Premier League 10/11

Discuss your favourite sports and all of your favourite teams here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Premier League 10/11

Postby JSJL on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:50 am

Who do you predict will win the league? Qualify for the champions league? Be relegated? Here are my predictions:

  1. Arsenal
  2. Manchester City
  3. Chelsea
  4. Manchester United
  5. Tottenham
  6. Liverpool
  7. Everton
  8. Aston Villa
  9. Bolton
  10. Birmingham
  11. West Ham
  12. Stoke City
  13. Blackburn
  14. Fulham
  15. Newcastle
  16. Sunderland
  17. Wolverhampton
  18. West Bromwich Albion
  19. Wigan Athletic
  20. Blackpool

Champions League: 1st , 2nd , 3rd
Champions League qualifying: 4th
Europa League: 5th , 6th , 7th
Relegation: 18th , 19th , 20th


I'm pretty sure that Blackpool will get relegated. I don't think Man U will do that well. Ferdinand looks finished, and Evans and O'Shea don't cut it.

I was very tempted to pick Man City. They have so much talent (the Toure brothers, Tevez, Barry), and if they buy Milner, they will have to be considered favorites. They won't have the Champions League as a distraction. Let's see if everyone can play together though.

Chelsea is starting the season without Drogba, Cech, Benayoun, Essien, and Mikel. I think they will drop a lot of points early on. There are also a lot of rumors linking Cole to Madrid.

I expect Tottenham to have a good year. Bale and Lennon will only get better (they need to sell Jenas though).

Arsenal will win if they can avoid injuries. They really need Arshavin and Van Persie fit for most of the season (Bendtner isn't exactly world class). Chamakh and Koscielny were great buys (Koscielny is being hyped as the next Vermaelen!). AW still needs to buy a keeper!
User avatar
JSJL
Guest Star
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:56 am
Gender: Male


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby Devil's Arcade on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:07 pm

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Man U
4. Liverpool
5. Tottenham
6. Man City
7. Aston Villa


18. WBA
19. Wolves
20. Blackpool
User avatar
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert
 
Posts: 2004
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Glasgow
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby Two Sides on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:25 pm

You gave me something to think about at work now :hmm: I highly doubt arsenal will win it. AW needs to stop bringing good players in an bring in world class players. Guess it's down to money. I have a feeling Man Utd could win, but they need to get Vidic and Ferdinands heads in the right places. Hernandez could give Rooney a run for his money ;) Chelsea... To old.

-- Merged Double Post --

  1. Manchester United
  2. Chelsea
  3. Arsenal
  4. Manchester City
  5. Liverpool
  6. Tottenham
  7. Everton
  8. Aston Villa
  9. Fulham
  10. Birmingham
  11. West Ham
  12. Stoke City
  13. Sunderland
  14. Blackburn
  15. Bolton
  16. Newcastle
  17. West Bromwich Albion
  18. Wigan Athletic
  19. Wolverhampton
  20. Blackpool
Last edited by Two Sides on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby Two Sides on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:44 am

I think the sale, which looks more then likely, of both Milner and Young will really hinder Aston Villa this year. Therefore i decided to move them down a place and move Everton up a place. Obviously Villa aren't a one man team but if they do lose Young as well as Milner then they will really be stuck in midfield. They will have no one to supply the balls to Agbonlahor or crosses to Heskey, there will be no creativity or anything. And O'Neill quit because the transfer money raised was not being used to buy players but instead balance the book, which may be good in the long term but overall i would say they will struggle this season unless replacements are brought in.

Also, i am even more certain of Blackpools 2th position now. They have brought in 3 players all summer who are mediocre at best. There current squad IMO would actually struggle in the Championship this year despite having got promoted last year.

