepy. :scared: Will download the episode tonight and watch tomorrow.
If he gets mobile, I would be worried about him. :scared:

Thanks for the sneak peeks, Donna. :)

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby DarkUFO on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:19 am

Here is a HQ version of one of the Sneak Peeks
http://spoilertv-greysanatomy.blogspot. ... sneak.html
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Taylijane on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:32 am

DarkUFO wrote:Here is a HQ version of one of the Sneak Peeks

Thanks, DarkUFO. :)

Here is the promo:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HGt1zXwhtlE

Meredith S5E24
Taylijane
Supporting Actor

Postby DarkUFO on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:36 am

Taylijane wrote:
DarkUFO wrote:Here is a HQ version of one of the Sneak Peeks

Thanks, DarkUFO. :)

Here is the promo:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HGt1zXwhtlE

http://spoilertv-greysanatomy.blogspot. ... promo.html
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby sdcsi on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:34 pm

I love Tyne Daly. Should be fun to have her as Derek's mom. I wonder what the deal is, though, since Mark obviously wants to avoid her.
sdcsi
Viewer

Postby hbshopgirl on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:21 pm

the sneak peeks are up really early! Whats up with Meridith's hair? Haha.
I have a feeling Derek's mom won't be around for most of the episode. I mean she may stay until the end but I don't think she will have a lot of scenes unfortunately.
Mark is avoiding her because he is with Lexie and he doesn't want her to find out. I guess if he talks to her she will know hes with someone and he will have to tell her who and if he does then Derek will find out..?
Looks good. The one with the PDR is really creepy. Eric Slotz is good.
hbshopgirl
Stunt Double

Postby greymaters on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:30 pm

CTV promo, very bad quality though :hmm:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bywjdGM7RMc

looks like mama is going to be around throughout the eppi. :thumbsup:
"It's important to tell the people you love how much you love them while they can hear you." Meredith
greymaters
Supporting Actor

Next

Return to Grey's Anatomy Spoilers