How To Make Fanvids: Tutorials

For all videos and movies created by our Community.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

How To Make Fanvids: Tutorials

Postby Bella on Wed May 28, 2008 10:40 pm

Please feel free to add to this list, or write your own tutorial; I'll update this post as needed.

Tutorial websites:

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: How To Make Fanvids: Tutorials

Postby sunloc87 on Wed May 28, 2008 10:49 pm

got anything that can help on a macbook?
sunloc87
Stunt Double

Postby Bella on Thu May 29, 2008 1:11 am

Just updated the first post with this link. Hope that helps!

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby Mellow on Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:32 pm

I dont know if Its okay when im posting this here..But how do I make a coloured border around my video?
I use HandBrake to rip my DvDs,i have mpeg streamclip and I use iMovie 0.6 and 0.8 to complete my vids.Anyone?
♥Mellowsplints♥
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
Mellow
Show Expert

Postby Jamielost on Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:15 pm

Mellow wrote:I dont know if Its okay when im posting this here..But how do I make a coloured border around my video?
I use HandBrake to rip my DvDs,i have mpeg streamclip and I use iMovie 0.6 and 0.8 to complete my vids.Anyone?

I've not used iMovie before - is there an option to add a border? (perhaps in effects?) If not, you'd probably have to make one up in Photoshop or Paint, then save it as a .gif and lay it over the video. To get the right size border, take a screencap of the preview window on iMovie (I assume it has one), and then make the border around that.

If you don't have photoshop then if you took a screencap of the preview screen [Open iMovie, press the Prtsc button, paste in Paint and save], then PM me it and I'll make one up in photoshop for you. Check out if the program has an option to add a border first though.

An alternative would be render/publish your vid, send it to me and I'll add a border to it with your specifications - I use Sony Vegas which has a border adding option. :D
I ship Jangy! :wub:
Jamielost
Star Billing

Postby Mellow on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:07 pm

Jamielost wrote:
Mellow wrote:I dont know if Its okay when im posting this here..But how do I make a coloured border around my video?

I've not used iMovie before - is there an option to add a border? (perhaps in effects?) If not, you'd probably have to make one up in Photoshop or Paint, then save it as a .gif and lay it over the video. To get the right size border, take a screencap of the preview window on iMovie (I assume it has one), and then make the border around that.

If you don't have photoshop then if you took a screencap of the preview screen [Open iMovie, press the Prtsc button, paste in Paint and save], then PM me it and I'll make one up in photoshop for you. Check out if the program has an option to add a border first though.

An alternative would be render/publish your vid, send it to me and I'll add a border to it with your specifications - I use Sony Vegas which has a border adding option. :D

Jeez, i which I could use Sony Vegas someday. xD
iMovie actually has pretty much good effects but there isnt one including borders..pretty sad actually. But thanks i will try that photoshop thing then.
I guess every besides the border has to be transparent right?
♥Mellowsplints♥
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
Mellow
Show Expert

Postby Jamielost on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:23 pm

Mellow wrote:Jeez, i which I could use Sony Vegas someday. xD
iMovie actually has pretty much good effects but there isnt one including borders..pretty sad actually. But thanks i will try that photoshop thing then.

You can download a free trial HERE if you want to try it out :D

I'm not sure what the layout is like on iMovie, but if you have more than one video track, the border has to go on the track above the video. There should be a track above it, even if it's a text track, so just put it there (or you might have to use an overlay option if that's how it works).
I ship Jangy! :wub:
Jamielost
Star Billing

Postby Mellow on Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:37 pm

Jamielost wrote:
Mellow wrote:Jeez, i which I could use Sony Vegas someday. xD

You can download a free trial HERE if you want to try it out :D

I'm not sure what the layout is like on iMovie, but if you have more than one video track, the border has to go on the track above the video. There should be a track above it, even if it's a text track, so just put it there (or you might have to use an overlay option if that's how it works).

Im using a Mac,thats my problem. :D
But I think it will work the way you explained it.
Thank you, I'll writeyou how it worked out.<3
♥Mellowsplints♥
Mellow
Show Expert

Postby UNIQUE on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Bella :thumbsup: :thumbsup: amazing tutorial info!
HAPPY LOST DAY ALL ! ! ! ! ! !
UNIQUE
Guest Star

Postby Sym on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:48 pm

Tnx :thumbsup: :wub:
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
War against the world Black Sails
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby DestinyFound on Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:50 pm

i do not get how people take clips of lost to their vids

where do they get them
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby Mellow on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:27 pm

DestinyFound wrote:i do not get how people take clips of lost to their vids

where do they get them

They are Clip Sites where people upload them. But most people (including me) rip them from their dvd's. Since it's not very legal i can't give you more informations here but feel free to google it or pm me. :rofl:
♥Mellowsplints♥
Mellow
Show Expert

Return to Fan Vids