I would have placed Birmingham around 14th seen as Joe Hart was not going back there this season, however seen as they brought in Ben Foster (who i rate highly) i think they will perhaps make up a few places, but i doubt they will still be as good as last year. Also, they bought Zigic.... i have no idea how this transfer will turn out :lol:

I would love to put Fulham higher but i am unsure of them without Hodgson. I mean, he managed to get the best out of Zamora, which hasn't always proved easy. They also lost Chris Smalling which was a bit of a blow but not massive. And Schwarzer is being linked to a few clubs, notably Arsenal, so IF they were to lose him then i would fear a mid to low position.
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby JSJL on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:01 am

Two Sides wrote:I think the sale, which looks more then likely, of both Milner and Young will really hinder Aston Villa this year. Therefore i decided to move them down a place and move Everton up a place. Obviously Villa aren't a one man team but if they do lose Young as well as Milner then they will really be stuck in midfield. They will have no one to supply the balls to Agbonlahor or crosses to Heskey, there will be no creativity or anything. And O'Neill quit because the transfer money raised was not being used to buy players but instead balance the book, which may be good in the long term but overall i would say they will struggle this season unless replacements are brought in.

Also, i am even more certain of Blackpools 2th position now. They have brought in 3 players all summer who are mediocre at best. There current squad IMO would actually struggle in the Championship this year despite having got promoted last year.

I would have placed Birmingham around 14th seen as Joe Hart was not going back there this season, however seen as they brought in Ben Foster (who i rate highly) i think they will perhaps make up a few places, but i doubt they will still be as good as last year. Also, they bought Zigic.... i have no idea how this transfer will turn out :lol:

I would love to put Fulham higher but i am unsure of them without Hodgson. I mean, he managed to get the best out of Zamora, which hasn't always proved easy. They also lost Chris Smalling which was a bit of a blow but not massive. And Schwarzer is being linked to a few clubs, notably Arsenal, so IF they were to lose him then i would fear a mid to low position.


I've been hearing rumors that Hughes will bring in a bunch of his old City players like Santa Cruz, Ireland, and Bellamy. (sounding more and more likely as City has 40+ players). I think that would put Fulham in the Top 9. Right now, I see Fulham struggling.

I don't think that Villa will sell Young, the owner even denied this. First Barry, now Milner? Villa fans must be loving this. :rofl:

Bolton also signed Petrov, he is a steal.They could make a decent push this year for the Europa League.

I'm really interested to see how West Ham do. Grant isn't a bad manager and Piquionne and Ben Haim look like smart signings.

I'm tempted to drop Tottenham even lower. They haven't got much depth, and if they choose to focus on the UCL, they might slip to somewhere like 8th.
User avatar
JSJL
Guest Star
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:56 am
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby Two Sides on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:08 am

I left Tottenham in the position i chose previously purely because they manage to do well each season :lol: They haven't spent anything really this summer. i don't see that as a bad thing as it could pull a team together better then if someone was to be brought in. We will see how they get on.

And about Hughes, i hope he does bring in the players you mentioned because i quite like Fulham... i think a lot of people do. Bellamy is certain to leave Man City. He said in an interview yesterday that he will quit football altogether if he is left out of the 25 man squad for Man city this season. I don't see him quitting :lol: but he will definitely go.

You are right about Grant... he seems to have had bad luck when managing. :lol: I hope he does well this year. Do they still have Diamanti...? He was great last season, and Behrami.

I heard a rumour about Young moving to Liverpool, i don't see it happening really as Liverpool don't have much money under the current ownership. A new set of owners should be introduced soon so it could still be a possibility.
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby JSJL on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:19 am

Two Sides wrote:I left Tottenham in the position i chose previously purely because they manage to do well each season :lol: They haven't spent anything really this summer. i don't see that as a bad thing as it could pull a team together better then if someone was to be brought in. We will see how they get on.

And about Hughes, i hope he does bring in the players you mentioned because i quite like Fulham... i think a lot of people do. Bellamy is certain to leave Man City. He said in an interview yesterday that he will quit football altogether if he is left out of the 25 man squad for Man city this season. I don't see him quitting :lol: but he will definitely go.

You are right about Grant... he seems to have had bad luck when managing. :lol: I hope he does well this year. Do they still have Diamanti...? He was great last season, and Behrami.

I heard a rumour about Young moving to Liverpool, i don't see it happening really as Liverpool don't have much money under the current ownership. A new set of owners should be introduced soon so it could still be a possibility.


Grant has awful luck. He loses the Premier League by 1 point (because of Scolari) and the Champions League by a penalty kick, and he is sacked. He worked well with Pompey last year though.

Man City are also linked with Balotelli, so Barry might also be on the way out.

Liverpool are being linked with some Chinese investment company. I don't think an investment company will care about anything other than turning a handsome profit.

Who do you think will win promotion this year? I really hope Middlesbrough stays down!
User avatar
JSJL
Guest Star
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:56 am
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby Two Sides on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:25 am

Why would Barry be on his way out... Balotelli is a striker :P

And... I think promotion will go to Coventry (i can dream) Middlesbrough, Reading and Burnley... but i have no idea who will be 2nd between Reading and Burnley... probably Burnley. It really is an impossible league to predict :lol: Thats why i prefer the Championship to Premier League.
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby JSJL on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:46 am

Two Sides wrote:Why would Barry be on his way out... Balotelli is a striker


I meant that seeing as they already have 15 midfielders, if Milner and Balotelli come in, Barry will likely be on his way out.

The Championship is usually more exciting, but this year there are 5-6 teams that might win the EPL. I think Not. Forest might win the league though.

I bet that you are cheering for Leicester City :whistle:
User avatar
JSJL
Guest Star
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:56 am
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby Two Sides on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:04 am

HA! cheering for them to go down where they belong. Their crisp bowl stadium belongs in League 1! :lol:

Nottingham Forest were crazy last year but i kinda thought it was fluke :lol: denial...? :rofl:
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby Brewski on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:10 pm

1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Aston Villa
5. Arsenal
6. Man City.

Its a bit wishful thinking, but im looking at liverpool as a phoenix rising from the flames and stunning everyone. I gotta stay loyal to them :lol:


18. Sunderland
19. Blackburn
20. Blackpool
Image
Image
Image
Has an iphone that belongs to some of you! :P
User avatar
Brewski
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:30 pm
Location: Coming to a brewery near you!! (ok ireland :P )
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby Two Sides on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Risky business brewski :lol: Liverpool have a better manager now... and Joe Cole. I think they could do well. Well 4th is possible :P
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby DarkUFO on Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Hope I am wrong and Arsenal win but I just can't see it this season.

Manchester City
Chelsea
Manchester United
Arsenal
Tottenham
Liverpool
Everton
Aston Villa
Fulham
West Ham
Birmingham
Sunderland
Newcastle
Stoke City
Blackburn
Wolverhampton
Bolton
Wigan Athletic
West Bromwich Albion
Blackpool
User avatar
DarkUFO
Administrator
 
Posts: 9037
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: UK
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby Brewski on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Two Sides wrote:Risky business brewski :lol: Liverpool have a better manager now... and Joe Cole. I think they could do well. Well 4th is possible :P

Haha thats kinda what im aiming for really. I wanna see the boys back in the champions league before long or we're in serious trouble. I think with the new life brought into the club we've a good chance in getting our game back. Just need a good start to the season.

Ah dark, Man city ? Really!? lol, dont you ever learn? The pattern is Man city , spend spend spend. Season starts : Win, Win, Draw, Lose lose lose, lose, lose lose, lose, lose, Draw, Sack Manager, Win, Win, Draw, Lose, Lose, Lose. Season Ends : Spend Spend Spend. :lol:
Image
Image
Image
Has an iphone that belongs to some of you! :P
User avatar
Brewski
Star Billing
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:30 pm
Location: Coming to a brewery near you!! (ok ireland :P )
Gender: Male

Re: Premier League 10/11

Postby Two Sides on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:25 pm

Man city will have a ego problem this year, i think they will do better then last season because they will still have good players, but the ego would definitely set them back.
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Next

Return to Sports


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

cron